• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rokyuubu 1
http://i.imgur.com/jS8sO.jpg

This show is thoroughly offensive on multiple levels. Only one of which is the disturbingly misogynistic effort involved in taking a story about a girl's sports team and twisting it into something that panders to lolicon otaku. The characters themselves aren't worth mentioning because none of them have any real personality, will, or even life of their own at all. It's transparently obvious that they're just shallow tools to be moe/cute/whatever for the viewer. The protagonist is your typical dull male, and the plot is just there as a pretense. "Yay, we get to see girls exert themselves but we don't actually give a damn about any struggle or conflict they may have, we just need to get our fix." It's not as if the sport of basketball itself is presented as anything remotely interesting either, because apparently just making a field goal is enough to draw awe from our coach.

In all honestly, this is the kind of show that makes me wish the military would kick down doors, put black bags over faces, and drag otaku to undisclosed locations to never be seen again, but only after publicly executing the people behind these shows.
If I wasn't opposed to the death penalty, I think I would probably be agreeing with you entirely... as it is, how about everything short of that, sure?

wonzo

Banned
Young Animator Training Project 2011 - Wasurenagumo

wasurenagumo.jpg

This was sakuga as hell but that fucking ending..........

Solune

People might be interested in knowing that the soundtrack for the upcoming summer anime Chouyaku Hyakunin Isshu: Uta Koi (josei historical romance giving a "super-liberal interpretation" of the 100 poems of karuta) will be composed by Maki Kirioka (Zone of the Enders) and Yasunori Mitsuda.

Watch Mitsuda do the ending theme and that's it.

I dont like that particular show, but when the great otaku purging comes I'm rather screwed.
Nah, buying the Fate/Zero boxset earned you the protection of Aniplex USA's PMC. Oh wait, maybe that is only for people who bought all of their releases. :(
Watch Mitsuda do the ending theme and that's it.
That alone will be enough justification for him to further put off the Chrono Cross arrange album. :(

Forget Avatar; the real goldmines for faux-anime girls are Teen Titans and Totally Spies.

I liked Teen Titans quite a bit... good show. It was too bad when it was cancelled. That movie was kind of average too... oh well. But yeah, it was good! The GC(/PS2/Xbox) game was okay fun too.

As for Totally Spies, I remember that one being alright to good. Not quite as good as Teen Titans, but fun.

Team Raven forever
Agreed. Best character.

I dont like that particular show, but when the great otaku purging comes I'm rather screwed.

Hah... as for myself though, I pretty much I go back and forth between liking and hating Japan, depending on the case... they deserve plenty of both, that's for sure.

cajunator

Banned
Nah, buying the Fate/Zero boxset earned you the protection of Aniplex USA's PMC. Oh wait, maybe that is only for people who bought all of their releases. :(

That alone will be enough justification for him to further put off the Chrono Cross arrange album. :(

True. I have no interest in Kara no Kyoukai. I bought almost all their other shit though.

Genocyber end

Yeah, I really have no clue what happened here. The fact I watched this while struggling to stay awake didn't really help. Bad call on my part.

For the supposed "goriest anime of all time", this was kind of disappointing. Wasn't as graphic as I was expecting. That probably says a lot about me when a guy with his stomach ripped wide open and his entrails leaking everywhere isn't "gorey enough".

But seriously, the story was dumb and needed context. It was like a Saikano that made little sense. Pretty underwhelming.

Thoraxes

Sankarea - 06

I primarily watch this show for Wanko, and I have not been disappointed. She's filling the void ever since Kanna left last season.

MiG37.jpg

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Young Animator Training Project 2011 - Wasurenagumo

I guess that confirms that Buta was a stand-alone episode with a "to be continued" ending mainly as a stylistic nod to serial fiction.

Which is too bad, because I'd probably watch that series. Basically, a family friendly version of Stranger, but with a hot furry fox lady.

Wasurenagumo

Wow, no kidding. Many aspects of this were well-done, but I don't think the story gelled as a whole.
The cute, humorous aspects may have been intended to make the ultimate conclusion of this dark modern fairy tale that much more chilling, but the two tones didn't fit together.

It did amuse me to see that Production I.G. beat KyoAni to the punch with those eyes:

I guess that confirms that Buta was a stand-alone episode with a "to be continued" ending mainly as a stylistic nod to serial fiction.

Which is too bad, because I'd probably watch that series. Basically, a family friendly version of Stranger, but with a hot furry fox lady.

Uh no, the Young Animator Training Projects are four separate projects done at four separate studios, which were all released at the same time. There may or may not be more Buta, but what the other studios did on their projects has nothing to do with that.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Uh no, the Young Animator Training Projects are four separate projects done at four separate studios, which were all released at the same time. There may or may not be more Buta, but what the other studios did on their projects has nothing to do with that.
Yeah, I know. I just remember someone wondering if the other episodes would be more Buta episodes because it ended with "To be continued".

I suspected that it was simply a stylistic nod and nothing more, but didn't really go out of my way to confirm or deny that suspicion by looking at the other projects.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Wasurenagumo
C7dF9.jpg

I...what? The stuff where they're running around the house at the end is really just stunning.
The way stuff played out could feel fairly predictable at times, so the subversion of that near the end was probably more effective.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I thought she was a cat?
A cat is fine too.
Same difference!

Moe corpses are proof that anything can be moeified.

If you think about it, scarves are pretty :firehawk
Dude is pretty fucked up that he'd pick a corpse over the obvious cousincest.
Why are mufflers :firehawk?!

They're wearing shorts under the dresses!
Airi's fully clothed!

I found a shot of Hitokage from when he appeared on Japanese TV:
http://i.imgur.com/hHtOS.jpg
Heh. Post-it notes as censorship bars... that's new.

Solune

Dude is pretty fucked up that he'd pick a corpse over the obvious cousincest.
Why are mufflers :firehawk?!

Well his classmates seem to agree that he's not normal!
---
FwwZ1.jpg

It's like the fabric is both resisting the sadness of the passing moment, but flows freely as it accepts the fleeting moment.

No I'm just kidding. They just look cool blowing in the wind like cherry blossoms.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Well his classmates seem to agree that he's not normal!
---
FwwZ1.jpg

It's like the fabric is both resisting the sadness of the passing moment, but flows freely as it accepts the fleeting moment.

No I'm just kidding. They just look cool blowing in the wind like cherry blossoms.

Thank you for gracing us with the greatest interpretation of mufflers and scarves ever.

Steroyd

Sanakarea - 06

Next episode is called childhood friend, thisgunnabegood.gif

Ginga e kickoff - 05

Kyouko is awesome.

cD2gR.jpg

RMsI6.jpg

Shou needs to step up because someone has already surpassed him.

JtT1Y.gif

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Sankarea 06:

Wanko is best ko. :3 So cute. Next episode seems to be about her too, so even better. ^^ Though the bit at the very end of the episode with Rea made me say
"Nooooo she's craving blooooooooooooood!"

wonzo

Banned
Hyouka 2

I have to admit that I'm actually somewhat fond of the rather trivial nature of the mysteries. I can see the format getting old though but KyoAni's fantastic production values have certainly helped in keeping this show engaging.

also dat ed's a pretty damn good way of selling them bd's!

Anyone else watching Gakkatsu?
i dropped it at episode 4.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
For a scarf to be truly :firehawk, it must be on the precipice between staying on the neck and being blown away by the wind, that single perfect moment of transience between states.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom