• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

Code Geass R2 10

But we've finally crossed the line in terms of the action. Now we have a dying man born with super-human mech control abilities... And direct hyper beam confrontations. Next thing you know Ledouche will be asking CC what's that mech's power level, and she'll be all bald and angry.

As I believe I've mentioned, interesting mech combat tends to go to shit when everyone can fly around, especially if they've all got wave-motion guns fitted to their craft.

As I believe I've mentioned, interesting mech combat tends to go to shit when everyone can fly around, especially if they've all got wave-motion guns fitted to their craft.
Yeah, R1's mecha action is considerably better than R2's. Gundam 00 suffered from the same problem.

You know what my favorite part of rewatching Fate/Zero S1 is? Besides Rider, of course. It's dust particles. I just love dust particles. There's not enough anime with them.

duckroll

Un-Go 09:

Man, a whole episode just to establish that
Bettennou is up to something
. Un-Go makes an excellent sedative, even when I'm not tired. Why the hell was
Rinroku being at home the night that he was supposedly on live television
not the VERY FIRST THING that Rie said to Shinjuurou? AAAAAAAUGHDFSG WHY AM I WATCHING THIS

Un-Go 6

I really feel like there was no mystery this episode.
I mean it was all well done and the conclusion was valid and so on, but Rinroku could have just returned the children the moment the guy was out. So I'm hoping there was more to it. Oh and there is some evil dude at the end that orchestrated everything, lol yeah right

loli robot is too broken, she is the wet dream of CSI writers, she can do everything

The New Information Privacy and Protection Act is really just a tool to make bad things happen to people so they can have some sort of plot each episode.

Un-Go 7

huh? what? why? how?

fuck, even ignoring this whole thing is a dream or whatever, these actresses were spouting even more random nonsense than previous episodes.

Un-Go 10:

what an enormous fucking trainwreck

they even faded to black and had a scene change the second that the nature of Bettennou's powers were about to be revealed. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Un-Go 11:

9tMLq.gif

nZCb3.gif

I'll watch Inga-ron tomorrow.

Un-Go 8

So this was all
the case of brainwashing and massive prison wide illusion? Do they even charge the girl in that case? I really loved these drop things that they did to alternate between the two realities.

Un-Go 10

Do these script writers even check their own work? I feel like the process of writing the script for the episode involves writing the beginning, the conclusion and then getting a high school kid who just passed philosophy to write the middle.

Bettenou is such a cheap plot device

Un-Go 11

Oh... wow, that was beautiful. Thank you Bones for this wonderful and fantastic ride. Best anime of 2011.

Season 2 when?

Un-Go Episode 0: Inga-ron

first of all, lol @
stubble Shinjuurou, Inga and Bettennou's statues, and Oono Myoushin being in the OP/ED of the show but not actually appearing in the series. I was confused as hell when the show ended and I still didn't know what any of these things were

While it doesn't make up for the series, this prequel film was sufficiently explanatory for a lot of basic background that was completely omitted from the show. Shinjuurou's past in particular was actually kind of interesting, as I hadn't taken him for someone so cynical and empty inside. He was never a ray of sunshine in the series, however being unable to trust anyone comes with the job of being a detective. Apparently his darkness extends pretty deeply.

Was it implied at the end that
Serada using Bettennou to fake the video of Shinjuurou's comrades being executed was the catalyst for the war?

And that Rinroku had plotted triggering a war from the moment that he learned of Bettennou's existence and put Serada up to it for reasons unexplained?

If so, this makes Rinroku one of the most formidable evil masterminds in anime history. Fucker basically seized the country for his own while sitting at his computer.

Furthermore, how the hell does Japan go to war against a third-world country and lose?

There are still a ton of loose ends, but this at least made me feel like watching the series wasn't entirely for nothing. Some of Un-Go's plot hax did bleed over into the film (
that was some Euphinator-level "fucked by a slight semantics issue" scenario that got Serada killed
), but for the most part it remained pretty coherent.

RUww9.jpg

MUzce.jpg

Y2vDl.jpg

TQ0yX.jpg

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM! *burp*

Jex

Un-Go 09:

Man, a whole episode just to establish that
Bettennou is up to something
. Un-Go makes an excellent sedative, even when I'm not tired. Why the hell was
Rinroku being at home the night that he was supposedly on live television
not the VERY FIRST THING that Rie said to Shinjuurou? AAAAAAAUGHDFSG WHY AM I WATCHING THIS
Well, that's because Un-Go isn't a mystery show.

Space Bros. 6

I loved this episode. The flashbacks to Mutta and Hibito visiting Jaxa as kids actually reminded me of the family trips we'd take every year to Kennedy Space Center. It was a very nostalgic episode.

Uta no Prince-sama Maji Love 1000% 04
I don't think so.
I think how I feel about each episode is somewhat affected by my initial reaction to idol of the week, so this week's was kinda boring. There were decent parts in pretty much interactions not including him.

Also, I can't imagine any actual room looking like this.

cajunator

Banned
You know what my favorite part of rewatching Fate/Zero S1 is? Besides Rider, of course. It's dust particles. I just love dust particles. There's not enough anime with them.

I know. Those dust particles are such a simple thing, yet add a lot of atmosphere to the show. You can see them so brilliantly in Hidef too!

Uta no Prince-sama Maji Love 1000% 05
Being an idol can kill you.
Man, that was a ridiculously fun episode. I guess when the drama isn't really drama, it becomes much more fun to watch and there's less time spent on boys sulking around. It was pretty fun to see Syo pretty much traumatized over and over.

And, our Wakamoto sighting.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Uta no Prince-sama Maji Love 1000% 05

Being an idol can kill you.
Man, that was a ridiculously fun episode. I guess when the drama isn't really drama, it becomes much more fun to watch and there's less time spent on boys sulking around. It was pretty fun to see Syo pretty much traumatized over and over.

And, our Wakamoto sighting.

So do agree that the MC's best friend >>>>>> MC and the show should totally have been about her instead?

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
That is pretty much true. But we can't have stylish female leads in an otome game!

Well, JC Staff's summer anime is an adaption of an Otome game, the lead there has quite a bit of personality from what I've heard, but what you say is unfortunately true too much of the time. :(

Well, JC Staff's summer anime is an adaption of an Otome game, the lead there has quite a bit of personality from what I've heard, but what you say is unfortunately true too much of the time. :(

Ah yeah, La storia della Arcana Famiglia. Didn't realize JC Staff is doing it. I think I was looking forward to it since it sounded a little different from the normal otome stuff.

Dear lord, am I going to hate typing up impressions for this just based off the title alone.

cajunator

Banned
More of you should watch Mahoraba.

No not Maburaho, I'm tlaking about Mahoraba Heartful Days.

Aoba Kozue wants to see you. All five of her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom