• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makoto

Natsuiro Kiseki 6

A pretty fun episode, perhaps even the best one so far. I did have a problem with the editing
when the Natsumis were taking a bath together. Natsumi 1 leaves the bath first. The next shot is of a Natsumi drying herself while entering her room and seeing another Natsumi lying in the bed. It creates the notion that a third Natsumi was created when it reality, Natsumi 1 leaving the bath was succeeded by the shot of Natsumi 2 drying herself and seeing Natsumi 1 in the bed.

Phi Brain 4

So first it was Hastur and now Ana? My brain can't take all of this abuse

Outside of that, the anime is enjoyable. It's like a tamer Kaiji with YGO level of writing. Not the best combination, but it does its job.

I'd actually compare it to Gambling Emperor Zero before I would Kaiji. You should see why soon.

Joule

Damnit Joule. This entire post was like a magnet to me. You could say it was like an Attraction mixup into Hyper Grav loop on me.
Maybe you should watch this show sometime and or hook me up with what's recent with Mintjam. I wanna listen to some of their newer stuff to compare what they're doing in Accel World.

Busaiku

Ndmek.gif

I could die.

Cwarrior

time to catch up

Hunter x hunter R 18

Gon scoring some mad bro points, his not carry 1 bro on his back but the entire team what a bro.

there's some nice moving shadow ray tracing effect in the sunset scene tried to take pic of it doesn't really show up that much since it's a a soft transparent effect.

Go_Ly_Dow

Finalized Summer watch list!

-Kids on the Slope
-Fate/Zero
-Hyouka
-Sankarea
-Loli Tears

I got up to episode 3 for Tsuritama and don't have the motivation to continue with it.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus

survivor

Banned
I really need to get back to Ginga e Kickoff. But with so many shows to watch this season it's hard to free up time for everything.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Utena Nozomi DVDs

English dub as default track. Why. A premium priced release targeted to people who likely will not touch the dub with a 1000ft pole and they make it the default track... It's minor, but it's going to be annoying to have to switch to the correct audio track with each new disc. Maybe it's just bothering me because even Funimation had the decency to make the JP audio default (yes, Funimation did that) on the Dragon Boxes, because it was a premium priced release for fans who likely do not want to listen to the dub and I'm currently watching those as well. It's even worse because the Utena dub is ungodly terrible.

Book is nice. I read the part where they talk about the video remastering and apparently there was some tinkering done for continuity and other stuff. Nothing extreme it seems, and Ikuhara understands the effects of film revisionism. (ie, the DVDs are no longer Utena that aired in 1997, but Utena the series released on DVD)

My boxes are kinda warped and have a few nicks on them so I will probably watch them and then complain at Amazon to send me ones in better condition.

Also disappointed they didn't replicate the stylish as fuck R2 DVD menus since Ikuhara seemed to be personally involved in those as well off what I read in the booklet.

duckroll

Tsuritama Ep5

I have a sort of unusual relationship with this show. I don't really like the characters, but they don't offend me. I have zero interest in fishing whatsoever, and I find that the more the narrative tries to get the audience interested in the mechanics and details behind fishing, the less I care. But I really like the colors and the general drive behind the show. The music is great too. I don't think the show really has a strong grip on me, but I'll keep watching as long as there are aspects of it I enjoy. But every week after watching an episode of Tsuritama, whether I enjoy the episode or not I feel reinforced in my opinion that fishing is boring and a waste of time. :/

Jex

Tsuritama Ep5

I have a sort of unusual relationship with this show. I don't really like the characters, but they don't offend me. I have zero interest in fishing whatsoever, and I find that the more the narrative tries to get the audience interested in the mechanics and details behind fishing, the less I care. But I really like the colors and the general drive behind the show. The music is great too. I don't think the show really has a strong grip on me, but I'll keep watching as long as there are aspects of it I enjoy. But every week after watching an episode of Tsuritama, whether I enjoy the episode or not I feel reinforced in my opinion that fishing is boring and a waste of time. :/

Your hatred for fishing clouds your judgement. How else are you going to survive when your plane breaks up over a desert island? (assuming you aren't killed instantly).

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Utena Nozomi DVDs

English dub as default track. Why. A premium priced release targeted to people who likely will not touch the dub with a 1000ft pole and they make it the default track... It's minor, but it's going to be annoying to have to switch to the correct audio track with each new disc. Maybe it's just bothering me because even Funimation had the decency to make the JP audio default (yes, Funimation did that) on the Dragon Boxes, because it was a premium priced release for fans who likely do not want to listen to the dub and I'm currently watching those as well. It's even worse because the Utena dub is ungodly terrible.

Book is nice. I read the part where they talk about the video remastering and apparently there was some tinkering done for continuity and other stuff. Nothing extreme it seems, and Ikuhara understands the effects of film revisionism. (ie, the DVDs are no longer Utena that aired in 1997, but Utena the series released on DVD)

My boxes are kinda warped and have a few nicks on them so I will probably watch them and then complain at Amazon to send me ones in better condition.

Also disappointed they didn't replicate the stylish as fuck R2 DVD menus since Ikuhara seemed to be personally involved in those as well off what I read in the booklet.
Huh, I don't remember it defaulting to the Dub when I played my DVD's. It sucks that your boxes were warped, mine were in pristine condition. :)

Jex

That's why you can abstain.

Surely that's cheating. You have to pick one girl or the other, or else.

Unless like, everyone abstaining damages a characters rating on their charts. That I can support because it would mean that bad characters get worse rankings.

Jex

Tsuritama 05:

This episode was really heavy on fishing, but it all served as development for Yuki.
By the end of the episode he's no longer tsundere for fishing and finally just enjoys it. I'm glad that we'll likely have fewer instructional scenes from now on

I don't know about that. The author of the manga seems to have a vested interest in explaining fishing in great depth.

Still, whether or not you like the fishing-centric nature of this series, it's clearly a massive improvement from [C] and it aptly demonstrates that Kenji Nakamura is at his best when working with quirky, off-beat shows.

I don't know about that. The author of the manga seems to have a vested interest in explaining fishing in great depth.

Still, whether or not you like the fishing-centric nature of this series, it's clearly a massive improvement from [C] and it aptly demonstrates that Kenji Nakamura is at his best when working with quirky, off-beat shows.

Manga? What?

Jex

Kids on the Slope 5

Great episode. I didn't think they would
go to Tokyo so soon. I thought they would dedicate more time to it and deal more with mother/son issues.
That's not really how the show has handled anything so far though, so I didn't really find it surprising. Whole weeks can go past over the course of a single episode, after all. This could be considered one of the shows best features or it's greatest weakness, depending on your view of the series.

I, personally, enjoy the pacing but I do agree with the criticism most of the side characters aren't being given any time to breathe, leaving it as the 'Karou and Sentaro' show.
Manga? What?

I was thinking of that other fishing show.

cajunator

Banned
This is all you need to know about the episode.

Plenty enough to know and love.

Utena Nozomi DVDs

Lol premium priced. This wasn't premium priced. Also, I've never seen a release that defaulted to Japanese subtitles in the Us that wasnt Sub only. It has always been English dub first and Subs second. Thirdly, the Utena Dub is amazing.

Huh, I don't remember it defaulting to the Dub when I played my DVD's. It sucks that your boxes were warped, mine were in pristine condition. :)

Same. Nice, clean, happy boxes.
Must have been bad shippers.

Tsuritama Ep5

Fishing isn't a waste of time if you enjoy it as a hobby. Also I pretty much grew up with family who fish a lot. My dad used to have a sailboat and we have always had a bass boat or access to one. Fishing in my blood. I wish I had more time to do that anymore.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Lol premium priced. This wasn't premium priced. Also, I've never seen a release that defaulted to Japanese subtitles in the Us that wasnt Sub only. It has always been English dub first and Subs second. Thirdly, the Utena Dub is amazing.
$50 MSRP for 12 eps in the modern day R1 industry is premium priced. Plus I just gave you an example + no

Jex

What a lovely new avatar you have. Some guy on SA, I think, used to use Tomoe avs exclusively. I was so excited when I finally learned where they came from as they oozed character.

Speaking of avatars, when are you going to fix yours? It's a bit of an eyesore, I am sorry to say.

cajunator

Banned
$50 MSRP for 12 eps in the modern day R1 industry is premium priced. Plus I just gave you an example + no

Us US folks are well and truly spoiled by anime pricing here :(

Eru wins because she has big-head mode on. That makes her extra moe.

Eru wins because of her gorgeous purple eyes. The other girl is cute, but her eyes arent the same beautiful purple and it makes a big difference. It doesnt really matter how big Chitanda's head is.

Jex

Legend of the Galactic Heroes 14

STOP IT WITH THE FUCKING RETHORIC HOW WERE THESE ARSEHOLES ELECTED IN THE FIRST PLACE

WHY ARE YOU DECIDING ON MILITARY STUFF TO BEGIN WITH YOU ARE NOT EVEN FIT TO BE AN MP THIS IS WHY THE DALEKS ALWAYS TAKE OVER EVERYTHING UNTIL THE DOCTOR COMES IN (AND WHO THE FUCK KIND OF GENERAL TAKES AFTERNOON NAPS)

I hope the Alliance loses.
The Alliance has a lot of...problems, most of which are inherent in most long-running democracies of that type. It's well on it's way to becoming a failed-nation by the time show starts.

Jex

Forget Avatar; the real goldmines for faux-anime girls are Teen Titans and Totally Spies.
For once we agree on something.
The whiny bitch? lolno

I really liked Kim Possible. It was silly and nonsensical in a good way, and I liked the art style.
Team Starfire foreverer.
Team Raven forever
The sincerity in these posts is telling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom