• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

Sengoku Collection 06:

And now, the weekly ode to Brains Base's incredible effort to keep the show visually interesting:

Gr5m0l.jpg

gcAINl.jpg

pXexsl.jpg
Brain's Base have certainly been rocking some great background art since Penguin Drum.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Not every show can be My Little Pony

My Little Pony is a great show, there is tons of personality, the tone of the show is extremely vibrant, the voice acting is top notch, the characters are both entertaining and interesting and it's episodic nature is hardly a drawback.

Avatar's story is dull, the characters are full of pathetic emo and angst and there is nothing striking on a visual level with the first season. I have no idea what on earth people enjoyed about this, this is worse than generic Shounen anime bad.

Jex

Eden of the East 01

Here's a penis joke.
So, new series start! And, gotta say that was a wacky first episode. There are so many different things being talked about and introduced yet it I wanted it to keep going so I could get the answer for them.
Otherwise, the show looks great. The English sounds like actual English, it was a bit confusing for the Japanese characters to answer back in Japanese and they somehow understand them.
But, look at that ED. It's even an awesome ED song from School Food Punishment and it looks amazing~

I have some bad news for you...

What kind of ritual sacrifice do we have to perform to ensure that Sengoku Collection doesn't outsell Penguindrum?

Hold off the sacrifices; there's no way Sengoku will outsell Penguindrum with how abysmal the preorders are.

What is slightly relevant here is that RKB outsold Penguindrum. Can't win them all.

wonzo

Banned
Rokyuubu 1

jS8sO.jpg

This show is thoroughly offensive on multiple levels. Only one of which is the disturbingly misogynistic effort involved in taking a story about a girl's sports team and twisting it into something that panders to lolicon otaku. The characters themselves aren't worth mentioning because none of them have any real personality, will, or even life of their own at all. It's transparently obvious that they're just shallow tools to be moe/cute/whatever for the viewer. The protagonist is your typical dull male, and the plot is just there as a pretense. "Yay, we get to see girls exert themselves but we don't actually give a damn about any struggle or conflict they may have, we just need to get our fix." It's not as if the sport of basketball itself is presented as anything remotely interesting either, because apparently just making a field goal is enough to draw awe from our coach.

In all honestly, this is the kind of show that makes me wish the military would kick down doors, put black bags over faces, and drag otaku to undisclosed locations to never be seen again, but only after publicly executing the people behind these shows.
but is it better than eiken?

wonzo

Banned
I'm pretty sure Japan could make a show with train moe and get some serious bank from it.
if only train hero wasn't cancelled...

Eiken is concentrated and continuous stupidity and pandering to an extreme degree. This show had the aforementioned scenes and a lot of boring in it.

So yeah, it's better, but that isn't saying much.
12 episodes of that sounds truly awful. godspeed

Jintor

He didn't lose.

I should have listened to pizzaroll. This show is garbage. The worst kind of garbage. The characters in this show are awful, the voice acting is awful (the one exception being god damn Victor Sullivan for ONE episode), the animation is awful, the storyline is awful, the music is awful, the aangst is awful. There is absolutely nothing redeeming about the first season.

Fuck this show.

What

I don't

what

Jex

How? She was one of the better characters in Code Geass I suppose, but that isn't really saying much.

I don't really think much of any of the female characters in Code Geass, but perhaps that's because they're not as insane as the best members of the cast.

Thoraxes

KoikeLupin III - 06

Alright, that was pretty awesome. Definitely did not
see Oscar doing what he did coming at all. I was smiling when I knew what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom