• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I enjoy Nyaruko for what it is, but I think the fans antagonizing Nichibros here are actually hampering my positive opinion on the show.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Don't worry. BONES will make more shows. :D

I see you've already written off E7AO's quality as an anomaly, hahahah.

Powerpuff Girls is as much Magical Girl as Dexter's Lab is Steins;Gate.

How long until someone tries to bring Panty and Stocking into this argument and fucks everything up?

I enjoy Nyaruko for what it is, but I think the fans antagonizing Nichibros here are actually hampering my positive opinion on the show.

Otaku tribalism :( Can't feel good enough extolling the virtues of something you like so you have to tear something down in the same breath.

Serious

I'm kind of amused at the recent Nanoha reference. I randomly decided two nights ago to try out Nanoha. Not sure why, probably because I remember seeing it everywhere on Tvtropes, and because I've never really seen a magical girl show before. I'm now 2 episodes into StrikerS. I can't really say why I've been liking it so much, but I'll be damned if I can't stop watching.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
You too can grow up to be an otaku fetish vehicle with less personality than Azusa.

Such bitterness. I hope you'll at least give everyone the pleasure of some detailed impressions from your RKB marathon.

What?

Tired of fighting Nyarkobros?

Also, you're wrong. But you knew that already.

I think that ultimately there'll be fewer hurt feelings if we turn this from a two-way fight to an all-out barroom brawl, so I'll begin with something.

Even if I was interested in watching Nichijou, I feel like I never actually need to watch it because I've seen the entire show in gif form already ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ultimadrago

I think that ultimately there'll be fewer hurt feelings if we turn this from a two-way fight to an all-out barroom brawl, so I'll begin with something.

Even if I was interested in watching Nichijou, I feel like I never actually need to watch it because I've seen the entire show in gif form already ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's fine. I have enough Nichijou Bros, I don't need no mo'.

As for Nichibros critique, dimb already covered my thoughts (in a more positive connotation.)

Real talk: the quality of Nichibros is overblown. It's a decent but enjoyable comedy that doesn't really have a lot to offer outside of a few good moments each [every few*] episode(s*). It isn't really surprising that people wouldn't want to own it.
*edits done by me*

And I'm sure he likes it more than I do.

Edit: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kagami

And Nyaruko randomly mentioning names from various series could even be considered "humor"?

Nyaruko at its best is amusing due to its audacity at times (like when she used Kamen Rider Decade's finalform ride ability in episode 3) but at worst you've got moments which are just a string of name drops without any actual attempt at humor.
Yeah, that's my impression of Nyaruko as well. Actual parody is one thing, but just plain name-dropping/referencing doesn't do much for me.
I didn't find Nichibros all that funny either though.

Firemind

Nichibros is consistently more funny. Nichijou is prettier to look at and has one of the most dynamic friendships I've seen in anime. Yuuko and Mio BFF.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
That's fine. I have enough Nichijou Bros, I don't need no mo'.

As for Nichibros critique, dimb already covered my thoughts (in a more positive connotation.)

*edits done by me*

And I'm sure he likes it more than I do.

Edit: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I ain't even mad, though I don't really think that you can make an analogous comparison between Nichijou and Nichibros just because they both have Nichijou in the title. After all, one is a comedy, the other is in the "girls exaggeratedly overreacting to things" genre.

It's a insult to Nyaruko for using Family guy to reference.

This much, at least, is true.

mpc-hc2012-05-0817-23efd8q.jpg

Borebros (left) or Nyaruko (right)

what a simple choice

jman2050

As a lover of both Nyaruko and Nichibros, this current conversation makes me sad.

Needs more talk on how both are better than Nichibomba.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I'm with you! A Nichibro always pays his debts!

Japan would not pay the Gold Price for Nichibros, so we'll make our foes pay the Iron Price as atonement.

I don't know what you're talking about. Un-Go is the "best mystery anime of the fall 2011 season" according to our own survivor! :)

You really need to change his name, he didn't survive anything if that's the case :(

Firemind

I ain't even mad, though I don't really think that you can make an analogous comparison between Nichijou and Nichibros just because they both have Nichijou in the title. After all, one is a comedy, the other is in the "girls exaggeratedly overreacting to things" genre.

I'm pretty sure they're both gag comedies with an obvious trolling theme.

duckroll

So regarding Saint Seiya Omega ep7-10:

- Looks like the tournament crap ends by the end of ep7, and it's going to be a sort of cop out. Lulz.

- Ep8 is directed and storyboarded by Yukio Kaizawa, a Toei Digimon veteran. The AD is Akihiro Asanuma, another Digimon veteran.

- It looks like the Mars shit finally comes back into play in
ep9, with Ken Ootsuka storyboarding that episode.

- No more synopsis after ep9, but ep10 should be an important episode with Rie Matsumoto directing and storyboarding, while Umakoshi himself is AD once again.

Ultimadrago

Maaayne,

Nichibros itself proved that it was better when it had (crazy ass) girls taking the lead with stunts:

Instead of

what the show is named after.

As someone would say, "Missed opportunity."

Should have switched screen time making Funky Girls the show and High School Boys, the mini-short!

duckroll

This is rather relevant to my interests. I had already heard the rumours that he'd left Madhouse, but I guess this confirms it.

Also, this isn't the kind of material I expected Nakamura to be working with, but I guess making end's meat is important and he can't spend his time working on esoteric weird stuff that presumably makes no money.

I just got an update. The Nerawareta Gakuen project is a theatrical movie.

Firemind

My post had an obvious trolling theme!

You may be overestimating how serious we're all actually taking this "argument".

Your trolling could use more work. I didn't even find Nichijou all that funny. The Professor trio ruined it for the most part. It's like they didn't know whether they wanted it to be a moe comedy (Lucky Star) or an actual comedy (Fumoffu), which is probably why it got promoted to bomba status. Better luck next time, KyoAni.

survivor

Banned
Un-Go Episode 0 Inga-ron

I have searched for a long time for that one perfect anime. I kept searching all these years even though everyone laughed at me and thought I was a fool. It was a painful journey filled with lies and treachery by people who don't understand anime. But thanks to Un-Go, I have found the ultimate truth. I have found my salvation.

This prequel has answered all my questions.
Who is this hobo guy you see in the OP, how did Yuuki meet Inga, why did the war start, why is Bettenou so broken, why is Rinroku such a dickhead and it did all of this in a coherent understandable plot. What an amazing feast.

Thank you Bones and let's hope you guys get started on the second season as soon as possible. Now time to move on to Gosick, hope it lives off to my high expectations.

Firemind

Maaayne,

Nichibros itself proved that it was better when it had (crazy ass) girls doing taking the lead with stunts:

Instead of

Should have switched screen time making Funky Girls the show and High School Boys, the mini-short!

This is a good example of how to troll.

Ultimadrago

As a lover of both Nyaruko and Nichisuperbombabros, this current conversation makes me sad.

Needs more talk on how neither are better than Nichijou.

Man, jman, you're alright! (with some sabotage here and there).

Better luck next time, KyoAni.

Supposedly, Hyouka is doing well with pre-orders. Seems like they may have struck their luck...freakin' Eru's eeeevil eyes sending subliminal purchase messages!

Thank you Bones and let's hope you guys get started on the second season as soon as possible. Now time to move on to Gosick, hope it lives off to my high expectations now.

Haha!
With a "high" reaction like that. You should've saved Gosick's more erm..."somber" take for last!

Maybe I should give Un-Go a look-see...

cajunator

Banned
Maaayne,

Nichibros itself proved that it was better when it had (crazy ass) girls taking the lead with stunts:

Instead of

Actually...yes. This would have made it better.

survivor

Banned
Haha!
With a "high" reaction like that. You should've saved Gosick's more erm..."somber" take for last!

Maybe I should give Un-Go a look-see...

You should. If you are a fan of anime that question the meaning of life and asks you to look at yourself and evaluate your life, the you will enjoy Un-Go. There is also this mystery part of it but it's not really important.

cajunator

Banned
You should. If you are a fan of anime that question the meaning of life and asks you to look at yourself and evaluate your life, the you will enjoy Un-Go. There is also this mystery part of it but it's not really important.

Saikano can also make you ask yourself this, but it contains more death, despair, and projectile blood vomiting.

jman2050

Supposedly, Hyouka is doing well with pre-orders. Seems like they may have struck their luck...freakin' Eru's eeeevil eyes sending subliminal purchase messages!

Last I checked it was doing decently. Not otherworldly by any stretch but will probably not nichibomba.

Actually the worst thing that can happen is if it performs solid but not spectaular, since that means neither KyoAni fanboys nor haters will have any troll ammo. Everyone loses in that scenario.

Then again, there's the K-On movie coming out around the same time, so perhaps I speak too soon.

Hela

Something really bothers me about the way the characters are drawn in Kids on the Slope and I can't but my finger on it. It's almost as if they were made by a separate team - they lack in detail in comparison to everything else and their moves and shading make it seem to me like they are computer animated, rather than being hand drawn, but maybe it's just me.
Anyway, it's a very enjoyable show nonetheless.

Firemind

Something really bothers me about the way the characters are drawn in Kids on the Slope and I can't but my finger on it. It's almost as if they were made by a separate team - they lack in detail in comparison to everything else and their moves and shading make it seem to me like they are computer animated, rather than being hand drawn, but maybe it's just me.
Anyway, it's a very enjoyable show nonetheless.

I'm guessing the reason the characters are drawn this way is because it makes the rotoscoping techniques used in the jamming sessions seem less jarring. If you've seen Nodame Cantabile, especially season 2 and 3, you probably noticed the computer models during the music performances. It's more fluid and substantially less work than hand drawing them when the budget doesn't allow for it (especially when the music budget also consists of hiring and recording a live orchestra), but it is very noticeable.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
It has a few nice jokes, but...

@bold: *scratches head*

Blame Envelope. Always the first to dish!

Please don't spout bullshit like that, here's how the original exchange went:

Comedy gag genre is dead.
This was about Nichibro's sales
Considering that Nyaruko looks to be one of the best selling shows this season, that's not really true.

Although admittedly its gags are a lot different than Nichibros' were.

My Reply. Nowhere do I put down Nichibros in any way.

yeah, the gags in nichibros were actually funny

And here's the real instigator.

Who cares, they both suck.

edit: Envelope is correct. Say what you will about his various questionable opinions, but wonzo basically came out of nowhere and kicked Nyaruko in the junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom