• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Don't forget Azumanga Daioh and Nodame Cantibile.
Or Aoi Hana!

I didn't realise that discussions of comedy would lead to such harsh words.
Nichibros is serious business

How can you all be forgetting about

GARZEY'S WING

Wings of my heart~
Black Lion's a close second.

One could say there's nothing funny about Nyaruko-san.
clap.gif

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Powerpuff girls is by far the greatest magical girl show ever and anime counter part like sailor moon,cardcaptor sakura,precure and all the other anime magical girl shows are diarrhea by comparison.

Japan should be ashamed of that fact.
Can one person really be this wrong?

Cwarrior

I'm afraid there's a lot of evidence. This is one video.
There are many.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj-j8dmHB6U

However, I am still very much a fan of her stuff.

Am absolutely shocked at the amount of evidence gathered here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wait are some posters trying to imply there's magical girl anime better then power puff girls?

Defuser

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san ep5
I chuckle at the delorean showing up. Although OP song is catchy and a earworm but I prefer the ED song,it's better.

XiuJ7.jpg

Goddamn, this show should be illegal.

Speaking of comedy, why the hell don't you guys watch Galaxy Angel? :(

It wasn't funny imo, just cute.

cajunator

Banned
Am absolutely shocked at the amount of evidence gathered here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wait are some posters trying to imply there's magical girl anime better then power puff girls?

Uhh.. Yes. Like The ones you mentioned for a start.
Powerfpuff girls is stupid cute fun but its nowhere near as good as the best of the anime magical girl series.

sonicmj1

I seem to recall them working on this certain show. not sure if you guys have heard of it. Revolutionary girl Utena. Its probably really horrible.

It's just as you suspected!

Revolutionary Girl Utena 8

axkVl.jpg

Our episode is a minute too short! Let's find some stock footage we can play!

What a wacky predicament! Our heroes have had
their bodies switched!
Isn't it amusing seeing the consequences of such trickery?

No.
Okay, it was a little bit amusing.

And only one person is to blame.

fMoXu.jpg

At least she takes responsibility for ruining this episode.

Fortunately, she gets her karmic comeuppance.

YEbTQ.jpg

The only parts of this episode that I enjoyed.

I'm sure the rest of the series is exactly like this episode, so I'm never going to watch Utena again. Especially the next episode. I'm sure that preview is lying to me.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

their bodies switched!

No.

I'm sure the rest of the series is exactly like this episode, so I'm never going to watch Utena again. Especially the next episode. I'm sure that preview is lying to me.

I'm glad you've seen Utena for what it truly is, now you can go watch something good like Angel Beats.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
People saying that Nyaruko is funnier than Nichibros? smh. I'm just going to stay up all night from now on so that no one can get away with this.

wonzo

Banned
nanami episodes are the best episodes!
Sorry. I love both, but general consensus here and twitter and KS-GAF etc is they like this one.

Guess it just means I'll have to find one in the future that's better than both.
dont mess with perfection

People saying that Nyaruko is funnier than Nichibros? smh. I'm just going to stay up all night from now on so that no one can get away with this.
it's a disgrace i tells ya

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
To be fair, it's understandable why some people don't like Nanami. She is a massive bitch, after all. It's not as bad as Chibiusa where everyone in the western world hates her because she's a child.

Defuser

Yeah I can't fathom that either. Nyaruko has too many references that can be missed easily whereas Nichibros doesn't rely much on it and uses gags that people can relate to easily.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Yeah I can't fathom that either. Nyaruko has too many references that can be missed easily whereas Nichibros doesn't rely much on it and uses gags that people can relate to easily.

Unfortunately, way too many of the gags in Nichibros are just plain bad and unfunny.

I think I'm just going to relegate you to Precure Bro status now. :(

Madoka Magica-9

Well I mean i guess this was the natural progression of things, but damn did not expect it to all go that way. The show is really getting good.

Madoka Magica-10

Holy shit! This episode really seals the deal.

flawfuls

their bodies switched!

No.

Amazingly enough they somehow did this part in the manga without Nanami.

NeonZ

Unfortunately, way too many of the gags in Nichibros are just plain bad and unfunny.

And Nyaruko randomly mentioning names from various series could even be considered "humor"?

Daily Lives had some misses, but when it hit the right notes it was just hilarious, while Nyaruko at its best is amusing due to its audacity at times (like when she used Kamen Rider Decade's finalform ride ability in episode 3) but at worst you've got moments which are just a string of name drops without any actual attempt at humor (the Decade/Diend cake from the same episode).

madp

The Light of El Cantare

It's not even the references. References can be funny; Hayate no Gotoku is one of my favorite anime comedies, for instance, but it was also able to back the references up with genuinely funny material. The Lovecraft thing is just the hook to differentiate Nyaruko from every other show of its kind. From what I watched of the show, I simply found that beyond its exterior it employed on a lot of the same humor that every show in its genre employs with an over-reliance "omg a moe girl is doing that?" Comedy is personal, but I prefer a different kind of absurdity to.......whatever it is that Nyaruko is doing.

I think I'm just going to relegate you to Precure Bro status now. :(

Wait, you're just now realizing that we agree on virtually nothing? That's no reason not to be bros, though!

jman2050

Powerpuff Girls is as much Magical Girl as Dexter's Lab is Steins;Gate.

Also Nyaruko is a slightly less perverted TLR drugged up on copious amounts of Excel Saga. This is not even remotely a bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom