• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defuser

Apparently the manga got a big boost from the anime, so it may be worth it to the publishers/sponsors to do another animated advertisement for it. :p

I'm pretty sure the boost wasn't that much. It's either a live action show or a movie which is why a 2nd season is announced to compliment/hype it up just like Kaiji but that doesn't seems to be the case either.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm pretty sure the boost wasn't that much. It's either a live action show or a movie which is why a 2nd season is announced to compliment/hype it up just like Kaiji but that doesn't seems to be the case either.
A live action seems to be the best way to salvage money out of an adaptation, since it doesn't have the baggage of the anime, but who knows.

I think I'm more curious about how this all happened than the actual anime itself.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

NOOOO WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

JWcvV.gif

ZK5GL.gif

survivor

Banned

There needs to be another Kaiji movie so we can get a third season

Steroyd

What's all this hubbub about Chihayafuru? Haven't seen this level of excitement in a long time.

A good anime, that isn't moeshit, or filled with trashy fanservice, or isn't paced as slow as fuck while being well directed but had crap sales, who no-one ever thought was getting a second season, defied all anime logic and is getting a second season.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
A good anime, that isn't moeshit, or filled with trashy fanservice, or isn't paced as slow as fuck while being well directed but had crap sales, who no-one ever thought was getting a second season, defied all anime logic and is getting a second season.
Are you kidding me? lol

trejo

Y'know, shocking as this news may be, I really don't care for more Chihayafuru if it's just gonna be more Karuta power levels and endless training
and Chihaya orgasming at the very thought of Arata
. There's a reason I never finished the first one after all.

Ultimadrago

Y'know, shocking as this news may be, I really don't care for more Chihayafuru if it's just gonna be more Karuta power levels and endless training

I haven't watched it, but being happy for others never hurt anybody.

(or has it?)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You're right I'm sorry, any show compared to Kimi ni Todoke feels very pacy. My bad.
Please. The only thing that moves slower than shoujo are sports shows obsessed with the sport.

I think it depends what the purpose of this season will be. If it's really to pimp manga sales and they're doing a quick and dirty 13 instead of another laborious 26, then they might amp up the pace to get caught up to the current chapters.

If it's another page by page adaptation, then unless there's another awesome soundtrack, I wouldn't say there's much reason to watch.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Folktales of Japan 1-2

Enjoying this show as it's a pretty easy and relaxing watch. Shame that Japanese folktales seem to be so upbeat and happy, Grimm this is not (so far anyway). I guess thats for the better.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Folktales of Japan 1-2

Enjoying this show as it's a pretty easy and relaxing watch. Shame that Japanese folktales seem to be so upbeat and happy, Grimm this is not (so far anyway). I guess thats for the better.
IIRC the first one ends with one of the antagonists being executed or something similar, so I'm not sure that's exactly upbeat.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

Even at its worst, Chihayafuru is still more enjoyable than the majority of modern anime, so I'm not that concerned. The first series was finally starting to mix character stuff back into the Karuta power levels right before the end, so if this is a direct continuation of the plot, I'm not entirely pessimistic about the quality of the narrative
until stupid Arata starts to factor heavily again.

Perhaps there is hope for Madhouse.

So do we upgrade them from Deadhouse to Sickhouse now?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Even at its worst, Chihayafuru is still more enjoyable than the majority of modern anime, so I'm not that concerned. The first series was finally starting to mix character stuff back into the Karuta power levels right before the end, so if this is a direct continuation of the plot, I'm not entirely pessimistic about the quality of the narrative
until stupid Arata starts to factor heavily again.
Arata is the only good thing about the manga though, since he's the only human being there.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm not looking forward to the Team Taichi/Team Wrong stuff being revived again.
Well, Taichi is on a lower tier than Desk and Pork-bun, so...

And here I thought having a hobby made characters seem more realistic.
I think if all you cared about was anime or games or whatever hobby you could come up with and had no other desires outside of that, you're probably not much of a human being. :p

Even Shaq tried to be a movie star once!

/XX/

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Solitaire was only worth it for the ending animation.

Also it's a flawed game because there are unwinnable games.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
IIRC the first one ends with one of the antagonists being executed or something similar, so I'm not sure that's exactly upbeat.

I don't remember this happening at all. First episode ended with the
bandit/con artist redeeming his life and correcting his ways

But if there are downer ones then thats good!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I don't remember this happening at all. First episode ended with the
bandit/con artist redeeming his life and correcting his ways

But if there are downer ones then thats good!

It was the one where some farmer finds some animal that gives them gold, then some jealous neighbours steal the animal and demand the same thing. Eventually the emperor comes and kills them or some such. It's been... well, over 2 months since that episode aired I suppose.

You're just not trying hard enough!

I don't understand that segregation, it isn't like K-ON! fans were going to take over this thread or something... some concrete moments of conversation about it are always inevitable when that work is related to others we talk about in here.

Because most of the people in that thread hate you guys. And K-ON! is awesome.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I think if all you cared about was anime or games or whatever hobby you could come up with and had no other desires outside of that, you're probably not much of a human being. :p

Chihaya and co. (except perhaps Desk-kun) all seem like fairly well-adjusted people with normal human interests outside of karuta. Every show cuts down the lives of its characters to the moments that are most relevant to the subject matter--it's just more noticeable with karuta because of how unusual and specific it is compared to something common like, for instance, teenage romance or piloting a robot. It's a lot easier to implicitly accept that characters lead relatively normal lives outside of their hobbies unless indicated otherwise than it is to do the opposite, I think!

In reality, Chihaya's obsession with karuta is an extension of her childhood love for Arata that spiraled out of control until it became a form of mental illness, so maybe she isn't a character outside of karuta!

Dresden

Chihaya isn't much of a character--even her romantic side is obsessed with karuta and thus this is why we all know that Taichi actually has no chance.

cajunator

Banned
Well, Taichi is on a lower tier than Desk and Pork-bun, so...

Isn't that the case with olympic athletes? They live and breathe whatever sport is is they are good at and strive to become the very best in the world. This by no means makes a person boring. It means they have a dream that they are willing to give everything to achieve.

Steroyd

Please. The only thing that moves slower than shoujo are sports shows obsessed with the sport.

You just don't get it man, it's all about the character's development of self realisation.

It just shows your lack of strategy when you approach the deep game of Solitaire.

Yurumates 3Dei - 10

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom