• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned
Watching the second episode of the new Saki made me curious. Are there any more examples of sesnsitive to cold moe characters like Yuu? I can't seem to recall anyone but then again I'm not an expert on that matter.

Kagami

Kyon really is the best part of Haruhi. I can appreciate that she's insufferable for a reason and on purpose, but it doesn't really make her any less insufferable to me. I don't feel much better knowing that I'm purposely being frustrated, I guess.
I found myself regarding Haruhi the same way Koizumi does, as a force of nature that just has to be dealt with rather than a human being.

duckroll

Oreimo Season 2 now has an official title. It is called "I can't believe my sister is so cute."

Can you spot the difference?
There's a full stop at a end of the title.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Wow, really? Not even the crazily hyped Madoka?

The only Shaft shows I know off the top of my head are HidaSketch, Bake and Nisemonogatari, and Madoka. I've not watched them. I don't know why; something about Shaft's visual sense just rubs me wrong or something. :-/

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The only Shaft shows I know off the top of my head are HidaSketch, Bake and Nisemonogatari, and Madoka. I've not watched them. I don't know why; something about Shaft's visual sense just rubs me wrong or something. :-/

Haha. That's fair. HidaSketch is probably their easiest show to watch, after Natsu no Arashi (their Secret Best show) in terms of style/direction.

cajunator

Banned
I sometimes wonder if I'm the only one who likes the stuff that has little conflict and doesn't mind a lack of plot. Or at least is willing to admit it.

Nah. I highly doubt you're the only one ;)

You should check out some of shaft's earlier works. Hyper cuteness with none of the fat!

Jex

Oreimo Season 2 now has an official title. It is called "I can't believe my sister is so cute."

Can you spot the difference?
There's a full stop at a end of the title.

I guess I better go change my thread title oh wait.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Lupin The Third: Mine Fujiko 10
owlkothethirdxcao4.jpg

A sputtering attempt at piecing together an out of sorts puzzle. This series seems uncertain at all moments as to what exactly it wants to be, reveling in inscrutability while offering nothing in return.

Jex

Lupin The Third: Mine Fujiko 10
owlkothethirdxcao4.jpg

A sputtering attempt at piecing together an out of sorts puzzle. This series seems uncertain at all moments as to what exactly it wants to be, reveling in inscrutability while offering nothing in return.

Between the impressions in here and in the main Lupin thread I don't even know if I will bother finishing up the series at this point in time.

Kids on the Slope 9

I was beginning to think there was a conspicuous lack of bromance in this episode, but then the jazz performance scene happened and it was awesome. If only those were longer!

There was also a really awkward performance by fang boy, but I've already forgotten about it just like Kaoru!

Some possibly good news for Medaka Box fans (all five of you!): apparently before the anime was officially announced, it was leaked that it would be a split-cour show with the first half in Spring, and the second half in Fall. Depending on how they handle the end of this season, there might be a high chance for it to continue in a few months after all.

Fan #5 reporting in. I guess this is good news. It's definitely not bad news.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Between the impressions in here and in the main Lupin thread I don't even know if I will bother finishing up the series at this point in time.
You don't need to watch everything, you know. I became a happier man after dropping half of the shows I was keeping up with.

This isn't very sensical either. I have wallscrolls of shows like School Rumble, Tsubasa, Last Exile, Haibane Renmei, and Fruits Basket where the characters are definitely not adults but the wallscrolls are at least decent. Most animu shows have characters that aren't adults.
I thought that went without saying, I have series posters in my room too. I meant posters like the one in the picture.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I'm probably going to give Dragoon an aneurysm, but Sengoku Collection has had as many good episodes as Lupin. It's without a doubt the biggest disappointment of the season.

Dresden

From what I've watched of Mine Fujiko (seven thus far, must catch up), about five were at least enjoyable, and of the five, I think three are pretty damn good stuff. It's certainly a better ratio than Sengoku Collection, whose only claim to fame for me are the Kaneko stuff.

What I'm leery of heading into episode eight and onward is that Fujiko's past is going to be as jarring and unpleasant to see unfold as the flashbacks themselves.

Comparing Lupin to Sengoku? That's where I start calling you out, Pierrot. :)

This recent episode really was something. The main problem with it is simple: it's brought in a whole bunch of plot points that, if not resolved, are going to hurt the show's ending. Since there aren't any subs out yet ("simulcast" this Friday), I couldn't even tell what was going on at points. But since Fraulein Hoyle seems to be tripping up the whole show, it's only gotten more interesting.

sleepykyo

Some possibly good news for Medaka Box fans (all five of you!): apparently before the anime was officially announced, it was leaked that it would be a split-cour show with the first half in Spring, and the second half in Fall. Depending on how they handle the end of this season, there might be a high chance for it to continue in a few months after all.

Is it still hot blooded action? I'd much rather see more trickster v. Medaka, Medaka & Shiranui cattiness over justice has to be extreme.

Fate Zero does a far better case of extreme justice anyway.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
From what I've watched of Mine Fujiko (seven thus far, must catch up), about five were at least enjoyable, and of the five, I think three are pretty damn good stuff. It's certainly a better ratio than Sengoku Collection, whose only claim to fame for me are the Kaneko stuff.

What I'm leery of heading into episode eight and onward is that Fujiko's past is going to be as jarring and unpleasant to see unfold as the flashbacks themselves.

I'll admit that I'm probably even more negative on Lupin the average poster here, but just to show that I'm not just trying to make a controversial statement for the sake of controversy, the only episodes of Lupin that I've found to be genuinely enjoyable were 2 and 8. The rest range from competent-but-dull to outright bad for me, and I certainly don't expect many people to share my low opinion. I just wanted to take a moment to make it clear that I'm not trolling and that I'm just very disappointed.

They are going to be weird and lacking direction.
They're directed competently, at the least. But they will be weird, yes. I like weird when it's done right. And, while I'm not sure about episode 10's execution right now, I know that I really liked the last two episodes.

But, considering that people expect Miyazaki Lupin or Suzuki Lupin form their Lupin productions, I can safely say I'm in the minority for this series. You seem to exist on the other extreme, MP, and that's fine too.

Kazzy

They're directed competently, at the least. But they will be weird, yes. I like weird when it's done right. And, while I'm not sure about episode 10's execution right now, I know that I really liked the last two episodes.

But, considering that people expect Miyazaki Lupin or Suzuki Lupin form their Lupin productions, I can safely say I'm in the minority for this series.

I've never watched any Lupin before this, and I came in with no expectations.

/XX/

What? some evil magician Black Jack? That sounds silly—and typical of Osumi, too.
Well, yeah. I was talking more about his appearance.

—Besides the fact that they aired it in Italy at all!
Sorry, but I don't quite understand this expression yet. Are you saying that it has or that it hasn't been aired? Because it has...

All this Osumi talk is so interesting. Thanks, Dragoon.
Yeah, I really like Dragoon En Regalia's passion for this! Funny to reach a conversation like that about the old 1st series in the middle of a really packed new season.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
As a neophyte in the Lupin franchise I found Fujiko Mine to be an exercise in dull scripting spiced up by a few action sequences and lots of boobies.

Neat. But the majority of the Lupin fanbase usually comes into the fandom knowing those two styles of Lupin only, and not the Osumi style that Yamamoto's trying to mimic.

Yeah: I was saying that it had aired. Sorry if I wasn't as clear that time.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
The really weird thing is that my only previous exposure to Lupin is the first series and I'm still not feeling the current series.

Steroyd

Kore Wa Desu Ka of the dead - End ...wait, End!?

fumanchu.jpg

Er... what the hell just happened here?

Well they stayed away from serious business moments for too long which crippled the first season, so I guess overall it's an improvement on the first season, but what a weird way to end season 2.

duckroll

I like how Dragoon's greatest defense is always to try to point out how other people have the wrong expectations or trying to justify why other people don't like it, when the fact is he's pretty much the only one left standing who actually thinks the series is consistent or well directed. Lolz.

There are two different directing teams from the first series, so that's a little muddier to say than, say, exposure to the second series.

Dull scripting? Confusing and melodramatic would be more accurate if you're trying to counter-argue, because dull's the last adjective I'd use to describe this series.

I've explained time-after-time why I like this series, DR, and it didn't revolve around snapping at everyone else.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
There are two different directing teams from the first series, so that's a little muddier to say than, say, exposure to the second series.

Dull scripting? Confusing and melodramatic would be more accurate if you're trying to counter-argue, because dull's the last adjective I'd use to describe this series.
I'd say episodes like three and seven (was that the Fidel Castro episode?) managed to make the outlandish premises (SAMURAI FRIENDO/COLD WAR) boring in their execution.

It does feel distant in the direction, yes. But Ayako felt the same way, and I was fine with that.

3, 4, and 7 were the bad episodes. I agree on those. But every other episode ranged from good to great to awesome.

duckroll

Some series have people watching it discussing which their favorite episode is, because it's so good. Fujiko regularly has people comparing which the worst episode is, because it's so bad.

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom