• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimadrago

One Piece to rule them all...

I'm so sorry!

SZknz.png

2/10!
You should feel ashaaaamed!

Who in AnimeGAF is confirmed for the watching of this?

cajunator

Banned
You saying these words...

You have to know that I'm slightly curious now.

My city has an international music festival that has been voted one of the best in the world. It draws like a half million people to our city of 120k and is pretty much one of the greatest things ever. Its the one thing every year that I DO NOT EVER MISS.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I started one piece a while back. On EP 69 now.

Marine officer/pirate captain coats are snazzy as fuck.

Jex

Man, the one series I actually get the Blu Rays for is the one that under no circumstances can I watch in the living room. (Yamada's First Time or H Yada B Gata or whatever the fuck it's called)

It's a pity your living room isn't classy enough to handle such a title.

cajunator

Banned
F/Z really is amazing with the music. I have a feeling this season is going to have some great pieces by the end of it.

The music CD in the first boxset is a very nice compilation. Cant wait to hear whatever they have in the second. Shit I'm so excited for it!

Jex

What makes me even happier is that it's not just the anime BD/DVDs which are super bomba. The entire franchise is a fucking disaster for Level-5 and Bandai in general. The model kits aren't selling, there aren't any good insert songs or OP/EDs, the manga spin-offs and side stories totally tanked, etc. Nothing, I repeat, NOTHING about Gundam AGE is anything close to even a decent success.

Hey Hino-san, karma's a bitch eh? :)

This post contains a dangerous amount of gloating, duckroll.

Makoto

Accel World 1-3

Episode 1 made accelerating seem like it was some super exclusive program that only a handful of people knew about, but the introduction of the Burst Link and that one senior chick mentioning
it could be used to manipulate real world happenings like sports or financial exchanges implies that accelerating is pretty popular.
So I have to ask the question, shouldn't this be... illegal? Sure,
no adults are able to access the program but there's no way I can believe that 1,000 teenagers
have kept quiet about this.

Put me in the minority that finds the male lead endearing. Thanks to his character design, I can sympathize with his woe-is-me attitude, as opposed to your typical handsome male lead who wallows in his voluntary loneliness and pessimism about the world. I can admit that he can be a moron a la episode 3 where he asks Taku,
"HEY, YOU THINK YOUR GIRLFRIEND IS CAPABLE OF BEING A MANIPULATIVE BITCH, I'M JUST ASKING BECAUSE I WANTED YOUR OBVIOUSLY UNBIASED INPUT, AMIRITE?"
He's also a character that is begging to be voiced by Greg Ayres.

The rules seem weird. For example,
Black Lotus was able to challenge the other Level 9's and when she was overwhelmed, she merely linked out but retained the program? What about the part where those who challenge Level 9's to become a Level 10 lose all access to the program upon being defeated? So merely linking out before shit really hits the fan is the loophole we all have to remember?
Maybe Viz Media/Hulu's subtitles are crap (they kinda are) and I missed something there.

I'd prefer they just kept the concept of accelerating as an underground ability as I'm more interested in the implications of using such a program rather than the whole fighting game stuff that the people have to endure to use it in the first place.

Since I'm so curious about accelerating, I imagine I'll be sticking with this show until the finale. Though, I can't imagine a true ending to this being anything but stupid.

Accel World 1-3Put me in the minority that finds the male lead endearing. Thanks to his character design, I can sympathize with his woe-is-me attitude, as opposed to your typical handsome male lead who wallows in his voluntary loneliness and pessimism about the world. I can admit that he can be a moron a la episode 3 where he asks Taku,
"HEY, YOU THINK YOUR GIRLFRIEND IS CAPABLE OF BEING A MANIPULATIVE BITCH, I'M JUST ASKING BECAUSE I WANTED YOUR OBVIOUSLY UNBIASED INPUT, AMIRITE?"
He's also a character that is begging to be voiced by Greg Ayres.

I completely agree. The character design really justifies his attitude and makes him pretty endearing.

DiGiKerot

Blu-ray
*1, 15,988 15,988 Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon vol.5 Limited Edition

Single CD
*4, 37,326 *37,326 The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Master vol.2 Anzu
*6, 33,453 *33,453 The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Master vol.1 Rin
*7, 33,352 *33,352 The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Master vol.4 Kaede
*8, 32,116 *32,116 The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Master vol.3 Kanako
*9, 30,145 *30,145 The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Master vol.5 Rika

Being the worst kind of nerd, these were pretty much my anime purchases for this week, along with the weirdy Sacred Seven Naito-centric re-edit movie thingy I've not got around to looking at yet and no-one seems to care about. That Horizon BD actually came with a 180-page "short" story...

Those iM@S CDs are a really odd situation - they're all filler characters from the iM@S card-game like mobile game, yet all five of them have outsold pretty much any other iM@S CD that's been released outside of the anime OPs (I think the Anzu CD has out-sold the K-On character CDs as well).

Obviously, there's some special circumstances to the situation - those CDs are really, really cheap - like, 700 yen a piece. That's about half the price of a regular single, and a little over a third of the price of a mainline iM@S character CD. They also come with what I gather to be "DLC"/unlock codes for the mobile game or something, which may well be what people are actually after.

The best-seller, Anzu, coincidently, is the games "Hagu" character - supposedly 17, looks like a 10 year old, supposedly a NEET (that's what her songs lyrics look to be about, anyway). Voiced by the banana-girl from that Listen to me Girls thing I didn't watch. The song itself sounds like a pretty brash Mosaic.wav kind of song. Actually, all five of the singles swing way more akiba-kei than regular iM@S music does.

Still, pretty impressive that five singles from a tangential spin-off to an otaku property managed to break the top 10 singles sales in the same week.

Accel World 1-3

Episode 1 made accelerating seem like it was some super exclusive program that only a handful of people knew about, but the introduction of the Burst Link and that one senior chick mentioning
it could be used to manipulate real world happenings like sports or financial exchanges implies that accelerating is pretty popular.
So I have to ask the question, shouldn't this be... illegal? Sure,
no adults are able to access the program but there's no way I can believe that 1,000 teenagers
have kept quiet about this..

How could it be illegal if there is no one to enforce it? Though it seems like the rules of the program serve as some sort of regulation force, unless theres an Accel World police force? Really since there seem to be no adverse effects in the unaccelerated world, cant see any cause for alarm, if I was living in the world with a neuro link.

cajunator

Banned
Being the worst kind of nerd, these were pretty much my anime purchases for this week, along with the weirdy Sacred Seven Naito-centric re-edit movie thingy I've not got around to looking at yet and no-one seems to care about. That Horizon BD actually came with a 180-page "short" story...

Those iM@S CDs are a really odd situation - they're all filler characters from the iM@S card-game like mobile game, yet all five of them have outsold pretty much any other iM@S CD that's been released outside of the anime OPs (I think the Anzu CD has out-sold the K-On character CDs as well).

Obviously, there's some special circumstances to the situation - those CDs are really, really cheap - like, 700 yen a piece. That's about half the price of a regular single, and a little over a third of the price of a mainline iM@S character CD. They also come with what I gather to be "DLC"/unlock codes for the mobile game or something, which may well be what people are actually after.

The best-seller, Anzu, coincidently, is the games "Hagu" character - supposedly 17, looks like a 10 year old, supposedly a NEET (that's what her songs lyrics look to be about, anyway). Voiced by the banana-girl from that Listen to me Girls thing I didn't watch. The song itself sounds like a pretty brash Mosaic.wav kind of song. Actually, all five of the singles swing way more akiba-kei than regular iM@S music does.

Still, pretty impressive that five singles from a tangential spin-off to an otaku property managed to break the top 10 singles sales in the same week.

I envy you guys who can understand Japanese. Honestly if I knew enough to watch shows without subtitles, I would gladly import things just for the extra schwag. So much stuff the US doesnt get when it licenses something. I really feel like Im missing out sometimes :(
Like the Fate Zero box. It costs a bit of money but like the Madoka set I really feel like the extra stuff makes it more collectible and fun. Its also very high quality and the artwork everywhere is just so nice to look at. I may very soon start trying to at least attempt to learn some japanese so that I can enjoy this long time hobby to its fullest.
I just wonder if I can do it and if you guys know of some good programs/CDs/ whatever that teach it well. Im fully aware that its very difficult to learn.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

I see a lot more fanart for those five characters than I do any of the other several dozen Dearly Stars characters, so it seems that the iM@S fanbase has latched onto Anzu, Kanako, Rin and the others on some level. Of course, the price and the social game bonuses have something to do with the sales, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of these characters eventually graduate from the mobile game into the main franchise.

Ryuukan

I envy you guys who can understand Japanese. Honestly if I knew enough to watch shows without subtitles, I would gladly import things just for the extra schwag. So much stuff the US doesnt get when it licenses something. I really feel like Im missing out sometimes :(
Like the Fate Zero box. It costs a bit of money but like the Madoka set I really feel like the extra stuff makes it more collectible and fun. Its also very high quality and the artwork everywhere is just so nice to look at. I may very soon start trying to at least attempt to learn some japanese so that I can enjoy this long time hobby to its fullest.
I just wonder if I can do it and if you guys know of some good programs/CDs/ whatever that teach it well. Im fully aware that its very difficult to learn.

Horizon Blurays have English subs.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I see a lot more fanart for those five characters than I do any of the other several dozen Dearly Stars characters, so it seems that the iM@S fanbase has latched onto Anzu, Kanako, Rin and the others on some level.
It sounds like you really have your hand on the pulse of the Idolm@ster community.

Cwarrior

Not everything with an abundance of breasts actually sells as well as Horizon!

Horizon has pretty much everything it ticks a lot of those boxes

ninjas,mechas,magical girls,robot girls,incest,some black guy with a turban and curry,incest,bishes,big boobs,flat chest,teachers,lolis,animal ears,shymoe,loudmouthmoe,thatmoe where girls talk like soul less machines moe and tons of others i missed cause I've only seen episode 1.

DiGiKerot

I don't actually understand that much Japanese (certainly not enough to read the Horizon novel, though I can just about follow along with a moderate-complexity show), rather I'm just crazy. Or don't mind playing a BD with an external subtitle file on occasion.

Those Horizon BDs are actually subtitled for the main feature, though, like pretty much every Sunrise release that's been streamed outside Japan in the last year.

I see a lot more fanart for those five characters than I do any of the other several dozen Dearly Stars characters, so it seems that the iM@S fanbase has latched onto Anzu, Kanako, Rin and the others on some level. Of course, the price and the social game bonuses have something to do with the sales, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of these characters eventually graduate from the mobile game into the main franchise.

Yeah. It's not something I tend to make a habit of doing, but I was browsing Pixiv the other day, and the amount of Anzu artwork in particular is pretty crazy right now. Given that they've now gone to the trouble of selecting voice actresses for the characters, I wouldn't be shocked if we see them elsewhere, if perhaps only as DLC performers for PS3 iM@S2 now that they've ran through the characters from the DS game.

That Horizon BD actually came with a 180-page "short" story...

Now, I'm not that surprised about how much Horizon sold this week. Besides the whole boobs, cause I think this is actually the volume that covers the boobs fight, including one of Horizon's incredibly big short stories would definitely drive up the sales.

DiGiKerot

Now, I'm not that surprised about how much Horizon sold this week. Besides the whole boobs, cause I think this is actually the volume that covers the boobs fight, including one of Horizon's incredibly big short stories would definitely drive up the sales.

There's actually a character song CD in there as well, now that I think about it. Say what you want about the show, but the BDs are almost as stacked as the characters are!

Makoto

How could it be illegal if there is no one to enforce it? Though it seems like the rules of the program serve as some sort of regulation force, unless theres an Accel World police force? Really since there seem to be no adverse effects in the unaccelerated world, cant see any cause for alarm, if I was living in the world with a neuro link.
When you've got a program that can slow down time and only teenagers can use it, the authorities would have to get involved sooner or later and outlaw its use. I would imagine one of the purposes of acceleration is to leave no traces of its use behind which is what makes it that much more dangerous.

I suppose the one thing I was confused about since it wasn't really addressed in episode one is can those who are accelerated interact with the unaccelerated world or do they just sit back and observe? Maybe I'm approaching the concept as the former in that I think it's a matter manipulation sort of thing when really its just the latter and its a method of creating alternate/virtual worlds separate from the real world. Edit: If it's the latter, then I can understand how society doesn't need to be alarmed.

cajunator

Banned
I was just over on the dreaded gaming side and found a Little Nemo Dream Master thread. Holy shit that game was amazing and should have an anime made of it. I would pay stupid amounts of money for an anime adaptation, and I mean more than just that little movie that was made.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I was just over on the dreaded gaming side and found a Little Nemo Dream Master thread. Holy shit that game was amazing and should have an anime made of it. I would pay stupid amounts of money for an anime adaptation, and I mean more than just that little movie that was made.

Game was based on an anime. A BAD anime. >_>

So you bought the Horizon BDs? What exactly did you find so compelling about the show that made you want to spend money on it?

Toriko 51

Aw man, they made the fact (minor manga spoilers)
Melk is a woman
pretty obvious.
Was a lot more ambiguous in the manga, but we were lead to believe she's a guy prior to a certain scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom