• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluWacky

I remember that episode. It was ugly and drab and awful. Hosoda can't save everything.

Did it mean anything to you at all having not watched the previous 19 episodes? I mean, the show's not got a super-high budget or anything, but I don't know if it's fair to take something so late in the show out of context in terms of its impact on the plot. Obviously I've not seen it yet, but there you go.

(also he does two episodes not just the one that raito-kun mentioned)

(also I am sad that I spent so long on a post about Tennimon and the first two responses shat on the show :( )

Did it mean anything to you at all having not watched the previous 19 episodes? I mean, the show's not got a super-high budget or anything, but I don't know if it's fair to take something so late in the show out of context in terms of its impact on the plot. Obviously I've not seen it yet, but there you go.

(also he does two episodes not just the one that raito-kun mentioned)

It's true, perhaps I would have gotten more out of it had I watched all of the previous episodes, though I can't say the part of the story I did see made me interested to find out more. It's just that, compared to Hosoda's strongly atmospheric and memorable episodes for Nadja, Digimon, and Doremi, this came off as run-of-the-mill. I couldn't see any signs of a great talent at work.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Simoun 19

UViLM.png

Oh
COME ON! Not Mamiina! :mad:

Poor Rodo..

(also I am sad that I spent so long on a post about Tennimon and the first two responses shat on the show :( )

Sorry, I didn't mean to make you sad! I didn't intend to shit on the entire show, since I can't really judge it, just on the one episode that I had forgotten about watching until Branduil reminded me. I did read your entire post, and the screenshots you posted from the Igarashi episode do look nice.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Not anime, but I'm reading the Kingkiller Chronicles. I'm on the second book and Auri is so moe.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Mysterious girlfriend X 1 - This was really good, apart from the *cough* this had a feel that really resonated with my personal tastes - it's kinda like a total hipstershit animu romcom with a very 90s feel in it's direction and art, looking forward to more.

Also MGX > Sankarea, real talk.

Working s2 ep 12

The superior yamada had a great scene with takenashi, otherwise I think the funniest episode so far. Inami's androphobia and the wagnaria exciting man tour was funny as well as txting.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Mirai Nikki 6

Wow, Yukki has the best mom ever. She's even a
game designer!

Too bad he's a wuss.

Brazil

Mirai Nikki 7

I hate kids, so I thought this episode would be shit. But it was actually awesome.

Yukki being a man and saving Yuno was neat, and the kid wasn't as annoying as I thought he'd be. He was a true elite. He even got stabbed in the end!

And this seems familiar...

I'm totally hooked, but I'm also worried about which direction the series will take.

I feel like the diary users are going by way too quickly. And I was expecting they'd be killing each other, or at least interacting with each other, instead of simply going for Yukki and Yuna.
There's so much untapped potential.

Branduil

I wonder if, at some point in the future, someone will shoot an anime at 60fps, and it will cause everyone to go totally insane like with The Hobbit.

Makoto

how do you shoot anime in the first place?
I've seen people shoot anime in 60fps. It looked completely non-cinematic. The sets looked like sets. I've been on sets of anime on the scale of Ponyo, and sets don't even look like sets when you're on them live... but these looked like sets.

Saki 2

Saki can definitely give Yugi a run for his money. She can get any tile she wants, and he can draw any card he wants. I wonder who will win if they had a duel.

Saki v. Yugi? :lol... yeah, that'd be a pretty great match for sure. I have no idea who'd win, what happens when two people who can always draw the card/tile they need, at the moment they need it, play against eachother? Good question indeed. :)

Yeah, I think so. They do over explain things, much like other sports anime, so you might be able to pick it up. But it also has a lot of other things that make it worth watching for the spectacle.
Over-explain? How so? Maybe they thought it was, but no, I certainly didn't learn how to play mahjong from Saki. I had a lot of fun watching the craziness during the matches, but do I know how the game really works? Not really. There are so many different kinds of combinations that can lead to points, it's a very complex game that much is clear...

Saki 1

I watched the first episode again after reading bit of the rules about mahjong. I was still confused since apparently I read the Chinese one and the Japanese one uses different terms or something. Oh well, at least I was able to tell what the tiles mean.

I find it funny how they keep hyping Saki for the wrong reason. It's not that she is skilled, but it's cause she got superhuman luck.
In the world of Saki, luck is skill, pretty much. :)

I mean, she has the superpower of getting the tiles she needs... and on a related note, it is kind of amusing to watch Nodoka stick to the obviously realistic, but not supported in the show's world, "supernatural abilities don't exist", when you've got stuff like what Amae Koromo can do there too (
I mean, Saki's luck is an even stronger power, but Koromo's ability to actually knock out electric power's quite something.
)...

The full title is B Gata H Kei - Yamada's first time.

The Japaneese title is. B型H系

... I can't believe I'm nitpicking at this, well I could always bitch about the last episode of Ozma or ugly sand pirates as I'd like to call it, which by the way, all I can say is thank fuck it was only 6 episodes, oh look I did it anyway.
Yeas, as I said the Japanese title is B Gata H Kei.

MGX 3

So what would've happened if
the other dude reacted somehow? Would she have dumped Tsubaki's ass then and there
?

I'm starting to get the slight feeling there's not enough give and take in this relationship.
Yeah, then she'd have had to make a choice --
dump the MC, or have two boyfriends?

Uchip

Banned
I've seen people shoot anime in 60fps. It looked completely non-cinematic. The sets looked like sets. I've been on sets of anime on the scale of Ponyo, and sets don't even look like sets when you're on them live... but these looked like sets.

Blame James Cameron

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Over-explain? How so? Maybe they thought it was, but no, I certainly didn't learn how to play mahjong from Saki. I had a lot of fun watching the craziness during the matches, but do I know how the game really works? Not really. There are so many different kinds of combinations that can lead to points, it's a very complex game that much is clear...
The minute a character starts breaking down a hand, it's being over-explained. :p

Jintor

I just feel for the make-up artists.

Ultimadrago

MGX 3

So what would've happened if
the other dude reacted somehow? Would she have dumped Tsubaki's ass then and there
?

I'm starting to get the slight feeling there's not enough give and take in this relationship.

No one's going to say it to Urabe, but I said it in my review and I will state it now: What an asswipe.

Branduil

It makes anime look like soap operas!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Third option, Urabe has Tsubaki and the other guy swap spit so they end up in a 3some.

I think one or two could've been shortened or sacrificed in order to have an ending episode that doesn't have so much crammed into it. It was almost as bad as Code Geass' last season.

Also, Anemone > Eureka. So judging from your avatar, we can't be friends.
Yes! Seriously, Renton and Eureka are terrible.
Hey Hino-san, karma's a bitch eh? :)
Hopefully people finally realized that Hino can't write.

Brazil

Mirai Nikki 8

Hinata > Yuno.
Too bad she's a bitch.

And although obvious, the twists in this episode were pretty cool.
The other diary users finally seem to be interacting, huh.

And the full weekly sales for April 16-22:

Blu-ray
*1, 15,988 15,988 Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon vol.5 Limited Edition
*2, *2,898 *2,898 Shinryaku!? Ika Musume vol.5
*3, *2,414 *2,414 Rinne no Lagrange vol.2 Limited Edition
*4, *2,401 *2,401 Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai! vol.6
*5, *2,024 *2,024 UN-GO episode:0 Inga-ron
*6, *1,978 *1,978 Chihayafuru vol.5
*7, *1,632 *1,632 Ben-To vol.5
*8, *1,380 *1,380 Mobile Suit Gundam AGE vol.3 Deluxe Edition
*9, *1,324 *1,324 UN-GO vol.4
Horizon doing so well almost undoes Gundam AGE being a flop. God damn it, Japan. :\

zeroshiki

Horizon doing so well almost undoes Gundam AGE being a flop. God damn it, Japan. :\

Nah, the scale is different. Horizon is a garbage franchise that will be forgotten in a few years. Its not like its a Bakemonogatari level success. It might get a sequel but it will peter out eventually.

Gundam on the other hand, is a 30+ year old franchise that was one of the most beloved in Japan. It bombing hard is probably causing ulcers at Bandai.

Articalys

Oh yeah, more data from the weekly sales, not including the aforementioned Idolmaster CDs:

Single CD (rankings 10-)
10, 28,219 *28,218 Ozuma "Neverland"
11, 23,763 *23,763 Fate/Zero 2nd Season "to the beginning"
21, *5,643 158,503 Doraemon: Nobita and the Miracle Island - Animal Adventure "Ikiteru Ikiteku"
24, *4,405 **4,405 Hatsune Miku "Yumeyume"
25, *4,309 **4,309 Hiiro no Kakera "Nee"
31, *2,152 **2,152 Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon Character Song vol.1
33, *2,004 **2,004 Acchi Kocchi "Acchi de Kocchi de"
42, *1,654 *15,551 Taketatsu Ayana "Sinfonia! Sinfonia!!!"
49, *1,391 **1,391 Acchi Kocchi "Te wo Gyu Shitene"

Album CD
*4, 12,690 12,690 Miyano Mamoru "Fantasista"
*5, 10,274 64,183 ClariS "Birthday"
24, *3,470 *3,470 Strike Witches The Movie theme songs
42, *2,135 18,156 Rin & Len "Vocalogemini"
47, *1,923 *8,584 Aoi Eir "Prayer"

FYI, in comparison, oath sign debuted at 44,759 first week sales.

wonzo

Banned
Oh yeah, more data from the weekly sales, not including the aforementioned Idolmaster CDs:

Single CD (rankings 10-)
10, 28,219 *28,218 Ozuma "Neverland"
11, 23,763 *23,763 Fate/Zero 2nd Season "to the beginning"
21, *5,643 158,503 Doraemon: Nobita and the Miracle Island - Animal Adventure "Ikiteru Ikiteku"
24, *4,405 **4,405 Hatsune Miku "Yumeyume"
25, *4,309 **4,309 Hiiro no Kakera "Nee"
31, *2,152 **2,152 Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon Character Song vol.1
33, *2,004 **2,004 Acchi Kocchi "Acchi de Kocchi de"
42, *1,654 *15,551 Taketatsu Ayana "Sinfonia! Sinfonia!!!"
49, *1,391 **1,391 Acchi Kocchi "Te wo Gyu Shitene"

Album CD
*4, 12,690 12,690 Miyano Mamoru "Fantasista"
*5, 10,274 64,183 ClariS "Birthday"
24, *3,470 *3,470 Strike Witches The Movie theme songs
42, *2,135 18,156 Rin & Len "Vocalogemini"
47, *1,923 *8,584 Aoi Eir "Prayer"

FYI, in comparison, oath sign debuted at 44,759 first week sales.
fate/zero s2 bomba confirmed

Nah, the scale is different. Horizon is a garbage franchise that will be forgotten in a few years. Its not like its a Bakemonogatari level success. It might get a sequel but it will peter out eventually.

Gundam on the other hand, is a 30+ year old franchise that was one of the most beloved in Japan. It bombing hard is probably causing ulcers at Bandai.
Good point. The next Gundam series is probably going to be oozing with yaoi and melodrama. :| Unless they make Gundam: The Origin.

Nichijou 25

Guinea! The skit with Mio running everyehere was epic, slipping betwixt trains even. "You never know whats gonna happen, that's baseball." The rest were dull, I want Go Soccer again before this is over.

duckroll

http://www.apollon-jazz.com/

The samples for every single track is up now, including information about who composed what.

Yoko Kanno - Tracks 1, 2, 7, 8, 9, 10, 14, 15, 17, 22
mabanua - Tracks 11, 20
Takashi Matsunaga - Track 19

Jazz Standards - Tracks 3, 4, 5, 6, 12, 13, 16, 18, 21, 23, 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom