• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimadrago

Tsuritama 3

UNOe9.jpg

Eno-shi-ma Booooooooooooooooooowl!

I am hungry.

So, I'm learning about fishing! At least, I think I am. A nice episode,
Yuki's grandmother puts on quite the face in order to not worry him about her health. The flower analogy was a bit in my face, but got its point across. The off-model motion for Yuki's individual "Enoshima bowl" and first-person view really helped make the moment.
Yuki's energy rubbed off on Natsuki also...FRIENDSHIP GROWING!

Side note: The harmonica and flute audio make for a fitting feel to the show. Nothing I would put on my iPod, but it does set the tone quite nicely for me.

QUyro.jpg

Ducks get all the human ladies. It's not fair!

I think I might like this little duck.

/XX/

Guess that makes sense. Rather disappointed they just magically produce new magazines rather than chugging down a box full of rounds since it's meant to be food to them (that they shoot out of their hair).
Yeah, I know that... it is certainly better not trying to make sense out of these things. Well, except if it is implied heavily or something, like in the previous response. All this comes as a weird mix of 'intended or not' instances depending on how much well thought-out the author has his own work...

... and the author can always pretend and later come with a more or less satisfactory explanation for everyone on-the-go, so...

Reknoc

Ginga e Kickoff 1

Seems like a typical sports show. I do like the art though, it's cute and there are some pretty great faces pulled.

cajunator

Banned
Fate/Zero 23:

I honestly thought he was gonna kill Waver at the end there. Lancelot looks like Caster m2 (same buggy eyes), only with evil Golum teeth or whatever. Oh Saber, you're so hnnnng, but not a very good king. >>;

Agreed on all fronts including Saber being super cute but also the worst king ever.

Andrew J.

Fate/Zero 01

This is one of those shows that I have no interest in seeing personally, but is so popular that I have to watch it just to maintain a minimum level of cultural literacy. Hopefully I can catch up before the final episode two weeks from now. Plus, I've been spoiled by all the reaction posts here, so I'll enjoy it more.

I'd heard the first episode was really talking, but aside from the first Kirei//Tokiomi scene no one conversation goes on too long, so it doesn't really feel like it drags too much.

Conspiratorial dialogue between Joji Nakata and Show Hayami is about as ominous-sounding as it's possible to be.

Emiya's the narrator from Mouretsu Pirates! It's weird hearing that voice actually coming out of someone's mouth.

Waver's level of enthusiasm seems a bit high. He's way too chipper for someone embarking on such a dangerous enterprise.

Fate/Zero 01

This is one of those shows that I have no interest in seeing personally, but is so popular that I have to watch it just to maintain a minimum level of cultural literacy.

Watch what you want to watch, not what is popular. If they end up coinciding, then it's just icing on the cake.

Go_Ly_Dow

fate/zero 23

suckithaters.gif

come on kariyaaaaaaaa!!! do me proud and at least reach the final episode!

the bromance was also extremely touching this episode :(

Uchip

Banned
fate/zero 23
Literature/History Otaku pandering
And why is Saber wearing a nekomimi maid outfit
this show sucks
this show is great

Fate/Zero 01

This is one of those shows that I have no interest in seeing personally, but is so popular that I have to watch it just to maintain a minimum level of cultural literacy. Hopefully I can catch up before the final episode two weeks from now. Plus, I've been spoiled by all the reaction posts here, so I'll enjoy it more.

Waver's level of enthusiasm seems a bit high. He's way too chipper for someone embarking on such a dangerous enterprise.

Waver is epic, perfect personality.

As long as you have a character or some to cheer on I think interest in the anime should develop.

Andrew J.

Fate/Zero 02

Waver's gone beyond youthful obliviousness to danger towards outright stupidity and, frankly, rudeness.

Oh look, a creep played by Akira Ishida. That's original.

And Caster's even worse. Jesus.

Kirei
didn't hesitate at all to backstab Tokiomi, did he? I'd have thought he'd at least feign cooperation and take out a few other Masters first.

Assassin showed off some cool moves evading the security system but Archer took him down like a chump. Wonder if Kirei's plan was to kill Assassin for some reason.

Sankarea 10

This really seemed like a continuation of episode 2, even in terms of visuals. The picture frame was a nice touch to transition into the flashback.

I do think there being so many filler flashback episodes does kind of lessen the impact. Here, it adds to Dan'ichiro's character, but the other 2 were unnecessary. They probably want to end it with the
fencing match and Furuya's discovery of his own zombie powers,
which I guess is a good stopping point. Too bad we won't get to see Darin.

survivor

Banned
Sankarea 10

This really seemed like a continuation of episode 2, even in terms of visuals. The picture frame was a nice touch to transition into the flashback.

I do think there being so many filler flashback episodes does kind of lessen the impact. Here, it adds to Dan'ichiro's character, but the other 2 were unnecessary. They probably want to end it with the
fencing match and Furuya's discovery of his own zombie powers,
which I guess is a good stopping point. Too bad we won't get to see Darin.

lol they are not even gonna get there? Now I definitely know there is no point in watching the anime

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ginga e Kickoff 1

Seems like a typical sports show. I do like the art though, it's cute and there are some pretty great faces pulled.
It is. The first several episodes are basically The Mighty Ducks, which is perfectly fine with me. So far they've avoided dragging out soccer matches over a dozen episodes though, which leaves it on my good side.

Reknoc

It is. The first several episodes are basically The Mighty Ducks, which is perfectly fine with me. So far they've avoided dragging out soccer matches over a dozen episodes though, which leaves it on my good side.

Well I guess it will only be a matter of time. Surely after a while there'll be nothing left but football.

Welcome to the NHK 8

So many episodes have me laughing one moment then just feeling bad the next. The mom visit induced a few chuckles when she arrived and left but then
when she could tell they were lying and then Sato got all depressed and distressed and Misaki too was just pretty depressing.
. I liked it but really wish the anime was one that makes me feel good, not really my type anymore, but I guess Ill keep on trudging through for Kaoru's sake (poor guy had to man the phone alone).

The episode pretty much confirmed the and hints at a final outcome I kind of didn't want
Sato x Misaki is going to be canon with the entire event in pda central park which like in bl, the cell phone struck again

Well I guess it will only be a matter of time. Surely after a while there'll be nothing left but football.

Since Ginga e Kickoff is based on a single novel instead of a manga, there's only so long it's going to spin itself out. Thus the games getting dragged out forever is unlikely to happen.

Andrew J.

Fate/Zero 03

Haha, Rider is awesome.

Kirei's cheating like a motherfucker. You know what they say, if you're not cheating, you're not trying.

That's a lot of Assassins.

Goddamn, Saber looks nice in a suit.

Speaking of cheating...Kiritsugu no baka! How could you do that to poor, sweet Iri? ;_;

She should totally run off with Saber.

Is it wrong that I wanted Saber's armor to appear with a full-blown magical girl transformation sequence?

Narag

Poyopoyo 23

More of a focus on the human cast this episode. It wasn't bad per se but it's hard to reach the heights of when Poyo is the focus.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
My Older Sister Can't Be This Shounenbro: Final Chapter

I've been informed tonight that my sister can no longer tolerate Fairy Tail. After the end of the Phantom Lord arc, she's concluded that she loathes everything about it and expressed great relief when I told her that she had no obligation to continue watching. Success?

Ultimadrago

I've been informed tonight that my sister can no longer tolerate Fairy Tail. After the end of the Phantom Lord arc, she's concluded that she loathes everything about it and expressed great relief when I told her that she had no obligation to continue watching. Success?

xq596.jpg

Narag

3BHGc.gif

So what about you? Gonna continue or wash your hands of the series forever?

Thats surprising, Fairy Tail is the better paced and action packed one, not a fan of none of the characters or something?

Well, if anything it got you started on it. So, victory for the show?

Achi Kocchi 10
I6Kwo.gif

Pedobear? Dropbear? All bears are bad news.
Fun episode. The bear thing was fun to watch and the transformation scene was pretty cool.
Watching Christmas in June makes me wish for colder weather.

Narag

Space Brothers 10

Huh, never clicked with me the director asked the Engrish question earlier on. I adore that musical cue that was used when Mutta picked up the bag of snacks. It's so fitting and evokes a feeling of optimism. I've no idea how common it is but that slight camera shake and constant bus engine droning in the backgrounds did wonders for the bus ride. I think I bought into it more than was necessary.

Have a feeling some of the folk in exams were actually plants to monitor candidate behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom