• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Instro

Tsuritama 5

iHv29zpmTNCGN.jpg

Best anime sunflowers I have ever seen. So nice and detailed. This was a very pretty episode, but I liked that shot in particular. Really enjoyed the character development this week. Yuki progressed a lot, so I ma looking forward to how everyone else moves along and how their relationships will grow. I'm really impressed with how well the cast interacts with each other, there's a very good chemistry between them overall and it works well with the lighthearted nature of the show.

Great episode this week.

Solune

Accel World 5:

The fight between Haru and Taku was okay I guess. Not so much fighting than just Taku building meter by taking jab jab jab chain combos from Haru and then super punishing. And it ends off with a trade super from both in Haru's favour. The beginning of it was alright with some exchanges. I wish it was a more involved battle but at least it ended in quick fashion without dragging its feet too much. Haru suddenly getting his power up after crying on senpai's virutal chest. Yeah. Oh also the first ever flying avatar. Golly.

The pre-fight popoff was pretty good from Taku though. "I bet you enjoyed touching Chiyu while thinking about me!" Damn. Haru's could of been better. So generic. Of course despite all that they settle their differences by fightan and decide that they're equals because one of them is better in the real world and the other the virtual one. Somehow their fight also wakes up kuroyuki. So much for a coma. She also shows off her avatar form which looks pretty cool I guess. Declaring war on everybody officially was good too. If nothing else this series is at least moving at a fairly brisk pace. I hope the later fights are move involved. Funny that we get cut off right when she tells Haru her name. The author insert character: so bad, so good.

The music continues to be pretty good. The two mintjam pieces this episode were hype. I'm beginning to wonder if Onoken and mintjam are collabing on some pieces. There was one sequence which I think was a Onoken - > mintjam transition which was so sick. I'm also curious as to which tracks Hiroyuki Oshima has done. The tune when Haru was crying on Kuroyuki I like but it doesn't seem to fit too well with the scene. It reminded me of Breath of Fire 2's Memories. Gives me the same kind of feeling. I wish that I could mute the VA and sound effects and just listen to the music sometimes.
Damnit Joule. This entire post was like a magnet to me. You could say it was like an Attraction mixup into Hyper Grav loop on me.
look at dem seifuku puppies

TC9Xe.png

Now I can't stop looking

Jacob

That was the denial phase for all the fans at the time. so funny when people started making up bs about how there would be an epilogue with the last dvd.

The meltdowns when the writer stepped in to say no,
Lelouch really is dead
were both worrying and amusing as well.

Ultimadrago

Fans couldn't handle it. I think some still debate it and people were even analyzing stuff like the wood grain on the cart and the body type of who C.C. was talking to. Shit was crazy.

Man, that sounds like madness and fun. Wish I could have been there.

kids on the slope 5

My Yaoi senses are tingling all over this eps.

Awwww such an adorable eps.

just adorable.

In a warmhearted way.

Needed more music playing though ;)

I'm still of the opinion that
C.C. was "talking to" Lelouch at the end in the same way that she was "talking to" Marianne throughout the series, even if it doesn't entirely make sense.

The end of Code Geass R2 definitely left me needing a lot of time to take it all in.

For me, what really left a lasting impression on was reading up on the show post-ending. In the middle of my Geass addiction, stuff like this made me ponder:
Kallen's character poem in the Code Geass DVD reveals that
she had fallen in love with Lelouch through her devotion to him and that if he had told her that he loves her, even if it was a lie, during their scene together at turn 22 where she asked him what she meant to him and why he told her to live on previously, she would have "followed him to hell". Knowing that she would do precisely that was the reason Lelouch remained silent, as he wanted Kallen to live on.

Unless they watch Utena again.
I've watched Penguindrum and Code Geass, but man I really need to watch Utena and complete the trifecta to truly make everything fabulous max.

cajunator

Banned
For me, what really left a lasting impression on was reading up on the show post-ending. In the middle of my Geass addiction, stuff like this made me ponder:

I've watched Penguindrum and Code Geass, but man I really need to watch Utena and complete the trifecta to truly make everything fabulous max.

Yes, you really do. If you must watch anything, make it Utena.

cajunator

Banned
Now you guys can understand why I buy everything. Its like an addict searching for a high. The problem is I may never experience such a high again.
But I'll damn well try.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Animage has announced the results of their 34th annual Anime Grand Prix, voted on by their readers: a clean sweep by Inazuma Eleven. You've got to love those fujoshi.

It's the beginning of the end for shows about cute girls. Everyone, prepare to welcome your cute boy overlords.

edit: this is a dude?

VIVQM.jpg

I knew I had Inazuma Eleven on my booru blacklists for a reason.

sleepykyo

Man, I remember people going over those last frames trying to prove this or that. That was glorious. That said I refuse too.

I believe.

9EXHw.jpg

Isn't the VA for Horo the same as Kallen though? Though Horo is probably closer to CC than Kallen. A superior version of CC. Yeah, yeah it's spelled Holo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom