• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tsuritama 3

QUyro.jpg

Ducks get all the human ladies. It's not fair!

I think I might like this little duck.

You can literally see the scorn of jealous against the duck from Mr. Pink in the background.

Narag

Rebirth of Buddha

I'd never seen a Bleach movie before but if the others are this entertaining, I should look into them. Ichigo was pretty useless for the majority of the film however.

Ultimadrago

Rebirth of Buddha

b0kAt.jpg

Art done by "green" of Pixiv

This OVA had more of THE TRUTH. It's an action-packed adventure that is informative of the EVILS of your television and anything not Happy Science. Sayako protects Japan from the dark media and "bad cult" with the help of her "good cult."

Happy Science has done it again!

Fate/Zero 23
Epic, just so epic.
Gil vs. Rider was amazing. Just the final toast at the start was a good touch and the battle itself was pretty amazing. Amusement of all the tricks that Gil has up his sleeve. The ending with Weaver and Gil was awesome as well.
One of the best episodes ever. I really can't imagine the last ones topping this.

Really Saber? You are going to try and talk to Berserker? There's a reason he's called Berserker.

Medaka Box 10

War God Mode! Yeahhhhhh! I always thought the hair color would be like purple or something, not pink, but w/e.

Those last few minutes were awesome. Next episode should be great. Too bad this is ending soon.

duckroll

uToNs.jpg

Zetsuen no Tempest main staff confirmed:

Director: Masahiro Ando
Series Composition: Mari Okada
Character Design: Tsunenori Saito
Music: Michiru Oshima
Art Concept Design: Tomoaki Okada
Color Design: Shihoko Nakayama
Supervising Animation Directors: Masaru Oshiro, Hiroki Kanno
Animation Production: BONES

Defuser

Space Bros ep 11
Fuck,I can't believe I have to wait next week to hear the answer. I didn't expect this kind of cliffhanger, so goooood.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Saki: Achiga-hen 3

http://i.imgur.com/9h1VF.jpg?1

Hahaha, what in the holy name of pacing did I just witness? Did they just
finish the qualifying round, go around and play against all these other high schools, hold the training camp and go to the fucking nationals
all in one episode? This is insane.

Oh and holy shit at
the Saki appearance near the end. She is such as a beast, she is going to totally destroy Achiga isn't she?
Best pacing! It was amazed when I saw it too. :p

Only a 10 episode show? They must be saving some quality material for the BDs.
So was Kore we Zombie. I have no idea what's going on any more!

----
The only interesting thing about Space Brothers is that in this future, they didn't bother finding a replacement for
the shuttle
. No more boondoggles, I suppose.

Branduil

My Older Sister Can't Be This Shounenbro: Final Chapter

I've been informed tonight that my sister can no longer tolerate Fairy Tail. After the end of the Phantom Lord arc, she's concluded that she loathes everything about it and expressed great relief when I told her that she had no obligation to continue watching. Success?

You should watch something actually good with her like Fate/Zero.

Good. Ando isn't a BL director, he's all about bros being bros.

Well there's definitely a lot of that. Good old fashioned platonic bro love. Spiral: Bonds of Reasoning was the same way. Shirodaira just likes his bishounens.

Blue Exorcist on the other hand was by an actual BL mangaka IIRC, so yeah...

Narag

Space Bros ep 11
Fuck,I can't believe I have to wait next week to hear the answer. I didn't expect this kind of cliffhanger, so goooood.

Space Bros 12 speculation time so click at your own risk!
I don't think it's going to be anything complicated. I think Mutta saw the JAXA guy's watch before they got into the hatch. He's unnaturally observant and at 14:40 or so they make it a point to show he's wearing one if only briefly.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Space Bros 12 speculation time so click at your own risk!
I don't think it's going to be anything complicated. I think Mutta saw the JAXA guy's watch before they got into the hatch. He's unnaturally observant and at 14:40 or so they make it a point to show he's wearing one if only briefly.
The preview pretty much hints to this as well.

Ultimadrago

Rebirth of Buddha

I'd never seen a Bleach movie before but if the others are this entertaining, I should look into them. Ichigo was pretty useless for the majority of the film however.

I regret to inform you that the Bleach films are nowhere near that entertaining. Sadly, only a couple character designs and some uncanny techniques are similar.

Anything to get otaku to eat better.

Are you telling me Pocky doesn't give you strong bones?

Midori Days 08
StrvO.gif

Normally you don't chop things like this.
Pretty cool episode with a decent concept. Take our oddly paired duo and switch their places! Now we got Seiji as Midori's right hand. Instant story!
Besides that, it was pretty nice way of getting the two to understand each other more and to bring them closer together. I mean, I guess this means they are falling even more in love!

Midori Days 08
StrvO.gif

Normally you don't chop things like this.
Pretty cool episode with a decent concept. Take our oddly paired duo and switch their places! Now we got Seiji as Midori's right hand. Instant story!
Besides that, it was pretty nice way of getting the two to understand each other more and to bring them closer together. I mean, I guess this means they are falling even more in love!
Who doesn't love their right hand?

Kagami

I don't know what I'd do without Femmeworth to give me the reactions I crave.

Speaking of Ro-Kyu-Bu!, the author and illustrator have apparently put it on hold for a while and started a new novel series called Tenshi no 3P ("Angel 3P")
It's about a high school boy who winds up acting as producer for a rock band of three fifth-grade girls.

61d5BX8B0EL.jpg

It just started so it'll be a few years before it winds up animated if it does.

EDIT: Actually this may be a one-shot. Apparently it ends in a way open for continuation but not requiring it.

Grzi

I just watched the first episode of Toradora and hoooly shiiiiit I'm sold! That was fantastic!

Great choice. Just finished it myself recently and loved it.

Kuroko no Basket 10 - DAT PASS. Show continues to be really great, definitely something more people should try to watch.

Medaka Box 10 - For being so hyped, the genre shift was kind of underwhelming. Better than the stuff at the beginning, sure, but still not as good as people made it out to be. I was going to say that it'll improve hopefully, but I realized there's two more episodes until the end. Oh well, here's hoping for some good sakuga in those episodes and a second season where the shounen stuff begins to shine.

Branduil

Speaking of Ro-Kyu-Bu!, the author and illustrator have apparently put it on hold for a while and started a new novel series called Tenshi no 3P ("Angel 3P")
It's about a high school boy who winds up acting as producer for a rock band of three fifth-grade girls.

His next story: a high school boy sets out to acquire a harem of kindergartners.

Oh, I guess that's too direct. Can't give up the game like that.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/I/61d5BX8B0EL.jpg

It just started so it'll be a few years before it winds up animated if it does.

EDIT: Actually this may be a one-shot. Apparently it ends in a way open for continuation but not requiring it.

I take it this guy has a thing about training lolis.

Medaka Box 10 - For being so hyped, the genre shift was kind of underwhelming. Better than the stuff at the beginning, sure, but still not as good as people made it out to be. I was going to say that it'll improve hopefully, but I realized there's two more episodes until the end. Oh well, here's hoping for some good sakuga in those episodes and a second season where the shounen stuff begins to shine.

To be fair, the genre shift was mostly hyped up before we knew it would only be 12 episodes. The current arc is really just an introduction to the school's more extreme aspects. The one following it is much better and the one after that introduces us to one of the most entertaining characters in the medium.

Dresden

eureka seven ao - 07

That was odd.

I don't like Kaworu.

That favorite of gaf, NTR.

Naru should get more clothes on. She's 12.

duckroll

To be fair, the genre shift was mostly hyped up before we knew it would only be 12 episodes. The current arc is really just an introduction to the school's more extreme aspects. The one following it is much better and the one after that introduces us to one of the most entertaining characters in the medium.

Believe in season 2?

Defuser

Bunch of dirty bastards, even the title is blatant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom