• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AKB 0048 what ever the fuck the latest eps

bunny1.jpg
LMFAO

lucha libre kid terrorist. Didn't know AKB had a shota fanbase. Weirdos. Kids should be playing call of dutys instead.

And why are the DES folks attacking an entertainment union or w/e planet? who the fuck cares!

Stock idol missile footage! Ahahahahaha.

I'm still not sure what this show is. A promotional tool? A recruiting tool? A satire?

Also, i never had long hair but something about this is weird...

wonzo

Banned
Nichibros >>> cromartie
hell no

The Blood-C movie made 32,037,000yen in the first 2 days of release in cinemas on 24 screens. Not a flop at all. Saya protected the box office. For comparisons, the first 2 days of Strike Witches made 40,000,000yen on the same number of screens. But Blood-C performed better than the Gurren Lagann movies and the Eden of the East movies.

It also performed much better than total bombas like Redline, which made only 26,00,000yen in the first 3 days of release. Lol.
this isn't the saya i know and love :(

duckroll

this isn't the saya i know and love :(

I made a terrible error on Redline. I think that was the Hollywood movie instead. The anime Redline MEGABOMBED even harder. Here are recent anime bombas:

Welcome to the Space Show
21 screens, 2 day total: 9030 tickets - 13,766,700yen

Redline
56 screens, 2 day total: 8938 tickets - 12,700,800yen

Niji-Iro Hotaru
107 screens, 2 day total: 9652 tickets - 11,918,600yen

wonzo

Banned
I made a terrible error on Redline. I think that was the Hollywood movie instead. The anime Redline MEGABOMBED even harder. Here are recent anime bombas:

Redline

Niji-Iro Hotaru
oh wow redline was a complete and utter failure. lmao

7 years hand drawn black money hole

Redline

Niji-Iro Hotaru

Sakuga doesn't sell. Poor Niji-Iro.

1stStrike

Banned
Major%20Season%20Four.jpg

So, I'm on episode 8 of Major.

What the hell. This is turning me into an emotional train wreck. I heard this was a good anime, but never expected something centered on baseball to to be this well done plot-wise. The story and characters are great, but damn if this shit isn't sad.

duckroll

A Letter to Momo
276 screens, 2 day total: 61,908 tickets - 77,510,600yen

While that might look pretty good, it's actually really bad relative to the wide release it got. 276 screens nationwide, and it couldn't even beat the Haruhi movie on 24 screens (89,010,100yen).

The Blood-C movie made 32,037,000yen in the first 2 days of release in cinemas on 24 screens. Not a flop at all. Saya protected the box office. For comparisons, the first 2 days of Strike Witches made 40,000,000yen on the same number of screens. But Blood-C performed better than the Gurren Lagann movies and the Eden of the East movies.

It also performed much better than total bombas like Redline... which.... well:

Redline

Niji-Iro Hotaru

BOMBAS!
A Letter to Momo
276 screens, 2 day total: 61,908 tickets - 77,510,600yen

While that might look pretty good, it's actually really bad relative to the wide release it got. 276 screens nationwide, and it couldn't even beat the Haruhi movie on 24 screens (89,010,100yen).
Goddamn it, Japan. -_-

Tales of the Abyss 13
PdSsC.jpg

I'd board you anytime Noelle.
Boring episode is boring. Just a bunch of political intrigue and shit. They really simplified this part of the story, so I guess there won't be any Frings and Cecile romance here, which sucks. I always feel sad when the king
disowns Natalia.
I wonder how uncomfortable it would be to sleep in armor like this, and is this guy wearing a cowboy hat? I'm having a hard time remembering what comes next in the story after they escape, as I doubt they'll bother with the swamp, as it really doesn't pertain to the story much. Preview shown Arietta, so I guess it could be good.
CzV3Z.jpg

God those characters are so weird.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Smile Precure 18:

Well, they can't all be winners.
Literally!
This was really just an inspirational message episode without any of the fun character interaction and was a waste of a Nao episode.
I get it, she runs fast. Give her some actual character.
The
tragic end
was kind of a surprise, but other than that this was probably the most non-notable episode of Smile Precure yet.

Next week looks incredibly
;________________;
, though. Dat
Yayoi pandering.

zjBk0l.jpg

Reason #4385 that Yayoi panders to otaku.

Also, a small spoiler for upcoming weeks: http://i.imgur.com/5yeL9l.jpg
Looks like Pierrot's getting a unicorn horn up his ass at some point.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I don't understand your question.
I don't want to spoil the anime for you, since I don't know when this event supposedly happens in the anime... mostly because of how silly the event is in the grand scheme of things. But apparently something happens to a character that is reminiscent of
Adachi
. Which in itself is a spoiler. lol

Also, a small spoiler for upcoming weeks: http://i.imgur.com/5yeL9l.jpg
Looks like Pierrot's getting a unicorn horn up his ass at some point.

Yes, more
plastic shit to buy!

1stStrike

Banned
I don't want to spoil the anime for you, since I don't know when this event supposedly happens in the anime... mostly because of how silly the event is in the grand scheme of things. But apparently something happens to a character that is reminiscent of
Adachi
. Which in itself is a spoiler. lol

I'm on episode 11 and I have no idea who Adachi is, so I guess it doesn't matter.

Gundam Seed HD 16

Cut through it with your signature move, Gundam! Cagalli is a nice character. The romance aspect of this anime is so compelling. Poor Sai
I feel he may die by the end
. But it would be awesome if somehow
Flay didnt forever end up with Kira and someone else did, Cagalli?
. If I was in his situation Id be more focused on friendships though, Ahtrun plot.

Yzak is perfectly healthy? Impressive

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm on episode 11 and I have no idea who Adachi is, so I guess it doesn't matter.
Well, something really dumb happens to a character that's supposed to be tragic. But the way I've heard it described to me makes it sound like the most hilarious thing to ever happen in a sports anime... even more than the absurdity of the brother junk in The Knight in the Area.

wonzo

Banned
Well, something really dumb happens to a character that's supposed to be tragic. But the way I've heard it described to me makes it sound like the most hilarious thing to ever happen in a sports anime... even more than the absurdity of the brother junk in The Knight in the Area.
i highly doubt that such a thing is even possible

ZetaEpyon

What? No. Major doesn't have nonsense like that.

1stStrike

Banned

What? No. Major doesn't have nonsense like that.

I'm going to go with Zeta on this one. The only death in the anime so far has been anything but funny and was quite tragic.

I'm still early in the anime, considering how many seasons of it there are, but it doesn't seem like it's going to disappoint in the story department. Like I said before, I was skeptical at first with this being a sports anime, but this is sports anime done right. Really surprised by how engrossed I am already.

Oniisama e 1

Silhouette faces
All female high school
Wide-eyed outsider
Evil scheming bitches
Androgynous ladies with squealing fangirls
DESTINY
High society
Piano playing
Umbrellas
Pill popping
Thunder
Postcards
Dezaki
FABULOUS

Bring it!

Risette

A Good Citizen
So uh, Lain blu-ray. Maybe someone here knows?

Otaku USA claims Funimation should have it out 'now'.
Funimation plans to release it & they have the new masters. Their streaming version of Lain uses the new masters. No date or any solid plans of release though.

That's good new, hopefully they get the rights for Haibane Renmei too. Oh wait. :(

There have been recent rumblings (mostly from an Otaku USA article) that Funi is planning on releasing Haibane Renmei and Lain this upcoming September.

They still have a number of rescues from Geneon that they haven't released yet but didn't let the licenses die out.

Tales of the Abyss 14
K1dg7.jpg

Even Natalia is disappointed with E3 so far.
And they continue to diverge from the game, but I love how they've actually made Noelle more of a party member here. There has been one major plot hole that bugs me. Where did the people they saved from St.Bina go? Are they all still on the Albiore? I guess with trying to fit the whole story into 26 episodes you have to cut things out and such... Basically this episode was about how Guy learns why he has a girl phobia in the first place, and makes steps to get over it. And then at the end we learn Luke doesn't understand women while Tear feels herself up. I have no idea what is going to happen in the next episode since the previews didn't make any sense...
lxf51.jpg

Guy playing with the new Playstation Move Racing Wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom