• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm using the wrong term there but sometimes it seems like stuff is happening too quickly and for no apparent reason. What stood out to me was the entire scene where Pycal leaps from the plane to land on Lupin's car. If I remember right he's on the plane, then on the roof, then the next cut he's inside the car with a gun to Lupin's head. There was a suddenness to it I found rather offputting. It very well could be it was intentional to help enhance Pycal's ethereal qualities or it might have been a matter of animation time or budget constraints. I couldn't say as I'm giving it more thought now than I did previously however my stance on this isn't horribly rigid though and might change by the time I've worked through the show.

I know what you're talking about, and Osumi can get a little hectic at times with his directing-cum-editing. But it's sequences like those that let the viewer fill in the blanks with more intensity—he certainly treats his audience as the intelligent, genuinely-immersed viewers they probably are for a show like Lupin III. That quick-cutting and often-times non-linear storytelling is one big reason I like the Osumi episodes, as they allow Osumi to get straight to the character scenes quickly and with brevity. He doesn't have a straightforward approach because he came from a puppet theatre background, and this figures into his directing approach not just for Lupin, but for Moomin and the other early-TMS stuff he did (plus Hashire Melos! many, many years later).
Trust me: the first episode felt rushed in areas, but the Osumi stuff just gets better and more consistent overall the further you go.

Dresden

Unfortunately, due to budgetary concerns MAPPA was unable to produce episode six of Apollon, and a live-action skit featuring Watanabe meeting all the other Watanabes in the industry in a cosplay cafe was aired instead.

Hypothetically, I did like that scene where Kaoru is playing My Favorite Things on the piano as Sentaro barges in discordantly with the drums, if it had existed. Unfortunately that would have been followed by boys with fangs, the Beatles (killing anime like they killed music), and a rather odd end where, if I had watched it, I would have been disappointed by the events that had transpired.

duckroll

Unfortunately, due to budgetary concerns MAPPA was unable to produce episode six of Apollon, and a live-action skit featuring Watanabe meeting all the other Watanabes in the industry in a cosplay cafe was aired instead.

Hypothetically, I did like that scene where Kaoru is playing My Favorite Things on the piano as Sentaro barges in discordantly with the drums, if it had existed. Unfortunately that would have been followed by boys with fangs, the Beatles (killing anime like they killed music), and a rather odd end where, if I had watched it, I would have been disappointed by the events that had transpired.

Welcome to our world. Next up: The best episode in the series!

Jex

You might as well stop watching now, it doesn't improve.

(this is a lie)

Uchip

Banned
Lots of sitcoms have hired 'professional laughers' from time to time to give their shows that edge.

thats what laughter really is
the sound of affirmation or an attempt towards
idiots have an innate predisposition to react to it even when its entirely fake

Casshern Sins Ep. 13

ibvugfbNBfrzCZ.jpg

It was kind of nice to finally get some answers.
I'm not going to bother questioning why Casshern didn't think to stab himself with his own hands sooner.

Jex

I dunno, seems very tame with the merchandise and stuff. Not enough figures, games and other stuff.

Right, it's just some wallpapers and pictures. I found it pretty tame, which just goes to go show how far down the deep end I am. It probably didn't even cost him more than he earns in a month, which is the measuring yard I like to use when I consider what insane otaku doe with their cash.

Jex

AX2012:

1:00pm to 2:45pm - Fate Zero Finale Screening & Q&A Featuring: Ei Aoki, Hikaru Kondo & Rikiya Koyama

I hope this means the final episode is an hour long just like the first episode! Oh boy!

I pray that length is the only feature that the finale shares with the opening episode.
I just question why he wants to live in a room with so much ugly.

I don't know either. He could at least have a better taste in character designs. It doesn't seem much to ask.

Dresden

Apollon - 07

Great episode with a triumphant conclusion. It's easy to forget about the inane romances or the contrived setups or how plot only seems to move forward with someone eavesdropping on someone else when all the development of the past two episodes (albeit the last one being mythical, existing only in that space where bad shows that never existed ala DtBs2 go) culminate in this indian tiger hunting fashion.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
if gilgamesh owned all of the worlds treasures
does that mean he found One Piece?

YAH YO YAH YOOOOOOOOOOOO
GRAIL, DON'T GIVE IT UP ARCHER
GRAIL, DON'T GIVE IT UP RIDER
GRAIL, DON'T GIVE IT UP SABER
GRAIL, DON'T GIVE GIVE IT UP GIVE IT UP GIVE IT UP GIV-fuck it, I don't have the energy for this tonight.

Jex

biowarewhyanime.png

For many a month, mankind has been seeking the answer to this most bewildering of questions left by the sages from Bioware. Now, the answer has finally been revealed:

Dragon Age: Dawn of the Seeker

(ドラゴンエイジ ブラッドメイジの聖戦 Dragon Age: Blood Mage no Seisen, lit. "Dragon Age: Crusade of the Blood Mages")

From the
ogre splitting in half the morbidly obese elf like a kinder surprise
to the
dragon suicide bombing itself to defeat the big bad
, Dawn of the Seeker is one of the most hilariously awful things I've seen in a long time. The bad CG might look bad enough in still frames but when combined with the truly awful animation and motion blurring, it transcends itself into a new level of bad CG that not even the new Berserk movie could possibly hope to touch. This is something that needs to be seen to be truly appreciated, and that's not even touching on the awful writing or the humorously bad ED songs!
Why have you done this to me. Now I will have a powerful urge to track this thing down and watch it :(

Uchip

Banned
True.
Though if I was a member of the Straw Hat crew, this revelation would piss me off.

All that pain just to learn that friends are good?
Aw, hell naw, son.

Unlikely
he referred to it as "my" treasure
not "your", so it would make no sense for it to be nakama

madp

The Light of El Cantare
What is One Piece and the Grail are one and the same?

Then we can only speculate as to what Gol D. Roger's wish was.

Bad for not finishing the goodness till the end!

Okay, a little more, just for you.

This is how the story goes, we find out
There's a treasure in Fuyuki City, there's no doubt
The Servant whose eye is on it, he'll sing
I'll be King of Heroes, I'm gonna be king!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom