• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

Fate/Zero 23

Heat will shimmer across the far distance of the endlessly continuing horizon until the day I reach it

What is left in my hands is a strong bond and an emblem of a promise
Crossing over time and space they still remain unfading

The dream of long ago that drove me on
When I close my eyes it’s in my hands

Stand up with those feelings in your heart
Someday they’ll resound to the blue sky that we dreamed of

The dream that we promised to one another at that time and on that day may not have a shape
I’ll aim across the horizon with my heart sworn companions

Let’s go together and kick up a sand storm
Until we reach the farthest ends of the land
Lyrics excerpts from End of the Earth, image song of Rider, from the Fate/Zero tribute album "Prayer", by Eir Aoi.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
sounds like you're not attuned with the truth

oV1NXl.jpg

Instro

I don't know what I'd do without Femmeworth to give me the reactions I crave.

Speaking of Ro-Kyu-Bu!, the author and illustrator have apparently put it on hold for a while and started a new novel series called Tenshi no 3P ("Angel 3P")
It's about a high school boy who winds up acting as producer for a rock band of three fifth-grade girls.

61d5BX8B0EL.jpg

It just started so it'll be a few years before it winds up animated if it does.

EDIT: Actually this may be a one-shot. Apparently it ends in a way open for continuation but not requiring it.

Someone alert darkside to this big news.

I don't know what I'd do without Femmeworth to give me the reactions I crave.
ij1LtVJQO5yFi.gif

I'm on to you.
Speaking of Ro-Kyu-Bu!, the author and illustrator have apparently put it on hold for a while and started a new novel series called Tenshi no 3P ("Angel 3P")
It's about a high school boy who winds up acting as producer for a rock band of three fifth-grade girls.

It just started so it'll be a few years before it winds up animated if it does.

EDIT: Actually this may be a one-shot. Apparently it ends in a way open for continuation but not requiring it.
Hopefully the next new series is about the author's experience in prison.

Grzi

To be fair, the genre shift was mostly hyped up before we knew it would only be 12 episodes. The current arc is really just an introduction to the school's more extreme aspects. The one following it is much better and the one after that introduces us to one of the most entertaining characters in the medium.

Do you think they could fit both of those arcs in another 12 episodes?

Believe in season 2?

I want to believe!

Do you think they could fit both of those arcs in another 12 episodes?

Unfortunately no. If we got another season, it would definitely only cover the 2nd post-genre shift arc. That of course would be fine since it's good, but would be quite the tease, especially since it ends with the introduction of said entertaining character.

Best case scenario, an apparent 2nd season skyrockets in ratings and sales compared to the first, leading to a 3rd season and/or an extra cour for s2. Unlikely though.

sleepykyo

Medaka Box 10

War God Mode! Yeahhhhhh! I always thought the hair color would be like purple or something, not pink, but w/e.

Those last few minutes were awesome. Next episode should be great. Too bad this is ending soon.

I kind of feel weird since it is basically Ichigo with boobs.

edit: It's really staying action orientated? :/

Articalys

Oh, one other thing relating to Fate/Zero 23:

Really, what are the odds that two heroic spirits would get pulled from the same legend?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
You should watch something actually good with her like Fate/Zero.

That might be too risky. If she doesn't like it, I might have to disown her, and I don't want to have to do that.

Thats surprising, Fairy Tail is the better paced and action packed one, not a fan of none of the characters or something?

What other shounen were you subconsciously comparing Fairy Tail to when you wrote this?

Well, as far as I can tell, she hated everything.

I'm thinking you might get to a point where you want to watch many episodes at once, probably in the middle of the next arc. Though that's mainly because it gets cliffhanger shounen pacing.

I certainly never actively hope to dislike anything that I watch, so I hope you're right and that I come to enjoy the show more.

F/Z 23

Was amazing, but kinda underwhelming in a way.
This holy grail war thing needs a balance patch.

Kuroko's basketball 10

Basketball is seriouz business.

i13V6vAbDinIB.gif

Uchip

Banned
Oh, one other thing relating to Fate/Zero 23:

Really, what are the odds that two heroic spirits would get pulled from the same legend?

really questioning that when we have a blonde, feminine looking gilgamesh? and Joan of Arc supposedly resembling saber makes no sense either
none of it is is in any way accurate so its best to just accept it

What other shounen were you subconsciously comparing Fairy Tail to when you wrote this?

I dont know but I cant think of a shounen anime with less redeeming features than Fairy Tail
It honestly has nothing going for it

Dresden

You betcha. See if you can match the remaining song names with who they belong to:

Lament
Roses
Under the Mask
Lapse from Virtue
Fade into Black
Crimson Eyes

Lament - Lancer
Roses - Saber
Under the Mask - Berserker
Lapse from Virtue - Caster
Fade into Black - Assassin
Crimson Eyes - Archer

?

Ultimadrago

You betcha. See if you can match the remaining song names with who they belong to:

Lament
Roses
Under the Mask
Lapse from Virtue
Fade into Black
Crimson Eyes

Hmm

Lament - Lancer
Roses - Saber
Under the Mask - Beserker
Fate into Black - Assassin
Crimson Eyes - Archer

Edit: Dammit dresden!

I kind of feel weird since it is basically Ichigo with boobs.

edit: It's really staying action orientated? :/

Well the anime is ending in 2 episodes, but yeah, the story continues in an action oriented direction. In fact, it gets a lot of characters with some of the most broken abilities in fiction, period. Kind of funny it started out the way it did.

I dont know but I cant think of a shounen anime with less redeeming features than Fairy Tail
It honestly has nothing going for it

Beelzebub (because censorship)
Black Cat
Black Butler
Busou Renkin
Kekkaishi
Nura (because DEEN apparently)

Of course this is all subjective anyway.

Articalys

Lament - Lancer
Roses - Saber
Under the Mask - Berserker
Fade into Black - Assassin
Crimson Eyes - Archer

?
Hmm

Lament - Lancer
Roses - Saber
Under the Mask - Beserker
Fate into Black - Assassin
Crimson Eyes - Archer

Edit: Dammit dresden!
In all fairness, I probably should have also provided the lyrics for these songs as well; I'll remedy that now. At any rate, the true pairings are:

Lament - theme for Saber
Roses - theme for Lancer
Under the Mask - theme for Assassin
Lapse from Virtue - theme for Caster
Fade into Black - theme for Berserker
Crimson Eyes - theme for Archer
And for completeness, the full lyrics for End of the Earth, which I guess is now pretty obviously the theme for Rider.

I can see from song name along how the two mixed pairs of songs could be confused, though. My apologies.

Terrible animation and character design isn't really subjective though

Character design is definitely subjective. Animation isn't I suppose, but whether it looks good or not can be.

Tsuritama 9

Shit is going down. I love how chill Kate is about the whole thing.

Grzi

Is this where we make fun of the horrible design for Jack the Ripper?

Ivd2T.png

She's bad, but man, I'd love to see Karna, Saint George and Siegfried animated.

Look at this guy:

422px-George_i.png

He's got dragon feet and shit.

Oh, and Siegfried's sword has a mini-cape!

612px-Balmung.jpg

Shit's badass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom