• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonZ

Smile PreCure 18

This episode seemed pretty bland initially - The protagonists end up running together for a competition and Yayoi thinks that she can't do it. The humor seemed worse than average even and the animation had no highlights. Yet, in the end, the episode itself was still at least average due to some unexpected moments -
mostly Yayoi hearing her classmates talking behind her back and also Nao's failure in the ending.

Those events aren't really that special, but they were just so out of place for this series they hit harder than usual, like when Yayoi just froze right before opening the door to the classroom and stood there, before leaving silently. I've seen several variations of that scene, but didn't expect it in this show.

Next episode seems to be fairly serious too considering some of the shots in the preview. It'd be interesting to see the show having a slow tone change, although I guess these two episodes coming right after each other are just coincidences and we'll be back to the standard humorous hijincks in two weeks.

Ultimadrago

kjFor.jpg

qQFzg.jpg

Gundam Seed HD 15

Fly to a new stage gundam! Fun episode on the battlefield, its almost like Kira is an X-rounder at least the way they presented one scene
when he went all series to destroy the missiles targeting archangel

But romance in Gundam!?!
Flay was like naked in his room. I didnt think he liked her in that way to go that far with her, and then those random cut in scenes. Just why Flay
:/

Grzi

Toradora!

This was really good. I'm actually surprised how much I liked it seeing that I enjoy action shows the most. The characters were extremely lovable, and I kind of miss their antics already. I marathoned the show in like 5 days, so that also says something about how much I liked it. But yeah, visually this was great, the direction was on point most of the time and the use of music was really good too.

Taiga for life yo.

8/10

7Th

Next episode seems to be fairly serious too considering some of the shots in the preview. It'd be interesting to see the show having a slow tone change, although I guess these two episodes coming right after each other are just coincidences and we'll be back to the standard humorous hijincks in two weeks.

We are 5~ episodes away from the Pierrot revival, though.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Ace o Nerae! Movie (1979):

This film singlehandedly convinced me never to watch anything else in the franchise ever again. Even if
you-know-what
didn't happen, I ask myself if I would have understood what was going on in the film if I hadn't seen the series beforehand. I'm honestly not sure, because the content was largely a series of training montages strung together like a slapdash highlight reel from the series without boiling the narrative down to a cohesive film-length size. All of the elements that made me enjoy the first series were largely obliterated.

Abashiri Ikka 1-4:

I can safely say that this is the worst anime that I've ever watched to completion. I want to fly to Japan just to punch Go Nagai in the face.

Tales of the Abyss 12
Pretty good episode. Largo spliting trees in half, Natalia shooting shit, Guy vs. Luke, the first half was pretty intense. The second half has to deal with more political drama, with how we learn Guy is a Malkuth Count and that Luke and co. are the only ones that can save St. Bina due to government bureaucracy. Oh yeah, and cute pigs. At the very end St. Bina starts to collapse and in the sky appears the Albiore. So I guess they decided to skip the whole part of getting that thing from the game, sine I always thought it was really weird.
9xOkt.jpg

Cute girls doing cute things.

cajunator

Banned
Space Bros 10

Well this was an interesting episode. Really can't wait for the next one.
DAT CG BUS.

Also, did anyone else think that girl on the bus looks like someone from Apollon?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Sankarea 1-3

Well that was great stuff. Looks like I got nowhere to go but downhill from here according to you folks.

PS - Where did everybody's avatar go?

jman2050

Toradora!

This was really good. I'm actually surprised how much I liked it seeing that I enjoy action shows the most. The characters were extremely lovable, and I kind of miss their antics already. I marathoned the show in like 5 days, so that also says something about how much I liked it. But yeah, visually this was great, the direction was on point most of the time and the use of music was really good too.

Taiga for life yo.

8/10

fA8vC.jpg

I approve

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Toradora!

Taiga for life yo.

8/10

You're a good person.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Good thinking, but I don't have my avatar saved on this computer, so I guess I'll just have to post the source.

Oh wait, that's probably not the best thing to do...

Mad Pierrot
(Today, 02:44 PM)

FbsuJ.png

You can just use this for the time being:

hQnpe.png

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
At least KyoAni doesn't regurgitate the same tripe again and again despite using similar aesthetics.

Wait, Endless Eight. Never mind!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I dunno but I blame KyoAni

Success of Haruhi and K-On! create explosion of moeshit anime -> Japanese gamers increasingly buy moe games -> moe games increasingly sell badly in the west -> western gamers turn to shooters because of the lack of alternative -> shooters take over gaming.

Makes sense.

Ben Ettinger finally got back to his Fujikoike coverage.

Once again: he's finding a whole bunch of bullshit complaints to fill in for some more interesting insight. Confusing script? It was perfectly fine to read and follow along with. OOC behavior? Watch the Osumi episodes that the last two episodes have been paying homage to—Lupin shot people in those episodes too, and there was still time for the usual character relationships to take play. Erratic directing for Fujiko? I thought the moment with her, Shintoto, and the lingering thought of L.Y.A. in her mind was a real shocker, literally at that!

This is truly the most divisive Lupin production ever made. Everyone's going bonkers about it, though, and it's certainly amongst the most memorable Lupin productions yet made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom