• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

but did you really taste it?

arjuna4.jpg

I hope AKB0048 is a big enough success for Kawamori to make the sequel to Arjuna that we all deserve.

Eureka Seven Ep. 36

Another Yuuichi Nomura episode? Another Yuuichi Nomura episode. -_-

ibfTSXeyyCJOa.gif

This episode in a nutshell.

iYy6KsrlTSkJa.gif

It's worth noting that Sayo Yamamoto did the storyboards for this episode, and I think it was directed by a woman too.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Eureka Seven AO 07

What the hell?!

Ao got NTR'd. But whatever, hopefully her absence will allow for something to happen between him and Fleur, or better yet Elena.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Fairy Tail 27:

Vfe6Xl.jpg

DBZ steals from Fairy Tail too? Before I know it, I'll have uncovered theft of Mashima's genius by every influential mangaka in the history of the medium.

The anime did an okay job of making Natsu and Gajeel seem evenly-matched. That is, until the last moment when
Gajeel's steel suddenly cracks. Because Natsu.
I'll take it.

Fairy Tail 28:

Makarov vs. Jose
was actually kind of exciting until it devolved into
lobbing blobs of energy at each other
. I can't believe that whatever studio is doing this won't even allocate extra resources for climactic fights. Welp,
light beats darkness etc etc. so Jose is toast, just like that. This show desperately needs a recurring villain, and not that smug blue-haired guy in the mage council.

survivor

Banned
Fairy Tail 27:

While reading your Fairy Tail impressions I always found it weird how I barely recognize any of the pictures or arcs. I mean I know I read the manga long time ago, but compared to other shounen manga, Fairy Tail really doesn't have any memorable arcs, fights or scenes.

Fairy Tail 27:

The anime did an okay job of making Natsu and Gajeel seem evenly-matched. That is, until the last moment when
Gajeel's steel suddenly cracks. Because Natsu.
I'll take it.

Fairy Tail 28:

Makarov vs. Jose
was actually kind of exciting until it devolved into
lobbing blobs of energy at each other
. I can't believe that whatever studio is doing this won't even allocate extra resources for climactic fights. Welp,
light beats darkness etc etc. so Jose is toast, just like that. This show desperately needs a recurring villain, and not that smug blue-haired guy in the mage council.

He made me laugh so much when watching the anime, the best antagonist in the series. Everything about him in the Tower of Heaven arc is so good for an antagonist.

trejo

Sai Mecha 2012, Round 1 – Colonies Side

WD-M01 Turn A Gundam (Turn A Gundam)

Black Getter (Getter Robo: Apocalypse)

MS-07B Gouf Custom (Gundam: The 08th MS Team)

Tachikoma (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex)

Gunbuster (Top wo Nerai! Gunbuster)

Gao Gai Gar (The King of Braves Gao Gai Gar)

Escaflowne (Tenkuu no Escaflowne)

YF-29 Durandal (Macross Frontier movies)

Thoraxes

E7 AO - 07

Oh shit, that definitely was
THEEND Prototype underneath the base. Oh shit. This would make sense as to how they did the development of the initial prototypes for the newer IFOs as well.

Truth
is cool, I need to know what kind of
mindfuck powers he has, because it's pretty obvious that everything that happened in Ao's dreams was real, minus the part about himself being there. Also, what the fuck makes Naru so special?

Additionally, I now think that Truth has the ability to use the Seven Swell or Scub Bursts to travel to the other world. Maybe i'm reading into it too much, but when he said the "This world is boring" part, I almost half expected it to show us him going to the other world.

Not to mention all the other shit that's going down.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
AKB0048 4

The CG fans in this episode broke a new level in terribleness. The worst thing about them is that it's impossible to pay attention to anything else when they show up, haha. Meanwhile, two of the AKB girls are getting punished. They'll obviously never be able to become successors... Because they aren't able to morph to CG mode for the duration of an entire performance. It's a shame, really, but it's also the tough reality every idol candidate must face.

This episode was lacking in hilarity, but it had a little bit of suffering, and I'll take what I can get. It seemed a bit unfair how, for some reason,
Chieri got the blame in that situation. Hell, it seemed like she was defending Kanata there... But I guess I was wrong? I mean... "What did you do to Nagisa?" Come on.

Please make the new girls the main characters.

Imagine how glorious it'd be if
all the current successors died horrible, gory deaths and the little girls had to replace them in a hurry?
I think this would become one of my favorite shows ever.

Until that happens... I can only laugh at the "to be next stage" in the final shot of each episode.

Eureka 7 AO 7
tumblr_m4e7bc1qFR1r0toyco1_250.jpg

For such an enigmatic character, they really made him as interesting and cool as Ao. I really do want to know about this truth that he is pursuing. One scene I almost thought he was gonna sing. Nevertheless, epic abilities.

Plot wise
why after Nalu, she has been and is just so boring that Im shocked they actually are trying to center stuff around her. Can't she just remain on the island while Ao, Truth and everyone else in Generation Blue etc do stuff. Trying to bring romance feels odd, when we ought to be building friendship and camaraderie with Generation Blue and co. Regardless, ignoring that tiny moment, everything else in the episode was solid to amazing.

Uchip

Banned
E7 AO - 07

Oh shit, that definitely was
THEEND Prototype underneath the base. Oh shit. This would make sense as to how they did the development of the initial prototypes for the newer IFOs as well.

Truth
is cool, I need to know what kind of
mindfuck powers he has, because it's pretty obvious that everything that happened in Ao's dreams was real, minus the part about himself being there. Also, what the fuck makes Naru so special?

Additionally, I now think that Truth has the ability to use the Seven Swell or Scub Bursts to travel to the other world. Maybe i'm reading into it too much, but when he said the "This world is boring" part, I almost half expected it to show us him going to the other world.

Not to mention all the other shit that's going down.

it also makes absolutely no sense
since TheEND was destroyed :|
if they pull a
Matrix
on us, then all of the early episodes were pointless

trejo

AKB0048 4

Being an idoru is suffering...

This episode didn't have anywhere near as much insanity as I have come to expect, nay, demand. This is a sure fire way to make me stop caring about this show altogether so here's hoping this one was just an unfortunate exception.

Also, I promise to never make fun of the Precure EDs again. Eugh.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Legend of the Galactic Heroes] 023

Fuck you Oberstein.
Fuck you Prince Douchebag.
Fuck you Nephew of Prince Douchebag.
Fuck you Lohengramm.
Fuck you Kircheis
for not being there to guide Lohengramm the right way
Fuck you Empire.
Fuck them all.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
While reading your Fairy Tail impressions I always found it weird how I barely recognize any of the pictures or arcs. I mean I know I read the manga long time ago, but compared to other shounen manga, Fairy Tail really doesn't have any memorable arcs, fights or scenes.

I read through the end of Phantom Lord a couple of years ago, and I don't recognize much in the anime of what I recall from the manga either. After the fact, there are certainly things that just make me go "oh, yeah, I guess that happened" but for every time I recognize a scene there's something that takes me completely by surprise like Natsu and Gajeel suddenly being able to fly through the air in this episode. I suppose it speaks to just how inconsequential the particulars of each fight end up being.

Oh, I think you'll be changing your tune pretty soon.
Not like you have a choice.

He seems like he has the potential for villain douchery, but I'm going to need some convincing.

Thoraxes

it also makes absolutely no sense
since TheEND was destroyed :|
if they pull a
Matrix
on us, then all of the early episodes were pointless

If I had to guess, it wasn't
fully destroyed and the archetype was salvaged into the Scub, and when they split the worlds at the end of E7, THEEND archetype went with it.

Most of the world of AO seems to be salvaged and/or remains from the other world.

Oh oh! Also, I think Elena
was definitely Mirror or it's her twin. Omigawa was definitely voicing her. I'm almost willing to bet that she's there undercover for America or some shit, because she was definitely snooping.

Uchip

Banned
If I had to guess, it wasn't
fully destroyed and the archetype was salvaged into the Scub, and when they split the worlds at the end of E7, THEEND archetype went with it.

Most of the world of AO seems to be salvaged and/or remains from the other world.

Oh oh! Also, I think Elena
was definitely Mirror or it's her twin. Omigawa was definitely voicing her. I'm almost willing to bet that she's there undercover for America or some shit, because she was definitely snooping.

Still doesn't make sense that they would rebuild it with the same casing then
What do you mean by "split the worlds" ?
The alien life left and took half of them with it right?, not sure what you mean by worlds though. Are you saying that it left earth and made a copy of it somewhere in space?

Accel World 8

That was the most ridiculous lead ups to a Burst Link fight in the series. Haru being
smug in the bath
was priceless. And of course we get an excellent
psycho loli
out of it.

The fight itself was pretty good, but it's a pretty big reminder that there's no way we'll get to some of the top level people this season. At least the show is doing well, so we'll probably get another.

Thoraxes

Still doesn't make sense that they would rebuild it with the same casing then
What do you mean by
"split the worlds"
?
The alien life left and took half of them with it right?, not sure what you mean by worlds though. Are you saying that it left earth and made a copy of it somewhere in space?

I need to find you that image.

The one where they explain
at the end how half the population and scub left the original planet to form the second one, and then talk about how they'll will merge again if it becomes possible that both can co-exist again. I'm not aware of how they did it at the end of E7, just that it happened.

Also, for
THEEND
the shoulders line up,
really thin arms and legs with no plating on them, just like the Nirvash archetype, with the major point being the main color from it is red, like it is on THEEND.

I'm guessing that though the
outside was destroyed, the core of the model, the archetype around which the armor is built somehow got salvaged by/into the scub, and was transported to the other world when half of them left.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Eureka Seven AO 07:

TRUTH JINGLES. LIKE INGA. FUCK YOU BOOOOOOONNNNNNNEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

So, the way that I interpreted this,
Truth mindfucks Ao but the visions that Ao is experiencing actually happened, just wish Truth posing as Ao.

What special significance Haru has and how Truth knows Eureka remain unclear. He's hinted that he's possibly from the original E7 timeline, which gives the plot freedom to go in pretty much any direction at this point.

Just please don't fuck up the original timeline, BONES. E7 ended perfectly. Wait, I'm just saying the same thing that I said before E7AO even aired. Allow me, then, to simply reaffirm my hope that BONES is really really careful with how it treats any events in the story that occur post-E7.

I got nothing speculation-wise. This episode mostly served to set up the next phase of the story.

I mean seeing Haru actually beating top level people.

And not really. The best long LNs usually get are multiple seasons like Shana and stuff. Only the popular ones get fully adapted.

This makes me wonder if Season 3 of Haruhi Suzumiya is ever going to happen. The first four light novels have been fully adapted to anime, along with the first two short stories in the fifth and sixth light novels. There are currently eleven light novels in the series, so there is plenty of story for another anime, movie, or OVA compilation.

Thoraxes

Eureka Seven AO 07:

TRUTH JINGLES. LIKE INGA. FUCK YOU BOOOOOOONNNNNNNEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

So, the way that I interpreted this,
Truth mindfucks Ao but the visions that Ao is experiencing actually happened, just wish Truth posing as Ao.

What special significance Haru has and how Truth knows Eureka remain unclear. He's hinted that he's possibly from the original E7 timeline, which gives the plot freedom to go in pretty much any direction at this point.

Just please don't fuck up the original timeline, BONES. E7 ended perfectly. Wait, I'm just saying the same thing that I said before E7AO even aired. Allow me, then, to simply reaffirm my hope that BONES is really really careful with how it treats any events in the story that occur post-E7.

I got nothing speculation-wise. This episode mostly served to set up the next phase of the story.

There is some deep shit going on. Also, what's your opinion on who
Mirror really is? I think it's Elena because that was without a doubt Chiaki Omigawa's voice. Why would Elena be snooping in GB?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
This makes me wonder if Season 3 of Haruhi Suzumiya is ever going to happen. The first four light novels have been fully adapted to anime, along with the first two short stories in the fifth and sixth light novels. There are currently eleven light novels in the series, so there is plenty of story for another anime, movie, or OVA compilation.

I don't know if we'll ever get another TV season... But we'll definitely get another film or an OVA.

Branduil

Given the success of Disappearance after they nearly ruined the franchise they might just stick to movies. Of course that assumes the later novels have movie-worthy storylines.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Manyuu Hikenchou 06:

Well that was kind of a nothing episode, which is absolutely for the best.
The villain gives up halfway through the series? Pathetic.
I hope you're loving dat manservice in Brave 10, Chet. I really, really hope so.

I don't know if we'll ever get another TV season... But we'll definitely get another film or an OVA.
Given the success of Disappearance after they nearly ruined the franchise they might just stick to movies. Of course that assumes the later novels have movie-worthy storylines.

I would be happy with any form to continue the series, but at the moment I am most looking forward to owning the seventh light novel next month when it finally ships.

survivor

Banned
I would be happy with any form to continue the series, but at the moment I am most looking forward to owning the seventh light novel next month when it finally ships.

It's pretty cool how Yen Press is the only company that bothers with translating light novels these days. I wish they would expand and pick up more LNs. Something like Durarara would be too perfect.

Jarmel

Banned
Eureka Seven Ep. 35

Shôtarô Suga wrote this episode, so it's not surprising that I didn't like it. His previous episodes have all been less than stellar as well. The episode director's track record with the series isn't that great either. The animation director was the same as episode 26, so it should have been fantastic. Unfortunately, while the animation was ambitious, the budget just wasn't there. There was even a blatant reuse of animation from the second OP. There was some nice original animation, but overall it didn't flow well.

Yoshida was another animation director for episode 26 so it was probably mostly his work on 26. Nakata also did work on 26 so I'm sure some of that is him too.

They kinda don't except for the one where they're snowbound but that's more of an OVA even then. There definitely is enough material for another TV series though. I think they will do another TV series, they just learned not to fuck too bad with the fanbase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom