• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.
People might be interested in knowing that the soundtrack for the upcoming summer anime Chouyaku Hyakunin Isshu: Uta Koi (josei historical romance giving a "super-liberal interpretation" of the 100 poems of karuta) will be composed by Maki Kirioka (Zone of the Enders) and Yasunori Mitsuda.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Legend of the Galactic Heroes 14

STOP IT WITH THE FUCKING RETHORIC HOW WERE THESE ARSEHOLES ELECTED IN THE FIRST PLACE

WHY ARE YOU DECIDING ON MILITARY STUFF TO BEGIN WITH YOU ARE NOT EVEN FIT TO BE AN MP THIS IS WHY THE DALEKS ALWAYS TAKE OVER EVERYTHING UNTIL THE DOCTOR COMES IN (AND WHO THE FUCK KIND OF GENERAL TAKES AFTERNOON NAPS)

I hope the Alliance loses.

I should have listened to pizzaroll. This show is garbage. The worst kind of garbage. The characters in this show are awful, the voice acting is awful (the one exception being god damn Victor Sullivan for ONE episode), the animation is awful, the storyline is awful, the music is awful, the aangst is awful. There is absolutely nothing redeeming about the first season.

Fuck this show.

what the fucking fuck

jman2050

you dont see that every day

bclNb.jpg

Code Geass truly is progressive.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
The whiny bitch? lolno

I really liked Kim Possible. It was silly and nonsensical in a good way, and I liked the art style.

Versus the emo and the ditz? You're just picking your poison with Teen Titans.

Really the only thing I remember about Kim Possible is the theme song because the aforementioned girlfriend used to sing it incessantly years ago. I avoided watching it in general when I was a teenager because my ultra-conservative parents would have bitched constantly about her lack of clothing, but when I did sneak a couple of episodes it just wasn't something for me.

Instro

People might be interested in knowing that the soundtrack for the upcoming summer anime Chouyaku Hyakunin Isshu: Uta Koi (josei historical romance giving a "super-liberal interpretation" of the 100 poems of karuta) will be composed by Maki Kirioka (Zone of the Enders) and Yasunori Mitsuda.

This going to be so good.

Dresden

just wanted to apologize in advance for bagging on easy targets

Those expecting an instant blockbuster may be disappointed by the series' slow start, where ordinary schoolgirls go about doing ordinary schoolgirl things. But that initial low-key approach is ultimately why the story succeeds: it takes time to set the foundation of who these characters are, how they relate to others, and how they tackle personal problems. How many times have we seen an action anime and thought, "That looked really cool, but it was hard to care about the characters"? Conversely, this story (penned by none other than star screenwriter Mari Okada) does make the viewer care, with day-to-day scenes of friendship, struggle, rejection, and even emotional abuse.

So don't discount it just because the franchise has been marketed to within an inch of its life: as a TV series, Black Rock Shooter is a work of substance and truth.

wonzo

Banned
KoikeLupin 6

SIX FUCKING EPISODES

This was easily the best episode yet since ep2. I mean, it has an
all girls school filled with machine-gun wielding lesbians!!
It'd be very hard to top something like that! [/spoiler]That flashback sequence succeeded at disturbing the shit outta me.[/SPOILER]

aaaahahahhahahahhahHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAalkjihfn;laljnfn;ukoalkjhfd.,ajlnwiuhopdfawkh,gbesadfilhjfaw
shinjichair-b72.gif

Soma

http://i.imgur.com/DB163.jpg

Eight out of ten right for the male chart. Japan seems to have good taste for male characters at least.

Sankarea Episode 06

EWncu.jpg

I liked this week's episode. I was kinda surprised at how long it took Furuya to realize
that the leaves obviously will help keep Rea from becoming a corpse
. The grandfather was inappropriately hilarious again but his mention of the fact that
the leaves are merely slowing down that process
was pretty unfortunate to hear.

Seems like things are somewhat settling down for Rea and Furuya. The story has taken a pretty interesting direction. While she seems happy, I can't help but feel really sad about her new situation and the ramifications of it. The last scene was pretty unsettling as well.

I gotta say I really love some of the music in the show too. I also like the subtle changes to the already gorgeous ED as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom