• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Real talk: the quality of Nichibros is overblown. It's a decent but enjoyable comedy that doesn't really have a lot to offer outside of a few good moments each episode. It isn't really surprising that people wouldn't want to own it.

Uta no Prince-sama Maji Love 1000% 02
I'm guessing for most part it'll be an episode focused one guy.
But, damn, if anything this episode did nothing but made me warm up to Ittoki. It was a pretty good episode, I liked the song at the end, and at least the female lead isn't annoying.

Being an idol can kill you.
Man, that was a ridiculously fun episode. I guess when the drama isn't really drama, it becomes much more fun to watch and there's less time spent on boys sulking around. It was pretty fun to see Syo pretty much traumatized over and over.

And, our Wakamoto sighting.

She ought to have focused more on Ittoki. Syo was hilarious, I think I do remember that one. They had the better character songs.

Ah yeah, La storia della Arcana Famiglia. Didn't realize JC Staff is doing it. I think I was looking forward to it since it sounded a little different from the normal otome stuff.

Dear lord, am I going to hate typing up impressions for this just based off the title alone.

The manga for it makes it seem really compelling or at least with some action. Characters actually all look pretty cool. And main character, well she is interesting. (well just the three I read)

duckroll

Mysterious Girlfriend X ep9 should be interesting for staff whores. Yamauchi directing/storyboarding, Hayama as animation director.

dGBQ8a5HJooPN.gif

Nope.

Nyaruko is entertaining, unlike Nichibros.

Xebec as secret best anime studio produces only high quality animes.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Nyaruko 5
Hand drawn cars and water?

Nyaruko > Fate/Zero confirmed!

The
underwater missile spam was pretty nice looking too.

Anyway, there was some actual plot this episode between all the BTTF references, but that still didn't get in the way of the most important part of this episode, Hastur.

I see you returned to the superior avatar rurounizel.

What? SakuraMiku is so much better than this one. :(

Go back to the superior one, Rurounizel. :(

duckroll

Maybe 7th can stop cutting himself now. SSO 8-9 are written by Yoshida, and 10 is Matsumoto x Umakoshi. Come on bro, step away from the ledge! :)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Nichibros improved towards the end, it's just a shame it had a few dud episodes in the middle after the promising start.

Jex

Apparently Sunrise is doing an anime for Nerawareta Gakuen (The Aimed School). The director is another Madhouse director - Ryosuke Nakamura (Mouryou no Hako). The bailout from Badhouse seems pretty serious!

This is rather relevant to my interests. I had already heard the rumours that he'd left Madhouse, but I guess this confirms it.

Also, this isn't the kind of material I expected Nakamura to be working with, but I guess making end's meat is important and he can't spend his time working on esoteric weird stuff that presumably makes no money.

This is rather relevant to my interests. I had already heard the rumours that he'd left Madhouse, but I guess this confirms it.

Also, this isn't the kind of material I expected Nakamura to be working with, but I guess making end's meat is important.

Making meat is definitely important. Meat is quite tasty when done well.

Defuser

Do you remember when J.C Staff was a name associated with quality?
I never did associate them for quality but hell some of the shows they put out is good but so far most game adaptations they made is always a failure. Should have let DEEN handle it lol.

Well, their output this year has been quite good so far, there's still hope!

Really? ZnT final was bad, nobody likes Kimi to boku, not sure about Milky holmes. Only thing good come out this year is Ano natsu. Reason why I can't hate J.C.Staff is because I have a soft spot for the Index/Railgun franchise which is looking to be their only cash cow left.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Powerpuff girls is by far the greatest magical girl show ever and anime counter part like sailor moon,cardcaptor sakura,precure and all the other anime magical girl shows are diarrhea by comparison.

Japan should be ashamed of that fact.

They are not magical since they were made with SCIENCE.

cajunator

Banned
I seem to recall them working on this certain show. not sure if you guys have heard of it. Revolutionary girl Utena. Its probably really horrible.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I never did associate them for quality but hell some of the shows they put out is good but so far most game adaptations they made is always a failure. Should have let DEEN handle it lol.

Really? ZnT final was bad, nobody likes Kimi to boku, not sure about Milky holmes. Only thing good come out this year is Ano natsu. Reason why I can't hate J.C.Staff is because I have a soft spot for the Index'/Railgun franchise which is looking to be their only cash cow left.

I forgot they made anything besides Ano Natsu.

:(

Jex

I've looked at the daily rankings and, although there's no sales figures, it looks to be heading for around number 5 in the weekly charts so it should have sold more than all of the other anime singles this week (although I don't know how many of those sales will have been for Playball, which is a pretty good song in its own right).

Kanno's on a roll - last week her SMAP single was number 1!

Kanno actually makes music?

Jex

dGBQ8a5HJooPN.gif

Nope.

Nyaruko is entertaining, unlike Nichibros.
The ED for Nichibros alone is far more humorous than anything in that incredibly unfunny piece of shit called Nyaruko.
Real talk: the quality of Nichibros is overblown. It's a decent but enjoyable comedy that doesn't really have a lot to offer outside of a few good moments each episode. It isn't really surprising that people wouldn't want to own it.
I didn't realise that discussions of comedy would lead to such harsh words.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom