• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makoto

Also, I hate hate hate the whole fang-tooth thing on male characters.
On a separate tangent, I hate hate hate the whole single fang-tooth thing. Why is there only one fang? Why can't there be two for symmetry? Are these characters too poor to go the dentist? It's even more baffling when you've got a single fang on the rich girl. Surely she could afford some dental work to get that corrected.

Ultimadrago

On a separate tangent, I hate hate hate the whole single fang-tooth thing. Why is there only one fang? Why can't there be two for symmetry? Are these characters too poor to go the dentist? It's even more baffling when you've got a single fang on the rich girl. Surely she could afford some dental work to get that corrected.

Fang moe does not come in twos.

This is a standard of anime life.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Tsuritama 06:

I have a difficult time examining what makes one episode of this show interesting to me while another with seemingly-similar content feels boring, but I really, really liked this episode
and not just because there was advancement of the main plot
. It felt like there was more going on in each scene--things were livelier, the characters weren't overwhelmed by the backgrounds, informational fishing dialogue didn't drag down conversations, and character interaction is just generally better now that
Yuki actually likes fishing
. That was just the pick-me-up I needed after Apollon's abysmal episode.

Fang moe does not come in twos.

This is a standard of anime life.

Two fangs makes you a vampire.
which is what I hope the guy in Apollon ends up being so they can drive a stake through his heart and be done with it.

We can't have them confused for vampires!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I had no idea a samurai prevented world war 3.

History has lied to me.

Ultimadrago

So Tsuritama is where it's at today?

Alas, I dropped it and now am left with no saving grace for the day. :S

I had no idea a samurai prevented world war 3.

History has lied to me.

Well, they don't call him "Samu-Samu-Samurai Friendo" for nothing!

WarHG.png

cajunator

Banned
I was mostly referring to her in the first part anyway.

On a side note, I'm kinda disappointed that Sentai licensed Tsuritama since I at least think it'll be unlikely we'll ever get this awesome looking box or at least artwork in the NA release.

Then again, we probably never would have gotten this, but it is such a cool box.

that box really is GORGEOUS.

Damn.

Also, apparently I got a ton of packages in today at my parents house so Ill find out in a bit what goodies await. I know there's Infinte Stratos bluray in there, along with Cat Planet Cuties.

Kagami

Roukyuubu 3-12 FREEDOM

Overall, this show was pretty much Infinite Stratos but with lolis and basketball rather than mechs, tsunderes, and Char.
Haha, in the broad sense that they're both harem shows, yeah.
But speaking as someone who usually doesn't like harem shows, Ro-Kyu-Bu! didn't annoy me the way harem anime usually does, due to its setup. The only thing in Ro-Kyu-Bu! I didn't like was the stereotypical violent jealous childhood friend, but fortunately she wasn't in it very much and the show stuck to focusing on the main five younger girls.

Ro-Kyu-Bu! is set up like this:
1) Of the five main girls, the three who are crushing on the male lead Subaru are all too timid to actually take any active approach.
2) They're too young anyway, so the whole thing just comes off as cute childhood crushes (or just being friendly, in the case of the other two).
3) They're young enough that, other than maybe Tomoka a little, they don't take romance/dating seriously and there's no real jealousy, because to them it's just something to giggle about.
4) The show spends a good amount of time protraying the girls interacting with each other without Subaru around.
5) Subaru won't make any moves on them himself, both because of their age and because his head is full of nothing but basketball. (Passive/reluctant/dense protagonists in harems are hardly rare, but just mentioning it because it's the final piece of the setup.)

Because of this setup, it avoids the unnaturally static "romance" that harems usually have and is closer to a pretty-girl zoo show than a traditional harem.

I was able to get into Haganai for similar reasons, because the male there was more of an observer than a participant, and there wasn't any overt romance to speak of.
I've watched a couple of episodes of IS and plan to get back to it but I'm not too optimistic about it--it looks like the kind of standard harem show I don't care for much.
(Romance shows with actual development, on the other hand, are more than welcome, like Waiting in the Summer and Mysterious Girlfriend X.)

Ninjimbo

Wow. I didn't expect people to have this kind of reaction to the new kid in Apollon. Thinking back on it, there was nothing particularly egregious about him so is it [
b]just cuz he might be gay[/b]?

Edit: cleared up because I'm not sure if it a spoiler or not

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Lupin III - Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna 7

Hm... What? I feel like I missed... A lot of things.

They sure made a mess with those unnecessary time skips and rewinds, huh. Three months earlier! Then two weeks earlier (two months and two weeks later, actually)! Then two weeks later! Then two weeks earlier! Then two weeks later without a transition! Then two months earlier! Then two months later! Ugh.

There was nothing compelling about this episode. I guess watching Goemon
avoid World War III by cutting two missiles with his sword while riding a plane
was interesting, but eh.

/XX/

I haven't seen you review anything in a while /XX/, are you watching anything? I'd like to read your impressions on something.
I need to catch-up on various episodes of tsu ri ta ma, Lupin the Third: A Woman Called Fujiko Mine, and I'm one behind on Fate/Zero, but as you can see I'm wasting (well, not exactly "wasting" as I learn in here as well) the free time I have checking this forum and a few others... anyway, thanks for your interest, man.

tiff

Banned
Wow. I didn't expect people to have this kind of reaction to the new kid in Apollon. Thinking back on it, there was nothing particularly egregious about him so is it just cuz he's gay that people are going crazy?
Not on this board, no.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
My Name is Cuban Pete, And I Dance to Fujiko's Teats 07:

Man, what a mess of an episode. Brazil's post above this perfectly summed up the absolutely pointless and confusing timeskipping, and beyond that, it was just kind of a weak episode in general.
Goemon's presence went absolutely nowhere and his sole purpose was to be a convenient deus ex machina for the doomsday scenario that had been building for the entire episode. If the show is going to continue to utilize the other Lupin cast instead of focusing solely on Fujiko, at least do them justice

Furthermore,
Fujiko's role was fairly lazy as well. Apart from a couple of standard seduction scenes, she just sat there as the events of the plot happened around here. It really feels like the writers wanted to do an episode on the Cuban Missile Crisis first and foremost and that Fujiko was just shoehorned into the episode as a necessary afterthought.
Coming off of episode six, this was a massive disappointment.

Sengoku Collection 7
tumblr_m46ulrqaBj1qbxqfpo1_500.png

I guess my favorite of the sengoku leaders. Unfortunately Im not skilled to count five-seven-five in JPN with the english crunchyroll subs so, but I think it was a unique concept to have if she was actually speaking that way 95% of the time. But that was cool how the shop leveled up and
the owner got all changed and emotional there
. Decent.

Andrew J.

Sakamichi no Apollon 06

Oh, so that's where the title comes from.

Seiji is so :cajun.

So much friendship drama up ins. Better crack out the macroons, and the, er, bad CGI fight scenes.

(I've never actually seen BRS TV.)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I really don't see the big deal with Apollon 6. If anything, if you're not going to do more
Tokyo episodes
, I prefer it to the boring love-line of the previous five episodes and you're basically moving toward what the show was supposed to be about at some point - music. And for the 60s, there's nothing more salient than
the birth of Rock

Tsuritama is very maguro! And that theme is so adaptable - they somehow managed to make it sound dramatic and "action-ey" during the whole fishing scene. And for a show that's literally at the half way point, you feel like we've changed acts and are moving toward an exciting conclusion. For a show that no one knew anything about, this is surely the best show of the season.

wonzo

Banned
Sengoku Collection 7

maybe it's just the stockholm syndrome kicking in but i actually kinda enjoyed this haiku laden episode until it started getting all emotional at around 3/4's of the way through.

Theonik

Or you could just skim through it and spot them.
Great House United States of Yumerica, Kremzal Roniania Union, Fiadel Kestro, Fatlantic Ocean, Nahava Carib etc...

Are you kidding me?

Best part of the episode!
Best part about it are how you can expand it. Like
Fatlanta, United States of Yumerica - Fatlantis/Fatlantians - North Fatlantic Treaty Organisation (NFTO) and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom