• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiff

Banned
There is nothing delicious about a flat chest.
idegerzuwaafxdtu03.gif

survivor

Banned

So am I always gonna get a 5 minutes music video when she goes to that place to duel?

I wasn't being completely serious. Do you honestly think the big shounen shows are worth their episode counts?
The current episodes count for something like One Piece is terrible but even if you cut the fillers and make it adapt more than 1 chapter per episode, you would still need at least 100 episodes to tell the whole story. And it would still be reasonable.

I wasn't being completely serious. Do you honestly think the big shounen shows are worth their episode counts?

For the big 3, absolutely not. For other ones with an episode count over 100, definitely.

As survivor said, even if say, something like OP was adapted at a reasonable pace, it would still have an episode count well into the 200s and (for the most part) be well-paced. Provided Oda doesn't massively fuck up, it would stay like that to the end, with a hypothetical One Piece "Kai" reaching into the 400s or 500s by the time it ended. And you know what; it would be fuckin worth it.

The current episodes count for something like One Piece is terrible but even if you cut the fillers and make it adapt more than 1 chapter per episode, you would still need at least 100 episodes to tell the whole story. And it would still be reasonable.
You mean the other 400+ episodes are pretty much filler? Oh dear. I misread that.
For the big 3, absolutely not. For other ones with an episode count over 100, definitely.

As survivor said, even if say, something like OP was adapted at a reasonable pace, it would still have an episode count well into the 200s and (for the most part) be well-paced. Provided Oda doesn't massively fuck up, it would stay like that to the end, with a hypothetical One Piece "Kai" reaching into the 400s or 500s by the time it ended. And you know what; it would be fuckin worth it.
Maybe it would be, but I remain highly skeptical.

survivor

Banned
You mean the other 400+ episodes are pretty much filler? Oh dear.

Maybe it would be, but I remain highly skeptical.

I don't know the filler count, but the One Piece anime is bad at converting chapters to anime episodes. For example they would do 1 chapter per episode and it's awful. So even if you say they do 2 episodes per 1 volume, you would still need at least 120 episodes.

I don't know the filler count, but the One Piece anime is bad at converting chapters to anime episodes. For example they would do 1 chapter per episode and it's awful. So even if you say they do 2 episodes per 1 volume, you would still need at least 120 episodes.

Well let's say 2:1 is a reasonable pace (since Oda packs so much into every chapter outside of Marineford). That would still be 300+ episodes.

Edit: Hmm, maybe 3:1 would be better. I definitely don't think we should go as high as 2 eps per volume.

Cwarrior

1:1 works cause of how much content a one piece chapter has, what the anime does is separate panel scenes in the manga where you would have character chating/or stuff happening in the background and the foreground,also they add in more jokes and extra scenes in the fights.

1:1.5 is nice balance but 1:2 is too much to cover in one episode you end up having to cut stuff out or rushing scenes that require a build up and doesn't allow you the freedom to add extra like jokes or action scenes.

wonzo

Banned
Saint Seiya Omega 8

FUCK YES. it looks like the shitty school stuff's finally over as the shit just hit the goddamn fan!
fake-athena's pretty cute

Revolutionary Girl Utena 2

Oh I see, so this is a battle shounen anime?
Very cool powerup at the end to beat Saionji again

Reusing the music and same animations was kinda annoying.
hmmm

lmao. it's a missed opportunity for a troll kickstarter but whatever

Ultimadrago

Korra no Densetsu 7

Cabbaaaaaaaage!!

The girl that Mako likes (or her father) being affiliated with the "enemy" was very expected.

And
Toph taught her daughter like the boss she was!

some "not very sightly"
CG mechs and man vs. mech fighting.

I liked the last episode better, this one felt too predictable for me, but at least we got some more
Lin Beifong
action.

Ginga e Kickoff 7
tumblr_m4cmjnzn701qbxqfpo1_500.png

Of course the best character has to be the problem one.
Poor Reika
But in the end it was worth it. Hope they win the game, and still curious how we get Aoto onto the team.

Well let's say 2:1 is a reasonable pace (since Oda packs so much into every chapter outside of Marineford). That would still be 300+ episodes.

Edit: Hmm, maybe 3:1 would be better. I definitely don't think we should go as high as 2 eps per volume.
Is One Piece really that dense in content? I mean Monster covered roughly two chapters per episode.

survivor

Banned
Utena 3

I think Anthy has
a big sign that says "Please slap me". Everybody hates her

Is One Piece really that dense in content? I mean Monster covered roughly two chapters per episode.

I think normal arcs are fine but Marineford is a big no no. There was like 20 fights going on in the same chapter and all between important hyped characters

I don't think there is enough content per chapter to do 1:1 adaptation but that's just me. When I was watching some of the episodes that did this, I was always falling a sleep.

This is why the world needs One Piece Kai.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I don't think it's best to ask One Piece fans this since they highly overvalue every aspect of the series.

Yes, it's much better to trust the opinion of people who think that enjoying something automatically disqualifies someone from being able to rationally appraise that work.

Yes. With the exception of the Marineford arc where Oda only did 17 pages a bunch since his kid was just born, OP chapters are more often than not filled with content. It's probably near the top for weekly manga as far as popular series.

It's probably comparable to Monster, since IIRC it didn't have a big page count for a monthly series (it was monthly, right?)

I don't think it's best to ask One Piece fans this since they highly overvalue every aspect of the series.

Content per chapter isn't necessarily a fan thing. I mean some people might even call it a detriment.

kids on the slope made me wanna watch nodame again... so that's what I'm doing now!

Nodame Cantabile 1-2

Gotta love nodame's voice. it's 100% cute.

it's so weird watching this after watching the live action recently. Still am liking it.

Yes. With the exception of the Marineford arc where Oda only did 17 pages a bunch since his kid was just born, OP chapters are more often than not filled with content. It's probably near the top for weekly manga as far as popular series.

It's probably comparable to Monster, since IIRC it didn't have a big page count for a monthly series (it was monthly, right?)
Apparently it was published twice a month, at least the magazine was.
Content is content, whether it's all worth adapting is a different issue.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Ginga e Kickoff!! 7

Erika-chan totally
has the hots for Aoto-kun. Poor Shou-kun.

But, man... Real football animation, real football tactics... This is the good stuff. It's a complete pleasure to watch this show every week, much like Space Brothers. It never drags, the characters are fun, the OST is great. I couldn't ask for more.

Reika-chan is still the best.
I'm really looking forward to see how things will go for her. I hope her mother doesn't get in the way... Although that seems pretty unlikely.

And next
we get the first real match. Can't wait.

That's a horrible idea and wouldn't work, it will come down to cutting out the funny character interactions,world building and sakuga.

Dragon ball z kai is blasphemy and inferior to the original.

haha so true. Just realized that pretty much all sakuga are technically 'filler' sequences in manga based animes.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
MGX 7:
Oka is fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine.

Later One Piece chapters are definitely packed with content (earlier chapters not so much). There's not as much content as a chapter of something like Detective Conan, but it's definitely on the wordier side. You could get by with three chapters per episode for the earlier bits of One Piece, but you'd have a really hard time doing that with the later arcs.

Hyouka 5
tumblr_m4cmvrtbtD1qcsnnso1_500.gif

Recaps to insight scenes for Oreki and Satoshi was good. Otherwise I thought for the most part it was rather suspenseful. I think I can safely take back my feelings on the case from last episode
since apparently it was actually a violent protest riot even, firing the buildings, no wonder he was expelled
. I really liked the music during much of the episode. Visual trickery was intense
kind of brutal even

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom