• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Sorry for spoiling Moyashimon if I did. The reason why it is different than other cases like this is

He's the main character's best friend Kei. He starts attending the Agriculture University with the MC. He's dressed and looks like a boy. At some point in the anime he has to go do something and leaves the University. MC doesn't see him for awhile, and then all of sudden he meets this Gothic Girl outside a store, and it happens to be his friend.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Sorry for spoiling Moyashimon if I did. The reason why it is different than other cases like this is

He's the main character's best friend Kei. He starts attending the Agriculture University with the MC. He's dressed and looks like a boy. At some point in the anime he has to go do something and leaves the University. MC doesn't seem him for awhile, and then all of sudden he meets this Gothic Girl outside a store, and it happens to be his friend.

Yes, from what I've heard,
it's more similar to what you would find in Wandering Son, then, say, Needless.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
In the kitchen?

bunk-the-wire.gif

Ice. Cold.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
The Tantami Galaxy 6-11 END

About 3/4 of the way in I was getting kinda bored with the show, but the last two episodes finished the series really well and made it worth it.

So yeah, good job Shaft.

Eureka Seven Ep. 35

Shôtarô Suga wrote this episode, so it's not surprising that I didn't like it. His previous episodes have all been less than stellar as well. The episode director's track record with the series isn't that great either. The animation director was the same as episode 26, so it should have been fantastic. Unfortunately, while the animation was ambitious, the budget just wasn't there. There was even a blatant reuse of animation from the second OP. There was some nice original animation, but overall it didn't flow well.
Time to watch Moyashimon
So you are one of those people.

About 3/4 of the way in I was getting kinda bored with the show, but the last two episodes finished the series really well and made it worth it.

So yeah, good job Shaft.
See, SHAFT can do good work. Wait a minute...

So yeah, good job Shaft.

Poor Yuasa.

(Really, if nothing else the lavish animation should be a dead giveaway that we're not dealing with Shaft here.)

survivor

Banned
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? of the Dead 5-6

Sick Eu was adorable. Loved how Anderson just trolled Ayumu. I don't think he was in the first season but he should appear more often, he is class A troll

Whatever story is progressing, it's really random. I still don't understand what this professor with all the blood wants or the purpose of the drunk girl. The comedy is still well done so that's all what matters.

Ultimadrago

Eureka Seven Ep. 35

Speaking of, what are your thoughts on it thus far?

I haven't been able to get a good grasp on your general impressions.
Most of the ones I've read have been generally apathetic/critical, but I haven't read them all, so that could be a mislead generalization.

I haven't watched the series, just curious as to your feel on it so far.

Speaking of, what are your thoughts on it thus far?

I haven't been able to get a good grasp on your general impressions.
Most of the ones I've read have been generally apathetic/critical, but I haven't read them all, so that could be a mislead generalization.

I haven't watched the series, just curious as to your feel on it so far.
It's very flawed but enjoyable. There is only a handful of episodes that I would say are good, with the rest being mediocre to poor.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Moeretsu Pirates 18

Marika being awesome

Chiaki being awesome

I could have done without the silly highschool stuff in this arc, but otherwise it was really good.

Nyaruko 7

First half was good, I was waiting for a punchline the entire second half but it never came. :(

Branduil

http://www.vinto-de-pint.com/

Okay, I think we have almost enough hints to solve one big mystery with regards to the supporting staff for this show:

- The main writer is also a manga author (probably not an artist though)
- The mecha designer also does original character concept designs for other shows
- The mecha designer and the main writer have worked together on a previous project

Any guesses? Come on, let's put our brains together! There aren't that many character illustrators who also do mecha design work, and how many of them could have worked before with a manga author who also does anime writing work?

This mystery is certainly banal enough to be on Hyouka. I'm sure Houtarou would have solved it already.

Sankarea 8
tumblr_m4loaq4PzJ1rrdqxbo1_500.gif

I didn't think the episode was that bad, at least with the wanko first half and the
kidnapping plot and yasutaku
second half, it was enjoyable. Don't see how the situation can be resolved, so am curious what the anime does next week.

Oh Bahbu is pretty
kawaii
as the fandom would say.

Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? of the Dead 5-6

Sick Eu was adorable. Loved how Anderson just trolled Ayumu. I don't think he was in the first season but he should appear more often, he is class A troll

Whatever story is progressing, it's really random. I still don't understand what this professor with all the blood wants or the purpose of the drunk girl. The comedy is still well done so that's all what matters.

Watch 7 now.

Makoto

they are different characters (the girl with the brown hairs is the best friend of Wanko)
I see, did she show up in episode 8? Because now I'm wondering who this person was:
Edit: That shot was coupled with the character in question saying,
"I"m going to take it easy today." Only to be succeeded by an establishing shot of the bathhouse Wanko
was in. So I assumed it was just Wanko.

Eh, I keep watching the sequence and I'm sure the above from episode 8 was Wanko, mainly because of the continuity of shots and because, if it is her best friend, we never see her again in the episode.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい

So yeah, good job Shaft.

Yeah the premise itself does lend the show to redundancy.

7th is owned.

wonzo

Banned
I initially just wanted to protect it but later accepted that my role was to eat it.
So it tasted quite good.
but did you really taste it?

arjuna4.jpg

I don't really know but now that they have done I am reminded how much I dislike their presence and feel that they are entirely unnecessary. Get that crap off my screen
fortunately it hasn't spread to any of their other shows yet

But perhaps they should!
Think of the possibilities!
why do you take delight in such horrifying possibilities?

Area no Kishi 21
tumblr_m4lviatqsw1qbxqfpo1_500.png

80% of the episode felt like filler, just a festival to get to see characters react in silly ways. Oh and Seven's Red Card thing never gets old. Yusuke seemed like a cool player in the beginning and Asuka seems like he has potential. I wanted actual soccer to be played this episode :/

Geneijin

If that were the case then surely he'd just recommend watching episode 25, because that's all that really matters if you are just looking for a pretty show.
Edit: How can one forget about the other clips? Small as they may be, they are sexy too.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
tsuritama 7

I want to learn the Enoshima dance.

That was a good follow-up to last week's great episode. Haru
redeemed himself by saving Sakura with his alien reflexes. And he didn't stay in mind-controlled mode, thankfully. He even got worried about what would happen to the crew if they went out to sea again.
Meanwhile, there was Natsuki... Woooow, man.
That slap was way outta line.

Shit's getting weird, too.

Branduil

I must say, I haven't heard anyone describe Star Driver with quite the same flavour as you, but I fundamentally disagree. More than half of the time it doesn't even look good at all and there are far too many stretches where it is actively boring.

I can't even begin to fathom why it had to last 25 episodes.

It probably would have been better as 6 episode OVA or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom