• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grzi

Star Driver 1 - 25

This show is like a relationship with the most beautiful girl in the world, who is also pretty stupid. Fun, but still stupid. But she looks so good. So you still date her because of her looks, and the sex is fantastic. The bitch can pull of a mean Yutaka Nakamura in bed, and she surprises you with an amazing Jun Arai occasionally, just to mention a few. She even pulled off a Imaishi before you ended the relationship.
You'll remember those moments fondly, so you really couldn't care less about the stupid boring parts.

7/10
Will watch again.

I really can't fit that in anywhere this season. I guess I'll save it for summer.
There should be plenty of free time for catching up, yeah.

Serial Experiments Lain 01

uXmjC.png

That was... weird.
The great kind of weird, hopefully? Just be sure to stick with it through to the end!

I see my impressions of this episode were lost in the mess yesterday, haha.

CP3C2.jpg
Wow... indeed, what happened to the art there? Looks a lot worse.

wonzo said:
What are those, multicolored whoopie pies?

wonzo said:
Moral of the story is, don't feed Makoto spaghetti?

Jexihus said:
[Aim for the Ace] - 2

Who could have known that tennis was such an important part of the female hierarchy at a high school?

Also, a number of the main cast look like they're from Oniisama e.., considering this came first, I suppose what I mean is that Oniisama e... has characters that look like this. Which shouldn't be surprising, I suppose, because they share some similar plot elements, namely, the 'normal girl' suddenly finds herself in the Sorority/Tennis Team where she has to suffer harassment because people question how she got chosen for such a high-up position.

Goemon is secretly the best character and the organ is secretly the best musical instrument.
Goemon's only the secret best character? I mean, isn't he clearly the best character? :) The main character's really generic, the other girls are all jerks, and the coach is too... that leaves Goemon as the clear best character. The best friend's probably in second, as one of the better characters of the remaining cast.

Jexihus said:
It feels like his previous coaching experience was in the military where I imagine he combined SHOUTING and meaningful stares to great effect.
That would make a lot of sense, wouldn't it... But also, "If you can't understand my specious reasoning without me having to actually tell you it, then you've already failed!" is a ridiculously bad way to coach.

And an OVA in October.
Still should be longer, though. Hopefully it gets an S2 (and the teacher goes away).

cajunator

Banned
Star Driver 1 - 25

This show is like a relationship with the most beautiful girl in the world, who is also pretty stupid. Fun, but still stupid. But she looks so good. So you still date her because of her looks, and the sex is fantastic. The bitch can pull of a mean Yutaka Nakamura in bed, and she surprises you with an amazing Jun Arai occasionally, just to mention a few. She even pulled off a Imaishi before you ended the relationship.
You'll remember those moments fondly, so you really couldn't care less about the stupid boring parts.

7/10
Will watch again.

Do not speak in sexual terms. We will not understand.

Star Driver 1 - 25
7/10
Will watch again.

I need to make time to watch it bought it on blu ray not yet to even watch, maybe Ill rush it to the front of my backlog.

Accel World 8
tumblr_m4lkjhl8i11qbxqfpo1_500.png

Taku is much cooler with glasses now, and nice fight. Actually loved the fight this episode with the immobile fortress, pretty stunning fight even if
Haru lost, but that heat beam and the anti air weapons, and just the way she won was cool

Also did Haru really say that his little sister cant be this cute?

cajunator

Banned
I need to make time to watch it bought it on blu ray not yet to even watch, maybe Ill rush it to the front of my backlog.

Accel World 8
tumblr_m4lkjhl8i11qbxqfpo1_500.png

Taku is much cooler with glasses now, and nice fight. Actually loved the fight this episode with the immobile fortress, pretty stunning fight even if
Haru lost, but that heat beam and the anti air weapons, and just the way she won was cool

I'm pretty sure its on Netflix.

cajunator

Banned
It's just one of the Sega figures, nothing too elaborate. It's her normal outfit w/o the coat like when they go to the con early on in the show.

I have this one, and its nice, but I also like one where she's sitting down which Ill probably get a bit later on as its not too expensive and not likely to be very rare.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I have this one, and its nice, but I also like one where she's sitting down which Ill probably get a bit later on as its not too expensive and not likely to be very rare.

Nice! The sculpting on yours is much nicer, probably more expensive than the one I bought.

cajunator

Banned
Oh, you.

Cajunator,
he's a guy.

Yes, I know I suspected that and said so. It was a bit obvious though.
One question though. Do Otaku like these sorts of things? I see them more and more. There's nothing wrong with it, just that its becoming so prevalent I wonder where the demand is coming from.

Makoto

Sankarea 8

Not so much a boring episode as it was frustrating.
Yasutaka conveniently being a creep didn't do this episode any favors, especially when he held Rea's foot as she was going to run after Chihiro.
I have to admit, the episode's title of "False...Freedom" did get my hopes up as I thought Rea would finally get
Chihiro to realize that he's becoming a substitute for her father
. Rea is obviously uncomfortable with
his filming
so I can't really set the show aside yet as it does seem aware of Chihiro's actions.

There's got to be a better way to unravel Rea's zombie characteristics other than,
"You care about me so much. I'm so happy but I can't cry because I'm a zombie."
I haven't read the manga so I have no idea what's going to happen next. I can't but feel that a lot of potential is being squandered though.

Accel World 8

Yeah... when you have such close relationships with key Burst Linkers, you probably want to call the police as soon as you find a stranger in your house.

Yup. :|

Shining Hearts 7

Is this what a baker going through an existential crisis looks like?
In any case, I hope they can keep baking the delicious bread of happiness.

Jormungand 7

For some the reason I found the music in this episode to be good. /shrug

Wasn't really feeling this arc, so I'm looking forward to the next one.

RurouniZel

I'm really gonna have to get a new camera or something as well as that display case so I can properly photograph all these figures. They are way too nice to keep in the boxes.

In boxes? D: They're so sad in the boxes! Gotta let them out!! :p

(I've made a very slight adjustment to my avatar)

cajunator

Banned
In boxes? D: They're so sad in the boxes! Gotta let them out!! :p

(I've made a very slight adjustment to my avatar)

Yes but they are even sadder covered in dust!
they deserve better. I will provide better.
Oh god am I talking about tbem like they're alive? I'm so fucked.

RurouniZel

Yes but they are even sadder covered in dust!
they deserve better. I will provide better.
Oh god am I talking about tbem like they're alive? I'm so fucked.

True, I can't imagine the dust is good for them. :/ (and I was the one who started talking about them as if they were alive. :p)

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Sengoku Collection 08:

WHAT

THE

FUCK

sengoku8go9z7.gif

I DON'T EVEN

AMAZING

Without question one of the most bizarre episodes of any anime ever. No exaggeration. It's like this show suddenly became Yami for one episode.

No, seriously.

I mean it.

Watch.

It's not good the way that episode five was, but it's unlike anything I've ever seen.

I never thought it would be possible to make Gisaburo Sugii moe, but this might just be it. Holy shit @ those shots. It's just too resemblant of Night on the Galactic Railroad.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
O.K., maybe they have read duckroll's post (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=38163816&postcount=19262)
or maybe mine (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=38164283&postcount=19268) and saw that in other websites they give to the fans this type of goodies
... and have made available this twitter icons because of that:

Fate/Zero-アニメ公式サイト-
http://www.fate-zero.jp/present/icon.html

Gilgamesh...

O.K., maybe they have read duckroll's post (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=38163816&postcount=19262)
or maybe mine (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=38164283&postcount=19268) and saw that in other websites they give to the fans this type of goodies
... and have made available this twitter icons because of that:

Fate/Zero-アニメ公式サイト-
http://www.fate-zero.jp/present/icon.html

These are extremely adorable.

Assassin is like a puppet show.

Jex

Star Driver 1 - 25

7/10
Will watch again.

I must say, I haven't heard anyone describe Star Driver with quite the same flavour as you, but I fundamentally disagree. More than half of the time it doesn't even look good at all and there are far too many stretches where it is actively boring.

I can't even begin to fathom why it had to last 25 episodes.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Sengoku Collection 08:

WHAT

THE

FUCK

I DON'T EVEN

AMAZING

Without question one of the most bizarre episodes of any anime ever. No exaggeration. It's like this show suddenly became Yami for one episode.

No, seriously.

I mean it.

Watch.

It's not good the way that episode five was, but it's unlike anything I've ever seen.

Yes.

It's like they went out of their way to not make any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom