• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So Many Bear Cafes:

FnSV5l.png

I'd like to think that this is a Mass Effect 2 reference. The animu is basically Panda being derpy, yet I'm okay with that.

Also, Tsuritama > Apollon (since I'm the only one keeping track of such things). Although I'm glad we got out of the high school love line stuff and moved toward some interesting character development. It also goes to show that not all Tokyo arcs have to suck!

I very much love Tsuritama though. Yuki trying his best + that super happy theme = smile on my face. They also go out of their way to show that
Koko is the fish
, although I have no idea what the end game for that might be. The fact that Naru says his home is
cold
kind of confirms what people have discussed pages ago though.

Scryed 1
tumblr_m3u3sztMTn1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Anime is actually pretty cool for the time. It feels like the character designs were inspired by Gundam Seed, Ryuho, I believe feels like a relative to Athrun, for example. Kazumu is the typical red haird hot blooded silly protagonist so Ill definitely enjoy the rest of the episodes. And Alter is pretty cool power, I guess he become Alter? Gorgeous in true hd glory and the eng dub is not bad at all, reckless fire.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Scryed 1
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3u3sztMTn1qbxqfpo1_500.png
Anime is actually pretty cool for the time. It feels like the character designs were inspired by Gundam Seed, Ryuho, I believe feels like a relative to Athrun, for example. Kazumu is the typical red haird hot blooded silly protagonist so Ill definitely enjoy the rest of the episodes. And Alter is pretty cool power, I guess he become Alter? Gorgeous in true hd glory and the eng dub is not bad at all, reckless fire.

Gundam SEED and s-CRY-ed both had Hirai Hisashi as their character designer.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Code Geass R2 23

Well, guess I should update StarCraft II right now so I can play it right after I'm done here.

But what a predicament, huh, Ledouche?
Not only your old "allies" turned their backs against you... Now they actually turned around on the other side of the pitch and are facing you. And it's sad. They went from being pawns under the influence of Geass to being pawns under the influence of non-Geass. They're actually compelled to stay by Schneizel's side now simply because he isn't controlling them with some otherworldly power. But they're still just pawns.

Just like Nunnally, who's just as clueless as ever. No one treats the blind, fragile girl with respect. But, damn - actually giving her the nuke control button that could potentially kill her brother and childhood friend and having her press it...

The "showing everyone" roll was in this episode? Huh. I see they've taken the precautions to guarantee the right to kill anyone they want in the last two.

OTP.

And who would've thought Kallen would also find someone?

Ultimadrago

Code Geass R2 23

SVykI.jpg

Onward Ledouchians!

As expected
Nunally
being in the hands of the enemy has been conflicting for Ledocuhe.

Nina's stupid racism has
caused yet more lives to be extinguished.
Thanks a lot, you dumb piece of crap.
Cornelia
is no longer sided with Schneizel because only nooow she sees him as another power hungry maniac.

D-Tard! Again choosing the most
seemingly batshit insane side.

Also, more mech battlesssssssss! Schneizel and Ledouche are pretty much playing a Real-Time strategy videogame...with more graphics than usual!

Extra Note: Fanciest
World Nuke Button
ever!

My thoughts? The final stretch seems to be setting itself up decently (in Geass terms!). Not quite on the edge of my seat as I wanted to be, but I'm still interested to see how this pulls out in the end with more Pizza Hut and keikaku to boot.

Articalys

Sket Dance 57

Good adaptation of this story.
Well, like Switch said before, their connection isn't something easy to explain -- though
it sure as hell didn't stop them from unconsciously describing each other as the types they like. The scene in the park was also way funnier to see animated as proof that they were mentally filtering each other out as a possibility for their e-pals, even to the point of incredulity, until it was shoved in their faces.
And once again they gave Saaya a minor role in things when she hadn't even been introduced yet at this point in the manga. Just a bit longer now...

Next week seems to be another set of gag episodes, one for Chuu-sensei and one for Switch's wacky inventions.

Eden of the East 01
Here's a penis joke.
So, new series start! And, gotta say that was a wacky first episode. There are so many different things being talked about and introduced yet it I wanted it to keep going so I could get the answer for them.
Otherwise, the show looks great. The English sounds like actual English, it was a bit confusing for the Japanese characters to answer back in Japanese and they somehow understand them.
But, look at that ED. It's even an awesome ED song from School Food Punishment and it looks amazing~

Eden of the East 01

Here's a penis joke.
So, new series start! And, gotta say that was a wacky first episode. There are so many different things being talked about and introduced yet it I wanted it to keep going so I could get the answer for them.
Otherwise, the show looks great. The English sounds like actual English, it was a bit confusing for the Japanese characters to answer back in Japanese and they somehow understand them.
But, look at that ED. It's even an awesome ED song from School Food Punishment and it looks amazing~

Just wait until their song for the movies. I need to revisit this anime, ought to buy it in the event funimation takes the dub off the elite streaming thing :/

cajunator

Banned
Eden of the East 01

Here's a penis joke.

Its a good show and entertaining, but it kind of loses the plot towards the end.
Still worth a watch.

I will admit that I have not watched any other Lupin material, including Cagliostro. Except for this, I guess.

From everything I've heard and seen, I can tell that this show is a lot heavier and more psychological than Lupin tends to be. I can enjoy well-done caper stuff too (from this series, episode 1 feels closest to what I expect classic Lupin to be, and that's still my favorite so far). But I'm liking the show a lot on its own merits, and it's been interesting watching its messed-up take on all the franchise's characters.

Yeah, you're pretty much spot on.

Thanks for getting back to me, it's interesting to know. I seem to think most people who are really enjoying the series (even up to episode six) are new (ish) to the franchise. This backs it up a little. There's nothing wrong with it though; it makes more sense actually. I'd advise giving Cagliostro and Secret of Mamo a go if you like this. I'd probably recommend watching the Green Jacket series a watch before the Red, too (if you ever decide to get into it.)

One Outs 7

It's weird to see a baseball team owner so determined to run his team into the ground simply to spite one player on it. Of course, Toua was too good to succumb to that.

Classic.
Although Toua being the only person on any of the teams to be aware of the weather forecast is a little implausible. But whatever!

Dresden

Apples wouldn't be bad. Basically the same idea as the ever popular hawaiian pizza.

e: maybe like, barbecue sauce + provolone cheese + apple bits / chicken

madp

The Light of El Cantare
No tomato sauce = not a pizza. Dessert pizza is the food of the gods and that pretentious turkey apple pizza that duckroll posted even looks kind of good, but they're not actually pizzas.

No lie, main girl looks very huggable.

Everyone hugs her!

Eden of the East 02
I am liking the interaction between the two main leads.
Oh boy, interesting things are going on. This whole shadowy organization is pretty cool.
Juiz and her extreme efficiency is downright amazing.
But even that, it still looks amazing and has nice touches at every scene. The new or real OP is pretty nice too.

Everyone hugs her!

Eden of the East 02

I am liking the interaction between the two main leads.
Oh boy, interesting things are going on. This whole shadowy organization is pretty cool.
Juiz and her extreme efficiency is downright amazing.
But even that, it still looks amazing and has nice touches at every scene. The new or real OP is pretty nice too.

Juiz has the best voice by a human female in all of funimations anime.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
One Outs 7

It's weird to see a baseball team owner so determined to run his team into the ground simply to spite one player on it.

He's like the Carl Pohlad of baseball anime. Only Pohlad sold the Twins to the offices of Major League Baseball in an attempt to get the whole team contracted into the ground (eventually the courts blocked this one from happening). I'm surprised One Outs never took that route! (maybe it did in the manga dunno, it'd definitely be a fun arc)

wonzo

Banned
tsuritama 5

Man, this show owns so much. It's really charming to watch Yuki evolve as a character and hopefully they'll start to flesh out Akira
and his master Tapioca!!
some more in the next episode.

ENOSHIMA BOWL!

No tomato sauce = not a pizza. Dessert pizza is the food of the gods and that pretentious turkey apple pizza that duckroll posted even looks kind of good, but they're not actually pizzas.
all pizza's are created equal!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Dragonball Z 11

This episode had some pretty good animation in the first half at least. But jeez, the people tasked to do the original writing and character design (it was a filler ep, apparently) must've been trolling, bored, on drugs, or angry. I mean, giant bug people? The ending is hilarious.
It's one of the few DBZ episodes I remember from beginning to end because it wasn't a beamspam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom