• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Tower of Druaga ~the Sword of Uruk~ 10
pXUJW.jpg
Coopa and her grand entrances.
More stuff happening. I liked the conclusion of the non-tower battle but I guess they quickly went through it so we could focus on the tower stuff. Gilgamesh is fun and I can understand his actions. Too bad isn't as awesome as some other Gilgamesh, but not every king can throw swords out like nobody's business. I'm a little disappointed in the knight fights. They were pretty much curb stomped battles against the knights which were considered to be actual threats until the point where they needed to be kicked out of the story.

DiGiKerot

Went to see Up On Poppy Hill today. Feared the worst, but it turns out that, aside from a couple of ill-advised plot twists in the romantic subplot, it was legitimately pretty great. I would say I thought it was better than the last couple of Miyazaki Snr flicks, but I've still not cracked the wrapper on my copy of Ponyo.

The Tower of Druaga ~the Sword of Uruk~ 11
It's always the mad king.
Cool episode. Sure, things were all over the place, but it was a good final boss fight with everyone down and only the power of the hero and his love interest could defeat the final boss. Oh yeah, there was that guy helping out too.
Of course, at the end, great job breaking things Neeba. All you done the whole series is ruin every good moment the show tries to get.

Madoka Magica-Episode 2

Anyway, another episode with stellar visuals, particularly during the witch scene. I was told the third episode will reveal the overall premise, and will begin the rollercoaster that is Modoka. I may have not loved this episode, but I liked it for what it was. My friend told me the first two episodes was the hump I needed to get over before the magic begins.

I am still in love with the OST, and I am fond of the opening theme, even if it forces me to see a naked youngun, though I shuld be able to deal with it after the third season of Digimon.

Some more comments with pictures!

2760717_dhahD.jpg

It's like I'm looking at a non-burnt Hanako.

madoka2p4.jpg

Someone's family didn't teach their daughter of same-sex equality. All girls should love one another!

I also thought of Fate Zero when the contract was laid out for the two girls. This seems like something Kiritsugu would leap at if given the chance. Certainly easier than fighting for the Grail. Even if he would turn into a magical girl.

survivor

Banned
Hyouka 3

So the thing at the end is the big mystery of the anime? Cause it's pretty lame.

That kid they met
went through all this trouble just to be able to smoke? Just smoke outside dude

Hyouka 3

So the thing at the end is the big mystery of the anime? Cause it's pretty lame.

Not of the whole show, just the first arc. There will be three main arcs in Hyouka, corresponding to the first three novel volumes, with short stories from the fourth volume interspersed between.

The Tower of Druaga ~the Sword of Uruk~ 12
All together now.
So, the secret of the tower?
It becomes literally a tower cannon that attacks the gods by shooting into the clouds. And the clouds fight back!
Besides how silly that sound, I got bored at the final super duper final battle. Especially when the whole fight wasn't about
rebelling against the gods, but nope! I have a brother complex!
I did enjoy the epilogue as everyone gets a good ending. That and they used SWINGING as the song to play over it, so at least it was enjoyable to listen to.
The show itself was a decent run through. Season one had much better comedy episodes though season two had a few decent moments but it did had decent floor ideas and that of the sort. It's a good fantasy RPG show, I mean the plot isn't too complex as they needed to make it coherent within 24 episodes not a 40 hour RPG. While I wasn't too fond of Jil and his wishy washy hero ways, the side characters were pretty good and with the change of casts between season 1 and 2, it was pretty nice to get some fresh faces and stuff.

Ultimadrago

Hyouka 3

That kid they met
went through all this trouble just to be able to smoke? Just smoke outside dude

The guy could've easily
done it there or in the stairwell like a true delinquent.

Instro

Huh, so Chihaya is getting a second season. Quite shocking, I guess whoever is funding it doesn't really mind it being a bomb.

You should just stop watching Ben-to after episode 6. Solid show that turned to shit in the 2nd half. And it wasn't just Ume and the twins, the finale was such a let-down. It felt like they ran out of money and just mailed it in.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
They should have just left the plot out of Ben-To. Stop tying to add sense to a nonsensical premise. It's idiotic.

Articalys

I actually found a pair of Ben-to cosplayers at Fanime (Ayame and Sen). I was equal parts surprised, impressed, and reminded how much of a letdown the show was.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You should just stop watching Ben-to after episode 6. Solid show that turned to shit in the 2nd half. And it wasn't just Ume and the twins, the finale was such a let-down. It felt like they ran out of money and just mailed it in.
Turns out yuri can kill a show. Go figure.

survivor

Banned
Future Boy Conan 2

Goodbye grandpa, you only lasted for 2 episodes
. I found the flashback pretty weird, when they show Conan being born, everyone else looked middle age. Then now and they are all dead. Must have been some disease to wipe them all out. The other thing was that there were 3 women in the group,, I wonder why none of them had kids.

Anyway Conan is finally out to adventure and he will meet his first companion soon. Can't wait for Jimsy

Knight in the Area 23

Well that was surprising sorts though I guess I should have expected they would
tie instead of Yoin going two up thus forcing Enoshima to need to score three times this 2nd half

Crunchyroll fail? Kakeru wears number 20 and the goalie is number 1 and somehow they got number 11 out of it.

Preview is nice, cant wait for more
Suguru

Makoto

Gah, Ben-to is pretty much the next show on my watch list and here you all are, berating it.

Well, I won't stand for it. I'm going to watch all of Ben-to.

Narag

Lupin III A Woman Named Fujiko Mine 10

Well, that was something.
I certainly didn't expect the issues around the cult in episiode 1 to have long lasting effects and I'm left wondering what the long term effects of the drug are and if we've been privy to anything relating to that in previous episodes while unaware. I liked the episode as it felt rather bold, I can't say for certain if it succeeded or not until I let it sink in some and even then so much is going to rely on how the series is finished out. I hope we get further resolution with Oscar too as that's a character I like but seems superfluous currently.

So many owls.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Fuck can someone remind me of what went wrong in ben-to?

My mind is telling me it was fairly consistent for the most part.
People didn't like the end arc with the two white haired girls. They were probably around too long and received too heavy a focus.

Lain

Kids on the slope 8-9

9 was better than 8, but I liked both episodes. The development between
Kaoru and Riko feels a bit silly in a way, but enjoyable none the less. Seems like Kaoru's approach to love worked better than Sentaro's.
In regard to 9, the closing scenes were a bit cheesy, but damn if they weren't great.

Lupin III A Woman Named Fujiko Mine 10

Well, that was something.
I certainly didn't expect the issues around the cult in episiode 1 to have long lasting effects and I'm left wondering what the long term effects of the drug are and if we've been privy to anything relating to that in previous episodes while unaware. I liked the episode as it felt rather bold, I can't say for certain if it succeeded or not until I let it sink in some and even then so much is going to rely on how the series is finished out. I hope we get further resolution with Oscar too as that's a character I like but seems superfluous currently.

So many owls.
The drug is like an amnesia-inducing version of LSD, except that the initial euphoria leads into channeled aggression, then into a semi-comatose state wherein the victim is constantly thinking about "Fraulein Eule", and then finally into a "blank slate" state upon which both a whole new personality, and new memories, can be crafted and stored. I wonder if Fujiko remembers any past details about her life before she was in the process of being an experimental subject. If so, that would explain Fritz' cryptic comment about how Fujiko was never "born", because her own birth and mind formation was manipulated by Glaucus Pharmaceuticals.

This whole plot reeks of Kenji Eno and Osamu Tezuka having a film-noir bastard child, and yet I love it so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom