• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Kids on the Slope 6

sakamichi6.jpg

BROMANCE IS OVER!
Yeah, I didn't really have any issues with the new fang dude.
I don't think he, let alone anyone expected Kaoru to flip the fuck out like that and I don't really see any issue with scouting for band members or introducing anyone to the motherfuckin' Beatles! I'm guessing that was Brother Jun at the end of the counter.

we need wonzo in here with that pic of the guy in the scene where he looks like human jello.
you might as well ask me to make a gif of the entire episode!

Kids on the Slope 6:
This girl sucks at painting.
ya gotta start somewhere!

Eureka 7 AO ep 6

First half was confusing at first but once
Truth was introduced, who looked pretty cool there in true form
I appreciated it. Stunning visuals and strategy this episode, Ao continues to show that he means business. I like it. But the second best character in the show there, cant wait for more.

Geneijin

This is something that has come up a few times on GAF and been confusing me. I can see the bland and pussified aspects, but if a character is really meant to be a viewer insert, why would they recoil in shame from having the girls make advances?

I'd think a viewer insert would be smanging all them waifus while shouting praise to the gods of swag.
Sometimes, a harem is simply about wanting companionship with the opposite sex.

I've always taken these viewer insert characters to be a reflection of who the viewers are, not who they want to be. I suppose that Japanese otaku appreciate stories about timid, boring, shy, and all around not-alpha guys having women fall all over them more than they care to have themselves inserted into the role of master sex machine/pervert/etc.
there's hentai for that, anyway.
If the standard harem protagonist is a viewer insert, then their aversion to strong romantic ties wouldn't make that plausible.

Branduil

What I was thinking was more along the lines of:

She became some spider/girl mix.
At least that's the impression I got.

Yeah, for that I was thinking
the spider girl took her body and mind. So more like a host or new body for the spider girl, meaning there's no more main girl left besides her body which now belongs to the spider girl.

Watching the ending again I guess this has to be the case as the girl at the end is bigger that the original spider gal. Haircut mean nothing since the hypnotised bloke could have easily cut the original spider's hair to disguise it.

Nah, you're overthinking this.
The spider girl is human-sized at the end when they're all in the web. She's obviously capable of changing her appearance.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Hm? I dont think every episode would be self contained. Nobunaga's goal seems to have been put on the backburner. Im not expecting a genre change but rather for the show to go deeper.

Well, we have at least 8 more episodes of characters to introduce, which would bring us over the halfway point for the show. Although, it would probably just add to how amazingly bad the show is for it to suddenly have a plot in the final few episodes. I'm just expecting Nobunaga's appearance at the end of every episode to ultimately be the contrivance that gets everyone home at the end, not necessarily a plot. It's an easy way to fill a minute of the show without having to write anything!

Branduil

Lets face it, most aspects of mecha design are completely unrealistic, up to and including the head itself. Most of them are far too big, for starters.

I have a pretty good idea for a realistic mecha. First, get rid of the head obviously. Second, the legs are too unfeasible with current tech. Replace them with something practical like wheels or something. Third, arms are pointless. It's not like it's going to be grabbing anything. Just attach some guns to it instead. What do you think?

Well, we have at least 8 more episodes of characters to introduce, which would bring us over the halfway point for the show. Although, it would probably just add to how amazingly bad the show is for it to suddenly have a plot in the final few episodes. I'm just expecting Nobunaga's appearance at the end of every episode to ultimately be the contrivance that gets everyone home at the end, not necessarily a plot. It's an easy way to fill a minute of the show without having to write anything!

Actually, I saw a list of upcoming episodes and
after the Hideyoshi episode, there is some two part episode coming up.
Some I guess they have some plot coming up or something to drag on for two episodes or more.

cj_iwakura

Sailor Moon R 56

Kvki8.jpg

I couldn't stop laughing during that entire segment

Their faces during the argument about who should be Snow White were amazing.

iSJnu.jpg

You just don't see this kind of expression anymore #animeisdead

Anyway, this episode rocked from start to finish. Though you have to wonder about the constantly fluctuating state of Usagi's relationship with Mamoru, surely the rest of the Sailors
would respect that Usagi and Mamoru 1. have already hooked up in a past life and 2. hooked up again until their memories got wiped, and therefore they might back off a bit and give Usagi first choice?
Not that it matters too much, especially when I'm still relatively early in the season.

JCwfY.jpg

Being Usagi is suffering :(

I really like the villains so far, they aren't stupid or dumb or really "evil", but they're distinctly inhuman as well.
Like with An completely missing the point of the ending of Snow White.

AYAGt.jpg

NO

Poor An missed all her chances, it's her own fault for shutting Seijuro out though. At least she got her love pillow in the end~
REbbP.jpg

Someone isn't watching ADV's subs it seems like. Shame, that. (Best $150 I ever spent.)

I can't wait for your reactions to the
Wiseman arc

My favorite villain in the series.

Cwarrior

Am probably the only one that thinks this but damn kids on a slope is one ugly ass show.

even in 1080p it's ugly maybe when they release the 4k version it will be less ugly.

I can't put my finger on why it looks so ugly to me but I think it's the colour palette,shading effect,shadow blobs and worst of all the thick black drawing outlines.

-also white blob on top edge of the characters hair

-blurry background

madp

The Light of El Cantare
If the standard harem protagonist is a viewer insert, then their aversion to strong romantic ties wouldn't make that plausible.

I don't pretend to understand how otaku think, but they seem to be trapped between the two contradictory demands of purity and hyper-sexualization for their waifus. Having women fall all over the main character in harem series while the main character actively refuses their advances seems like it might be an extension of this, where otaku can have their cake and eat it too. Sexually-assertive women without any sex is kind of a middle ground between the two extremes.

NewFresh

am probably the only one that thinks this but damn kids on a slope is one ugly ass show.

even in 1080p it's ugly

You're not alone. There was someone who brought it up when the first episode aired. The dichotomy of the characters and the background seems to put some people off.

Branduil

Kids on the Slope 6

iAP5PK8wyW0tw.jpg

This episode had some nice compositions.

A lot of stuff continues to happen in this show. I didn't like this episode as much as the one last week, but it was still pretty well-done. I can sympathize with what Kaoru is going through.

Also, the games kids played before video games...

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Fairy Tail 23:

ahahahaha
Erza nerfed
in the lamest way possible. It's shounen haato time.

Fairy Tail 24:

Well that was certainly a strange way of exploring Elfman's backstory. Apparently
mindfucking
is an earth-elemental power.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Jormj...whatever the hell it is. This show is so bad. And what is with all the girls having this douche bag, evil grin.

Makoto

Jormj...whatever the hell it is. This show is so bad. And what is with all the girls having this douche bag, evil grin.
You call it douchebag evil, I call it sexy awesome.

Also, part of the fun of Jormungand is trying to to figure out the lyrics of the OP without the help of captions.

What I think are the first two lines of the OP:
We have always stood our borderland
I am enjoying the view from here

What is really said (I think):
We have always treaded the borderland
I will adventure with you from here

You are talking about Jormungand, right?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

Also, part of the fun of Jormungand is trying to to figure out the lyrics of the OP without the help of captions.

Her name is Koko, and she is Loco.

Yes. And that isn't the grin.
Its this half, are they mentally challenge or pretending to be evil look. Two of the girls have it in the OP. They follow each other. The Banana girl and the blonde one.

The show's test audience has to be 8-10 years old.

Uchip

Banned
Fairy Tail 23:

ahahahaha
Erza nerfed
in the lamest way possible. It's shounen haato time.

Fairy Tail 24:

Well that was certainly a strange way of exploring Elfman's backstory. Apparently
mindfucking
is an earth-elemental power.

I dont recall the nerf
which was it?

Am probably the only one that thinks this but damn kids on a slope is one ugly ass show.

even in 1080p it's ugly maybe when they release the 4k version it will be less ugly.

I can't put my finger on why it looks so ugly to me but I think it's the colour palette,shading effect,shadow blobs and worst of all the thick black drawing outlines.

-also white blob on top edge of the characters hair

-blurry background

1080p is just upscaled 720p from crunchy

How are you hearing the "our" in the OP? its almost like shes just saying "stood borderland"

madp

The Light of El Cantare
In following the whole Jormungand (snake from Norse mythology) thing, I always thought that they were intentionally meant to look kind of serpentine. Could just be a coincidence, though.

I dont recall the nerf
which was it?

Erza absorbing the blast of the Jupiter cannon with her Adamantine Armor in order to keep the guild from being destroyed

Ginga kickoff 06

iPELv9wYFdynM.gif

GAAAH Reika is so adorable!

loving the ball rolling animation in this show with the blurry lines. A surprisingly well animated eps.

Fun stuff though.

Branduil

Well, I spoilered myself on this current Kids on the Slope arc...

Good news, from what I saw it looks like Plot Device-kun's arc should end in the next episode.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Wouldnt call that a nerf
she was being TANKY DPS

It's a nerf when
you're taken out for the rest of the arc because you're stronger than the protagonist! It's happened every arc with Erza, and I expect it to continue happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom