• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Meat is undoubtedly the best Haganai girl but ultimately she's still just there for otaku to be like "omg a girl that plays galge! fapfapfap". That show had a really imbalanced harem in terms of quality.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
You don't know how happy this makes me feel right now. ;_;

~Wiiiiiinnngssss of my heeeeaarrttt~
You're in for a treat. The dub is so spectacular.

My top 5 lines:

"What's that light!?"
"You certainly got sexy"
"Chriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssssss"
"Oh yeah it is"
"He is, a slimy serpent"
Opinions like this are the reason Anno sold out back then.
I've honestly never seen it. I've seen that one youtube video a million times, but that's just a fraction.
You are (not) alone.
No love for "DAMN YOU YAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTO!" or "HE'S HUMAN. HE'S ONLY HUMAN"
Not as bad as Snow Black Hime-senpai.
I need to know, is this sarcasm? I'm already drowning in all the Kawamori in Aquarion Evol (
Miiiix! Fuck this shit!
), is AKB that "interesting"?
It's a hobby akin to S&M.
Saint Seiya Omega 6

Oh GOD I hate tournament arcs. Just shut up and FIGHT already! And we don't even get any good animation this week :(

And of course
Kouga wins with one punch
. Yaaaaawn.
Toei's toeiness is showing up since they don't have that much stock footage to reuse.

Apollon 04

Might as well post about it since I still haven't been able to finish Hyouka 02. Its soooo sloooow. Maybe its just not for me. Really cute though. Maybe episode three gets better.

But anyway, Apollon. Not a whole lot seems to happen in this show, but there is an interesting love quadrangle forming and Richie is still being an emo crybaby. but now he knows about Sentaro's shitty childhood so he was able to suck it up and play some fucking awesome jazz. The Engrish in this episode is pretty laughable but at least they tried. While this show is pretty slow, I'm enjoying it.
You are the only person I've heard make that assertion about Kids on the Slope.

The English was easily understandable and wasn't mutilated, what are you talking about?
It was Brother Jun. the trumpet player. His english was clumsy. It wasn't Richie.
No, it wasn't.
Kids on the Slope is all about cutting corners.
You guys are making my brain hurt.
[Mysterious Girlfriend X] - 5

There wasn't really any time for anything new or interesting to happen this episode because it was largely devoted to boys trying to get a glimpse at girls bodies, thinking about girls bodies and fantasizing about seeing girls bodies. I suppose this makes it a dangerously accurate depiction of the mind of a teenage boy.

I feel like there's something rather unwholesome about Urabe getting a glimpse into her boyfriends mental state - surely he should be allowed to have some secrets? It seems to be something of an invasion of privacy.

Oh, and I suppose we also got a glimpse of sweat and tan fetishes this week. I am sure this will please many.
I think the depiction of virgin teenage lust (omg i wanna see my gf in her swimsuit) was not only accurate, but nostalgic.
Imagine how good Hyouka would be if it had some good old fashioned rape or murder.
I assume the first victim would be Oreki.
Yes, that's a car. Yes, it's 2D. Best Ufotable production of 2012. No contest.
You almost make me want to watch this.
see? Cars are not difficult to draw. I think companies just place more or less emphasis on them and that determines whether they go 3d or just hand draw it.
I don't think companies use 3D cars because they are easy or not to draw, but rather as "stock footage" of sorts. They possibly have a databank of available cars ready for use whenever, so they have less man-hours to pay for at the end.
It's not hard to locate the two biggest problems with Hyouka, neither of which have anything to do with the actual quality of the production:

Problem the first: The show appears to be about solving extremely mundane mysteries which have no inherent 'weight' to them - nothing that would make an audience care about how they are resolved.
I started enjoying the show as soon as I realised the focus was not the mystery-solving, aspect, yeah. It's very much a character piece about Oreki being put in stressful situations where he has to become the epicenter of attention.
Problem the second: Our protagonist isn't just boring by virtue of being a flat character, he's boring because that's his goal in life. Branduil, perhaps correctly, points out that this is the point of the show, but it still doesn't make watching the show any more tolerable.
This is a reasonable stance to take. I was totally in this camp before episode three, where his unwillingness to cooperate with others (and, you could say, actual disdain for his classmates) was taken down a notch for a more traditional shy archetype.
I'm not sure what sensation I should be feeling right now but I'm hopeful it doesn't have anything to do with my pants.
It sounds like you're being abused, and you like it.
You could diagnose the majority of the anime fandom with the same results.
Code Geass R2 8
[...]
Was this really necessary?
Are you asking for restraint? In Code Geass?
Code Geass R2 13
[...]
Brazil, we are truly free!
Code Geass R2 13

Oh, man. We're free! YEEES!
From the frying pan to the fire, I see.

Defuser

Speaking of Haganai, whoever bought the Blu-Ray/DVD are most likely pedos. It actually have that annoying nun running around naked uncensored.

Uchip

Banned
I guess more correctly she's insinuating that she's worthless outside of being ogglebait for the guys, but that's the general gist of it yeah.

eugh
reminds me of the kind of people that refer to them as "chesticles"
I don't like those people

cajunator

Banned
Never seen it
im just being needlessly inquisitive
because animu

Neither have I. And I wont put much thought into it when I watch it either. It seems like one of those dumb fun harem shows and I like those.
Once you've been down the road of Maburaho/Green Green/Girls Bravo, nothing is too shocking or terrible to watch.
Except Eiken. fuck Eiken.

Uta no Prince-sama Maji Love 1000% 02
vbDQM.gif

I'm guessing for most part it'll be an episode focused one guy.
But, damn, if anything this episode did nothing but made me warm up to Ittoki. It was a pretty good episode, I liked the song at the end, and at least the female lead isn't annoying.

And, another awesome Wakamoto moment:

survivor

Banned
Un-Go 11

Oh... wow, that was beautiful. Thank you Bones for this wonderful and fantastic ride. Best anime of 2011.

Season 2 when?

Madoka Magica Episode 8.

Well it seems this is finally where things seem to actually be happening. It really was filled with several wtf stuff. I really don't know what to think about this show. Can't say I like it, as I think except for maybe the end of episode 3 it's been pretty subtle in how dark it is, but Im sitting here waiting for the mind screws. Going in knowing this show is not what it seems is kind of puts you at a disadvantage I think. But it at least has my attention.

Joule

Natsuiro Kiseki 3+4: Episode 3 was pretty dull. The whole witches flying deal with Yuusuke was a little too overdone I think. More faux drama that wasn't really fun. What was okay though was Yuka and Rinko's time being stuck together. Need more of that.

Episode 4 seemed like it would be a Hanasaku Iroha episode with Yuka and her cousin who helps out at their inn. But he likes Saki instead and then with some rock wishing body swapping shenanigans where Saki <-> Yuka, Natsumi <-> Rinko. It goes off in a predictable route, with a date and realizations even! This was more fun because Yuka doing dumb things with Saki's body. Rinko in Natsumi's body was funny too. Natsumi herself had a pretty good moment when she imagined performing with the Four Season group and had some yuri fantasy about one of them too. An okay episode.
tU9kW.jpg

She does win some points with me for being normal.

Looking closer at this show than before, it really doesn't look too great as Jex has said. It does make a note to draw finger nails though. I think my enjoyment of the show really hinges on Yuka and Rinko doing fun things.
B0TrB.jpg

Looking kind of AKB right here.

Fairy Tail 95: Edolas arc end

ft-fapczuhx.gif

That's what this arc made me do. I thought it was only above average in the manga, but the presentation in the anime really made it great despite some minor grievances here and there. Even when the animation isn't always the best, the sheer awesomness of the music and voice acting pumps me up. Good stuff.

Wonder how they'll tackle the
S-class exam
arc.

Yami 2

I am so confused!

Is this hentai? Is this a spy drama? Is this a comedy?

Why did the boobs of the spy lady get larger each scene? Why does school girl have a sword?

Who's Keikaku is this?

Fairy Tail 95: Edolas arc end

ft-fapczuhx.gif

That's what this arc made me do. I thought it was only above average in the manga, but the presentation in the anime really made it great despite some minor grievances here and there. Even when the animation isn't always the best, the sheer awesomness of the music and voice acting pumps me up. Good stuff.

Wonder how they'll tackle the
S-class exam
arc.

I thought it was above average in the manga, but the presentation in the anime really made it decent despite some minor grievances here and there. Even when the animation isn't great, the sheer awesomness of the music and voice acting pumps me up. Good stuff.

=P

cajunator

Banned
Yami 2

I am so confused!

Why did the boobs of the spy lady get larger each scene? Why does school girl have a sword?

Who's Keikaku is this?

Itttttts YAMI!!!!!

That's all you need to know really. It's perfectly OK to be confused. They never bother to explain anything.

sleepykyo

Yami 2

I am so confused!

Who's Keikaku is this?

Between this and Touka Gettan, I feel like all the staff involved should just stick to making hentai.

Fairy Tail 96

Da fuck? Are they seriously implying
Faust may have been the Edolas counterpart of Makarov?
This anime seriously has some of the weirdest filler scenes I have ever seen in a long running shounen.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Un-Go Episode 0: Inga-ron

first of all, lol @
stubble Shinjuurou, Inga and Bettennou's statues, and Oono Myoushin being in the OP/ED of the show but not actually appearing in the series. I was confused as hell when the show ended and I still didn't know what any of these things were

While it doesn't make up for the series, this prequel film was sufficiently explanatory for a lot of basic background that was completely omitted from the show. Shinjuurou's past in particular was actually kind of interesting, as I hadn't taken him for someone so cynical and empty inside. He was never a ray of sunshine in the series, however being unable to trust anyone comes with the job of being a detective. Apparently his darkness extends pretty deeply.

Was it implied at the end that
Serada using Bettennou to fake the video of Shinjuurou's comrades being executed was the catalyst for the war?

And that Rinroku had plotted triggering a war from the moment that he learned of Bettennou's existence and put Serada up to it for reasons unexplained?

If so, this makes Rinroku one of the most formidable evil masterminds in anime history. Fucker basically seized the country for his own while sitting at his computer.

Furthermore, how the hell does Japan go to war against a third-world country and lose?

There are still a ton of loose ends, but this at least made me feel like watching the series wasn't entirely for nothing. Some of Un-Go's plot hax did bleed over into the film (
that was some Euphinator-level "fucked by a slight semantics issue" scenario that got Serada killed
), but for the most part it remained pretty coherent.

wonzo

Banned
Between this and Touka Gettan, I feel like all the staff involved should just stick to making hentai.
Hmmm
Wikipedia said:
T&#333;ka Gettan (&#26691;&#33775;&#26376;&#24986;) is a Japanese adult visual novel developed by Root, and published by Orbit, also known for the creation of the Yami to B&#333;shi to Hon no Tabibito visual novel.

The T&#333;ka Gettan anime series first aired in Japan on April 3, 2007, and contains twenty-six episodes. The series aired backwards chronologically with episode one being the last episode and episode twenty-six being the first in the story's internal timeline. Chronologically, episodes twenty-six is first, then twenty-four through episode one, and episode twenty-five is last. The animation is done by Studio Deen.
Well, I know what I'm watching after I can bring myself to finish Strawberry Panic and Kannazuki no Miko.

Uta no Prince-sama Maji Love 1000% 03
Baking a cake is part of being an idol?
Decent episode. Female protag has to get over her fears of being hated or suspected or something. The focus on idol of the day wasn't that much compared to the last, but he sang so I guess that counts? I did enjoy the whole baking a cake segment.

Makoto

Kanon (2006) Episode 03:
http://i.imgur.com/NaU27l.jpg[IMG]
Boy do I love it when the Key protags pick on the girls.[/QUOTE]
There aren't many harem MCs quite like Yuichi, are there? Though he fits into the archetype of island-hopping/helping from one girl to the next, he's not afraid of "teh females."

I recall in one episode [spoiler]Nayuki wanted to take a bath with Ayu and Yuichi was all excited as he thought he would be able to join them as well, then Nayuki had to shoot him down[/spoiler]. You just don't get those types of dudes these days in harems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom