• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Sales for Gundam Unicorn so far (DVD+BD combined):
Vol1 - 183,726
Vol2 - 183,315
Vol3 - 176,311
Vol4 - 181,803

The only sales figures for Gundam AGE so far (BD only, DVD doesn't even chart):
Vol1 - 2,343
Vol2 - 1,655
Vol3 - 1,380

At this rate even if Gundam AGE is a hundred volumes long, the ENTIRE SERIES will not be able to outsell a single volume of Gundam Unicorn! :D

Vol1 - 183,726
Vol2 - 183,315
Vol3 - 176,311
Vol4 - 181,803

Vol1 - 2,343
Vol2 - 1,655
Vol3 - 1,380

At this rate even if Gundam AGE is a hundred volumes long, the ENTIRE SERIES will not be able to outsell a single volume of Gundam Unicorn! :D

Shame that I liked Age's MC more than Unicorns =/

When is the next unicorn?

zeroshiki

Vol1 - 183,726
Vol2 - 183,315
Vol3 - 176,311
Vol4 - 181,803

Vol1 - 2,343
Vol2 - 1,655
Vol3 - 1,380

The schaudenfreude is palpable.

Vol1 - 183,726
Vol2 - 183,315
Vol3 - 176,311
Vol4 - 181,803

Vol1 - 2,343
Vol2 - 1,655
Vol3 - 1,380

Holy crap. I wasn't aware that Unicorn was selling that well.

zeroshiki

Most probably, actual UC fans had been waiting a long time for a legit new entry into the timeline and got unleashed like rabid dogs. The author of the Unicorn novels is also some kind of well known SF author so that helped with the story.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー! 2

Not as good as the first ep, but at least we have Kuko now to liven things up!

(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー! 3

Better than the first episode, excellent, Nyaruko has such wonderful
knee pits.

next episode should be even awesomer, since we get Cthulhu, Hastur, and the MC's mom all in the same episode.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
http://www.apollon-jazz.com/

The samples for every single track is up now, including information about who composed what.

Yoko Kanno - Tracks 1, 2, 7, 8, 9, 10, 14, 15, 17, 22
mabanua - Tracks 11, 20
Takashi Matsunaga - Track 19

Jazz Standards - Tracks 3, 4, 5, 6, 12, 13, 16, 18, 21, 23, 24

I feel like I might get shit on for this, but I'll speak my mind.

My brother is a fan of Jazz music and I was going to tell him about this anime.

Some of these tracks don't sound good. A lot of the tracks feel sterile. It's almost like their isn't any soul in the music. It's flat.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
My Older Sister Can't Be This Shounenbro Part IV:

Fairy Tail 07:

Every single battle in this show makes me rage. The characters' powers are wildly inconsistent and are generally either arbitrarily nerfed or powered up based on what most benefits the plot. Natsu's strongest attack for the entire series is going to be IT'S THE ARC CLIMAX.

Fairy Tail 08:

71jvZl.jpg

This is the moment when good shounen introduces a twist and things actually go to shit for our intrepid heroes. But FT? HELL YEAH, WE CURBSTOMPED THAT GUY. DONE LIKE DINNER. LET'S PARTY! Natsu lookin' kinda Luffy there.

Fairy Tail 09:

This felt like filler. The material that I know is canon wasn't perceptibly better than this episode, so it's hard to tell!

It was actually kind of a fun episode, if only because I like Fairy Tail's incredibly manic comedy and I got to hear lots of Hirano Aya talking a mile a minute.

Basically, the plot was something about everyone being lost in the wilderness and being really hungry. That's all fine and good, but they overdid the stomach growling sound effects to the point that everyone just sounded like they had diarrhea. Not cute, Erza.

MY LEGEND BEGINS IN THE TWELFTH CENTURY

My sister asked if this scene was a Fullmetal Alchemist reference and thought that
the villains were trying to turn everyone into a philosopher's stone

Fairy Tail steals from Bleach confirmed.

Naruto SD 04
0WPCm.gif

Okama Kenpo go!
Pretty good episode. I liked the first one with trying to prove Guy innocent and his ripped offnew kenpo style. The second part started decently with Thousand Year of Pain, but kinda kept going with that and got ridiculous at the end.

Ultimadrago

My Older Sister Can't Be This Shounenbro Part IV:

My sister asked if this scene was a Fullmetal Alchemist reference and thought that
the villains were trying to turn everyone into a philosopher's stone

JackNicholsonYes.gif

In the process of obtaining her brother's shounenbro levels, it is in the blood!

Zetman 4

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I fucking knew they were going to cut out the mansion party arc. I fuckin knew it! reopiwnlcvvnjtreiotpqsmnl;ashjoireqyjhoinhbklfxnjgosjutopeiwgyopiadsoibjodsflkhknlgnklopoiopyoiggoisda8tyweqdfokishhoigbdfiohdsg.mkashnkjr69805-4790-kbvlnrg

We are now on chapter 70 of the manga. Chapter 70! This is episode 4! This pacing, man >_>

On the plus side, braces moe has arrived!

9wFL1.jpg

madp

The Light of El Cantare
JackNicholsonYes.gif

In the process of obtaining her brother's shounenbro levels!

It's not like my shounenbro levels are anything impressive, though! cosmic would take me down in a few punches and DTL could kill me just with his aura.

I was amused at the FMA connection, though. I can actually kind of understand the reasoning considering that
the FT crew were in a mysteriously-abandoned town for most of the episode
!

It's not like my shounenbro levels are anything impressive, though! cosmic would take me down in a few punches and DTL could kill me just with his aura.

I was amused at the FMA connection, though. I can actually kind of understand the reasoning considering that
the FT crew were in a mysteriously-abandoned town for most of the episode
!

Why do people keep saying I am below DTL in shounen power :/

duckroll

I feel like I might get shit on for this, but I'll speak my mind.

My brother is a fan of Jazz music and I was going to tell him about this anime.

Some of these tracks don't sound good. A lot of the tracks feel sterile. It's almost like their isn't any soul in the music. It's flat.

Do you mind explaining why? I don't really feel I know enough about music to make comments other than "it sounds good to me" and so on. :(

Diablos54

Zetman 4

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I fucking knew they were going to cut out the mansion party arc. I fuckin knew it! reopiwnlcvvnjtreiotpqsmnl;ashjoireqyjhoinhbklfxnjgosjutopeiwgyopiadsoibjodsflkhknlgnklopoiopyoiggoisda8tyweqdfokishhoigbdfiohdsg.mkashnkjr69805-4790-kbvlnrg

We are now on chapter 70 of the manga. Chapter 70! This is episode 4! This pacing, man >_>
Whaaaaaaaa!? Explain! Why did they cut out a whole arc!? I'm guessing that was why there was a 2 year skip?

Ultimadrago

Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage 1 (Ep.13)

C'mon guys, at least TRY to change up the damn OP. Seriously.

AJwfV.jpg

Eda and Revy are sexy rivals in crime.

Mysterious killings are going on around town, it has become such a problem that even the local gangs are willing to fight back-to-back in order to find the culprit(s).

The gang of course, decides to drink it off first.

The title said it all, but "Killer vampire twins"?

Black Lagoon, you can do better than this.

At least they brought some needed gore to the table. I expect them to be gone by next episode so we can leave this idea behind!

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Do you mind explaining why? I don't really feel I know enough about music to make comments other than "it sounds good to me" and so on. :(

I don't know. It is this weird feeling, but something is missing. Real Jazz I find resonates with a soul that reaches the listener. It's like someone playing Blue's music that hasn't gone through a lot.

A great composer can write a great piece of music, a musician that can play every note plays the music given to them, but it still won't sound the same as a decently composed song played by someone that is pouring their everything into the music.

It's hard to explain.

I like experimentation in music as well. I bought and enjoyed Yo-Yo Ma's The Goat Rodeo Sessions CD and enjoyed the hell out of it. Some of the sounds mixed here seem kind of off, or maybe the highs of the Sax are being flattened, I'm not sure.

I fail to see any problem... :p

So did anything important actually happen in that arc or does it not matter?

In the context of the show, it probably doesn't matter. A ton of things have already been changed and it's definitely going to have an original ending.

In the context of the manga, hell yeah important stuff happens.

duckroll

How can there be negative impressions when almost nobody is watching it? lol

This was the first few episodes, where he was trying to convince people that it "gets good" and that they should keep watching. At first it was up to episode 3, then it was I think up to episode 8 or something. He kept moving goal posts, until it was clear that the show was a failure and I think he gave up and started ignoring people who tweeted him telling him how bad the show was.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Mirai Nikki 9-10

So
Fourth finally shows his (obvious) true face
, and we get badass
Akise
and
tsundere Minene
. Awesome.

And then another troll sequence with Yukki and Yuno. Koroviev said it earlier: this show's totally schizophrenic, bwahaha.

duckroll

I don't know. It is this weird feeling, but something is missing. Real Jazz I find resonates with a soul that reaches the listener. It's like someone playing Blue's music that hasn't gone through a lot.

A great composer can write a great piece of music, a musician that can play every note plays the music given to them, but it still won't sound the same as a decently composed song played by someone that is pouring their everything into the music.

It's hard to explain.

But that's the same thing they said in the show! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom