• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pretty cool how Yen Press is the only company that bothers with translating light novels these days. I wish they would expand and pick up more LNs. Something like Durarara would be too perfect.

It would be nice if Yen Press had their own forum so fans can leave feedback about current licenses and state wants for future licenses. I have no idea which contact address I need to fill out so I can get the titles I would like to see them pick up be heard.

Brave 10 6
SdshM.jpg
Best episode by far. But that's not a high bar to pass.
I hope you're loving dat manservice in Brave 10, Chet. I really, really hope so.
I found it far funnier than it's probably supposed to be. I burst out laughing at this scene.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Accel World 8

Ore no imouto ga konna ni kawaii wake ga nai.

Man, even fifth-graders intimidate Cartman. The lead-up to the Burst Link in this episode was absolutely ridiculous (
she wants to take a bath with the guy and then complains when things touch? Come on
), but the twist surprised me. And
her change of personality
was good too, haha. As for the battle... Man, Silver Crow sure loves to
lose his limbs.
He doesn't even mind anymore.

Obviously, the OST strikes once more.
Scarlet Rain's
theme is pretty good.

This show needs to start going places soon.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
There is some deep shit going on. Also, what's your opinion on who
Mirror really is? I think it's Elena because that was without a doubt Chiaki Omigawa's voice. Why would Elena be snooping in GB?

Her hair and skin coloration are the same, and if you thought she sounded like Omigawa too then apparently my senses weren't deceiving me.

Your guess is as good as mine for her motive. We barely know anything about her yet, although that will undoubtedly change eventually.

trejo

Aquarion Evol 21

Uh, wtf? Did they just
kill off Zessica
? I guess this means that Sazanka gets automatically upgraded to best girl status.

Yoshida was another animation director for episode 26 so it was probably mostly his work on 26. Nakata also did work on 26 so I'm sure some of that is him too.
You're right, I fail at reading ANN. :x I saw Kurashima first and stopped there, I assumed that each episode only had one animation director. Damn, episode 26 had four animation directors. :O I don't quite understand how that works, but it worked out well.

Manyuu Hikenchou 06:

Well that was kind of a nothing episode, which is absolutely for the best.
The villain gives up halfway through the series? Pathetic.
She's not really the main villain.
The Chifusa and Kage's father is the real villain of Manyuu.
The Manyuu Clan isn't done with Chifusa yet.
But then again, I don't think any of you care...

Jex

Sengoku Collection 08:

WHAT

THE

FUCK

[imghttp://www.abload.de/img/sengoku8go9z7.gif/img]

I DON'T EVEN

AMAZING

Without question one of the most bizarre episodes of any anime ever. No exaggeration. It's like this show suddenly became Yami for one episode.

No, seriously.

I mean it.

Watch.

It's not good the way that episode five was, but it's unlike anything I've ever seen.

Well, I am sold!

Duckroll didn't lie; Go Shiina's soundtrack was excellent, if used rather bombastically.

I just don't think the world needs adaptations of Junji Ito manga; the printed page is enough.

I thought he hyped up the thing as a whole. He seemed to be the only one that had what I think was a positive reaction to it. Either that or I misinterpreted him.

And yeah, Junji Ito manga might not be best for anime (and DEFINITELY isn't best for CG).

trejo

I don't even remember the music in Gyo. All I remember was ugly CG fi- oh, wait, I guess I can see why duckroll ended up liking it.

KotS cosplay must be pretty practical to put together. Here's a better challenge: try cosplaying something from the new Saint Seiya or, perhaps, that crazy shit that happened just this week in Sengoku.

cajunator

Banned
So do you just work every waking minute for a few days and then binge-watch on your days off?

I work 12 hour shifts and then go home and sleep most of the time between. we are supposed to have a 7/7 schedule but due to lack of manpower and rapid company growth we have had to work extra days. It has been about two years since I last had that schedule.

That's not healthy, Cajun. Ya gotta find some balance, maaaan!

It is what it is.
Right now I can spend 500 bucks on anime shit every month and not even worry.

Risette

A Good Citizen
KotS cosplay must be pretty practical to put together. Here's a better challenge: try cosplaying something from the new Saint Seiya or, perhaps, that crazy shit that happened just this week in Sengoku.
You'd have to have really bad posture to cosplay a character from the new Saint Seiya!

survivor

Banned
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? of the Dead 7

SHE KNOWS, the dream is over

The second half of the episode was brilliant. Chris is a fun character and never thought she will be
the final boss of the series

tiff

Banned
I work 12 hour shifts and then go home and sleep most of the time between. we are supposed to have a 7/7 schedule but due to lack of manpower and rapid company growth we have had to work extra days. It has been about two years since I last had that schedule.
i would kill myself on that schedule.

Jex

[Aim for the Ace] - 5

Tennis and bitchiness in equal proportions.

[Aim for the Ace] - 6

More evil scheming and bitching than actual tennis.

Also, symbolic tennis racket tightening. Oka is shameless.

duckroll

Gyo

Some things are not meant to be seen.

I warned you to have something lined up after that! :D

Me? I'm going to have some orange juice and read the newspaper! Hopefully no reports of walking fish today...

E7AO Ep7 Spoilers:
Her hair and skin coloration are the same, and if you thought she sounded like Omigawa too then apparently my senses weren't deceiving me.

Your guess is as good as mine for her motive. We barely know anything about her yet, although that will undoubtedly change eventually.

Miller is definitely Elena. It also seems to indicate that she's some sort of spy/double agent. I think it's possible she works for the Americans. After all, she's American herself, and err... fuck yeah USA!

Articalys

Oh man, I'm going to miss like seven shows this weekend, so if I want to continue active discussion it's going to be a minefield in here for me.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Ace o Nerae! 4-6:

Oka no longer totally sucks, but the constant harassment from world-class bitchmonsters never ends. Everything about this show is fabulous. The delicious tears
and sweat
never stop flowing.

Goemon seriously needs to be taken out of that home, though. Oka has a shocking disregard for innocent lives.

duckroll

Oh man, I'm going to miss like seven shows this weekend, so if I want to continue active discussion it's going to be a minefield in here for me.

But you get a chance to assassinate Yamaga and put Gainax out of their misery. Surely that makes up for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom