• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimadrago

Gilgamesh wants Seiba pretty hard, dude.

"That kinda love" *wink* *edit* *wink-nudge* in anime makes for

7jEbE.jpg

the best love.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I was referring to Kirei in chains lol.

But yeah it's pretty obvious that Girugamesh desires Saber as one of his many possessions. But he just generally wants everything. thats why hes a BOSS.

He's not a boss. He's just a spoiled brat.

cajunator

Banned
He certainly wouldn't be gently caressing her in a field of lilies as she sleeps.

He'd be.....uhh........conquering by any means necessary, as befitting the eiyuu ou.

I wouldn't imagine that he would be gentle...He has a specific brutality to his actions, although a refined one.
I prefer the way Rider goes about doing things though. He doesnt give a Fuuuuuuuck.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
YuruYuri.

Don't watch it, as I just showed the only good part.

But for full context:
Girl forced girl on ground to "practice" kissing.

Messed up. Sort of sounds like School Days. Sort of though...

And I wasn't planning on watching it. I've seen that picture quite a few times on AnimeGAF which is why I asked. I just don't get some of the references yall make.

cajunator

Banned
Messed up. Sort of sounds like School Days. Sort of though...

And I wasn't planning on watching it. I've seen that picture quite a few times on AnimeGAF which is why I asked. I just don't get some of the references yall make.

Actually you should watch it. Its really funny and cute.
and it has occasional yuri. and some ghost character named Akarin but I'm not sure if she really exists.

Shining Hearts 07
Plot? What plot? The bigger question is will he be a baker or a knight!?!
Oh yeah, I like how the preferred way of moving onto this island seems to be being washed up along the shore. Cause you know, there seems to be no other way to reach this island for our heroes.

Also, Rick's bread.

Ultimadrago

Yuru Yuri is a great show and I would not be at all surprised if its second season was the best show during the Summer.

Good for two skits, mediocrity for the rest.

Also, summer is definitely not a time I'm seeing as "difficult" to shoot up ranks in.

Even with that, it probably won't be the best.

Shining Hearts 07
Plot? What plot? The bigger question is will he be a baker or a knight!?!
Oh yeah, I like how the preferred way of moving onto this island seems to be being washed up along the shore. Cause you know, there seems to be no other way to reach this island for our heroes.

Also, Rick's bread.

Someone else arrived this week? (still an episode or two behind)

cajunator

Banned
That's news to me.

Oh, well. Hopefully the pre-order numbers were lying and the BD sets will be a huge success.

Let's not kid ourselves here. There is a harsh reality that must be faced :(

That close?
I can see the light!

That said, if I has unexplained powers, I would trade the episode amount of it and Sengoku Collection was I given the option.

Most people would.
Nobody wants more Sengoku Collection (unless it has copious amounts of Ieyasu in it maybe)
Everybody wants more Upotte, even if they don't realize it.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
How well did it sell anyway? I don't remember it being a big hit, but if there's a season 2 coming it must have been a moderate success.
BRD:
2011/09/21 *9,474 Vol. 1
2011/10/19 *6,902 Vol. 2
2011/11/16 *6,460 Vol. 3
2011/12/21 *6,354 Vol. 4
2012/01/18 *6,734 Vol. 5
2012/02/15 *7,531 Vol. 6
DVD:
2011/09/21 *1,425 Vol. 1 (Two episodes up to Vol. 6)
2011/10/19 *1,008 Vol. 2
2011/11/16 **,942 Vol. 3
2012/01/18 **,912 Vol. 5
2012/02/15 *1,324 Vol. 6

madp

The Light of El Cantare
What otaku (excluding fujoshi) still purchase DVDs? If you're rich enough to pay 9000 yen for two episodes of a show x 6 volumes x the number of shows you buy in a year, you're rich enough to own a PS3 or blu-ray player.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Thats pretty damned good for a niche show like yuru yuri. Of course, its still awful by the standards of shows like Bake, Madoka, Fate Zero :(
Why would you set those kind of expectations for every show though?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
What otaku (excluding fujoshi) still purchase DVDs? If you're rich enough to pay 9000 yen for two episodes of a show x 6 volumes x the number of shows you buy in a year, you're rich enough to own a PS3 or blu-ray player.

Those rich enough to purchase both DVD and BD sets for collection purposes, I'm guessing.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Those rich enough to purchase both DVD and BD sets for collection purposes, I'm guessing.

I was going to suggest the possibility of DVDs only being released to force obsessive completionists to double-dip, but I second-guessed myself. As usual, I still need to level up my cynicism toward the anime industry.

Someone else arrived this week? (still an episode or two behind)

Nah, just the past of some characters were mentioned in literally an one-liner. You think more people would care, but I guess if it happens so much, no one cares anymore.

If the DVD and Blu-ray offered different bonus things, some people would buy both! I don't know if anyone has actually done that yet.

cajunator

Banned
Nah, just the past of some characters were mentioned in literally an one-liner. You think more people would care, but I guess if it happens so much, no one cares anymore.

If the DVD and Blu-ray offered different bonus things, some people would buy both! I don't know if anyone has actually done that yet.

That's the reason I'd personally double dip probably. If theres no discernible difference though in the extras I go with the Bluray because its a more durable set. Honestly if I could find a BLuray version of every show I have, I'd replace the entire thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom