• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
And after that Magical Witch Punie-chan.

i'd watch Magical Witch Punie-chan first.

Lyrical Tokarev, kill them all! ~♪

YES YES YES. ONE MILLION TIMES YES. Watch Punie-chan. It is hilarious.

I bought a figure of her even:
F0FnP.jpg

/XX/

Wasn't Mr. Takeuchi the one with the mollusk, and echinoderm, and other diverse aquatic-life fetish?

We can take a moment to lament the great loss of the show's star:

RIP Dyson-chan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RtXqJVHIs4

I think people like Shiranui because she's a troll character both on the surface and behind on the scenes. She's definitely one of the more entertaining pre-Kumagawa characters (as little as that says about the rest of the cast), but just showing how little she gives a fuck regarding anything that isn't food gives us a much needed break from Medaka's boring perfection. That and the "she knows more than she's letting on" feeling you get from here, at least for me.
Yep, some like that
love does not always have to win.

I don't know, but I think just about anything can be art... it's all in the eye of the beholder, or the creator. One or the other, only one needs to think something is art for it to be art, I think.

On a related note, that Calvin and Hobbes "low art, high art, low art" comic is probably related here... go read it. I believe in a broad definition of art, for sure, though, myself.
Of course, the double-dealing that strip denounces with irony is one of the most annoying things from this argument. You know, The Great Velázquez was a King's shill, and that does not mean the commissioned works he made are of a lesser "art". Every craftsman should be equally respected, in my opinion.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Sankarea 5

Damn, Furuya, just give her
hydrangea leaves
already.

But the licking was... Sexy.
Not the pictured.

Another good episode. Not on the first three's level, but definitely better than last week's, which was tainted by that terrible bath scene.

But it has a flying whale. :(

Flying whales are near the top of the list of things that are undeniably awesome.

It's a phony flying whale, though :(

wonzo

Banned
Wasn't Mr. Takeuchi the one with the mollusk, and echinoderm, and other diverse aquatic-life fetish?
I thought Takeuchi was just the artist for the VN's. Then again I find it pretty hard to believe someone other than Nasu could write such great lines as:

[Wonzo I've been editing all of these out. Catch on already.]

We can take a moment to lament the great loss of the show's star:

RIP Dyson-chan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RtXqJVHIs4
bring on the zombie Dyson
edit:
0117_kn7c.gif

Steroyd

There's still Precure!

A-a-all of them!? @_@

On the contrary...

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b572/hknishino/doremi2_zps14b16840.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

What is with Toei and 50 episode seasons. @_@

[quote="BGBW, post: 37552089"]And after that Magical Witch Punie-chan.[/QUOTE]

[quote="wonzo, post: 37552172"]i'd watch [b][URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtGV2zsi-x4"]Magical Witch Punie-chan[/URL][/b] first.

[I]Lyrical Tokarev, kill them all! ~♪[/I][/QUOTE]

omg why is everything on fire!? I think I'll watch this by virtue of it being the shortest.

But one of these days I will run out I tells ya.

cajunator

Banned
A-a-all of them!? @_@

What is with Toei and 50 episode seasons. @_@

omg why is everything on fire!? I think I'll watch this by virtue of it being the shortest.

But one of these days I will run out I tells ya.

Punie-chan is sort of like moe-hitler or osme other dictator. If you watch the show you will understand.

Steroyd

No, not really. The franchise is pretty much variations on a theme, and some are worth watching while others are not.

52 weeks in a year!

Those slave drivers, don't they realise it bloats my backlog by a margin.

Just watch Heartcatch and Smile.

the only problem with Smile is that Akanbe sucks. All of them. Terrible designs.

I've seen all of Heartcatch and currently watching Smile which is why i was asking if the others were worth watching, (Suite got a thumbs down if i remember correctly). It is for the reason Hitokage just mentioned on the precure series as a whole which is why I didn't bother to jump in more than I have now, even though I did entertain the idea of watching the others.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I've heard good things about it, so I offered it.

I feel pretty comfortable with recommending Sailor Moon to people without seeing much of it either.

What you were supposed to take out of my comment was that you need to watch HeartCatch. :(

Steroyd, a fair amount of the others are supposed to be good as well, perhaps Madpierrot can provide more information?

Ultimadrago

sengoku collection - 05
That was certainly . . . unique.

Others have talked about the parody stuff, so I'll just post about how fucking awful these designs are. Jesus fucking christ.

Good lawd.

As I've preached before...they're quite the kind of terrible.

duckroll

So Jexhius, on the topic of time dilution, which do you feel is more harmful to narrative?

- Fate/Zero ep14-15 comprise of 41 minutes of animation, but cover 15 minutes of events in actual show chronology.

- Kids on the Slope ep3-4 comprise of 39 minutes of animation, but cover about 5 months of events in actual show chronology.

Discuss!!!!

Theonik

So Jexhius, on the topic of time dilution, which do you feel is more harmful to narrative?

- Fate/Zero ep14-15 comprise of 41 minutes of animation, but cover 15 minutes of events in actual show chronology.

- Kids on the Slope ep3-4 comprise of 39 minutes of animation, but cover about 5 months of events in actual show chronology.

Discuss!!!!
Depends on the value of the events. If it's 5 months but nothing really happens then that dilution is harmless. It's is 15 minutes being stretched but it makes the action more engaging then that's also OK. Having half the plot fast forwarded though is bad and so is making a 3 second slap into a 5 minute scene.
How do people feel about Endless Eight on Haruhi S2?

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Depends on the value of the events. If it's 5 months but nothing really happens then that dilution is harmless. It's is 15 minutes being stretched but it makes the action more engaging then that's also OK. Having half the plot fast forwarded though is bad and so is making a 3 second slap into a 5 minute scene.
How do people feel about Endless Eight on Haruhi S2?

Haruhi is shit

And endless eight is just shittier

Fairy Tail 19:

DTL vindicated, One Piece steals from Fairy Tail confirmed.

I don't know what it says about Fairy Tail that I've enjoyed the two filler episodes more than any of the canon material, but this episode was awesomely bonkers. You can probably tell what's going on from the pictures, but just in case you need a hint,
BODY SWAP EPISODE!

If only One Piece could be more original at times, but I guess it doesnt hurt to steal from the genre definer.

That episode had so many good moments
tumblr_m0a93cviVi1qfz6vto5_500.gif

duckroll

making a 3 second slap into a 5 minute scene.

Shit, I'm imagining it right now, and this is the most amazing thing. Imagine it with me! The camera is on the hand delivering the slap, and its moving towards the screen in slow motion. While this is happening, we hear an internal monologue from the guy who is about the receive the slap, and he is talking about the angle of the hand and the momentum applied, and how much force he has to exert to block it. Then just before the slap connects with the camera, a open palm blocks it at the wrist with a dramatic sound effect. Close-up on the eyes of the person doing the slapping. Internal monologue about the audacity the guy has to block a slap he deserves. Close-up on the eyes of the guy blocking the slap. Internal monologue about how he doesn't deserve this, and he won't let himself be humiliated any further. Camera pans across the legs of both parties from the ground angle, showing how they are both holding their ground. Staring montage. Growls of determination from both parties. Super slow motion scene of the aggressor removing the blocking hand with the free hand. Close-up of the slapping palm moving one frame per second as it slowly moves towards the guy's cheek. Suddenly, just before it connects, a third party's voice interrupts. Bird's eye view camera of the entire classroom, with the two characters in the middle, interrupted mid-slap by a teacher at the door. Freeze frame. To be continued end card.

Just watch Heartcatch and Smile.

the only problem with Smile is that Akanbe sucks. All of them. Terrible designs.

The first season is the one that is the best IMO , heartcatch in close second , splash star in third because the ennemy design ( not the monster ) is yet unrivalled in precure ...

If you look for ass kicking magical girls , you can't go wrong with those seasons ( beware of porum , i repeat BEWARE OF PORUM).

Discuss!!!!

Seeing as i loved Hunter x hunter 1 sec battle mindfuck that will probably last several episodes once animated , i think that i enjoy the fate/zero route.

BluWacky

Shit, I'm imagining it right now, and this is the most amazing thing. Imagine it with me! The camera is on the hand delivering the slap, and its moving towards the screen in slow motion. While this is happening, we hear an internal monologue from the guy who is about the receive the slap, and he is talking about the angle of the hand and the momentum applied, and how much force he has to exert to block it. Then just before the slap connects with the camera, a open palm blocks it at the wrist with a dramatic sound effect. Close-up on the eyes of the person doing the slapping. Internal monologue about the audacity the guy has to block a slap he deserves. Close-up on the eyes of the guy blocking the slap. Internal monologue about how he doesn't deserve this, and he won't let himself be humiliated any further. Camera pans across the legs of both parties from the ground angle, showing how they are both holding their ground. Staring montage. Growls of determination from both parties. Super slow motion scene of the aggressor removing the blocking hand with the free hand. Close-up of the slapping palm moving one frame per second as it slowly moves towards the guy's cheek. Suddenly, just before it connects, a third party's voice interrupts. Bird's eye view camera of the entire classroom, with the two characters in the middle, interrupted mid-slap by a teacher at the door. Freeze frame. To be continued end card.

Can there be a flashback in there too? Or is that cheating? The slap itself would still only last three seconds, but it might remind one of the characters of a previous slap, and that shit could take weeks...

duckroll

Can there be a flashback in there too? Or is that cheating? The slap itself would still only last three seconds, but it might remind one of the characters of a previous slap, and that shit could take weeks...

Maybe we can also work in a training montage as a flashback, to show how determined the aggressor is to ensure the slapping is done just right.

sonicmj1

Is no one else watching this slap? Surely we need to see their shocked faces and hear their complex internal monologues concerning this shocking turn of events.

Defuser

Tsuritama ep4
Show is a whole better if it was focus on fishing imo. If not, should have went for fishing battle shounen.

DiGiKerot

What was Idolm@ster Xenoglossia like? Was it like AKB0048 or vastly different?

It's a subversion of Sunrise genre tropes of the time disguised as a typical Sunrise genre show that actually has very little to do with iM@S.

I think it's an interesting show, many, many people disagree with that statement. It's nothing like AKB0048, in any case.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Tsuritama ep4
Show is a whole better if it was focus on fishing imo. If not, should have went for fishing battle shounen.
Why would you watch a Nakamura show for this? It's like wanting Trapeze to be a slapstick comedy or Mononoke to be an action series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom