• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned

duckroll

The first trailer for the upcoming show Kingdom is now streaming on its official site. Looks like someone liked 4C's Berserk movies...

Fate/Zero ep11 continues to reign as the only recent anime to actually have hand drawn medieval soldiers with armor and weapons. Yup, let's have that sink in for a moment. The show which has no issues using a ton of CG whenever they feel they need to, actually realized that you don't need CG for THAT, yet everyone else seems to be doing it. #trueanimeironies

madp

The Light of El Cantare
That looks much better and at least the characters design are far better than Sengoku Collection

I'm going to watch Oda Nobuna, but I anticipate that I'll enjoy it even less than Sengoku Collection because it's likely going to be played entirely straight and therefore not have the potential for the odd standout episode like episodes five and eight of Sengoku Collection.

I'm still deciding what my summer suffer-a-thon series is going to be, but it looks like there are several worthy candidates as of the most recent Summer '12 list. It's largely a season for irredeemable otakushit.

Kagami

Fixed! Didn't realize that トゥ was a substitute for "tu".
kxLXt.jpg
Need to switch the text orientation so the ー is vertical.

Rosario Vampire 10
Eh, too lazy to choose an image again.
Uh, decent I guess. Lots of fights for sure, lots of terrible animation as well. We had a filler insert song like a few minutes right after the opening so I guess they were pretty much trying to kill some time. The fight was good I guess, just everything felt silly by the end.

Fate/Zero ep11 continues to reign as the only recent anime to actually have hand drawn medieval soldiers with armor and weapons. Yup, let's have that sink in for a moment. The show which has no issues using a ton of CG whenever they feel they need to, actually realized that you don't need CG for THAT, yet everyone else seems to be doing it. #trueanimeironies

Yet another reason why ufotable is better than everyone else.

I'm going to watch Oda Nobuna, but I anticipate that I'll enjoy it even less than Sengoku Collection because it's likely going to be played entirely straight and therefore not have the potential for the odd standout episode like episodes five and eight of Sengoku Collection.

I'm still deciding what my summer suffer-a-thon series is going to be, but it looks like there are several worthy candidates as of the most recent Summer '12 list. It's largely a season for irredeemable otakushit.

I'll never understand why you do this to yourself.

Moretsu Pirates 21
tumblr_m4ncznRNqW1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Sandaime is really keeping those stuffed animals and such, nice. Up there with Kane who are great characters in the Bentenmaru.

On the plot
That was so odd that everyone was blaming the current Hakuoh academy for the transgressions of the past. Pretty rude. However it set up a hilarious plot thread with the head of security. Bisque was interesting with all the gunfire and action, and made it pretty intense. That was what I signed up for in this anime.

Next episode will be great I bet.

cajunator

Banned
I don't know what to do to live up to this avatar.

The avatar says everything for you. Just don't let it escape.

Rosario Vampire 10
Eh, too lazy to choose an image again.
Uh, decent I guess. Lots of fights for sure, lots of terrible animation as well. We had a filler insert song like a few minutes right after the opening so I guess they were pretty much trying to kill some time. The fight was good I guess, just everything felt silly by the end.

When in doubt, post Mizore.

Skidd

It would appear that Modnation players are pretty up to date with animu. There's a Nyarko kart in the top 3 for most downloads..

Yay!

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
It would appear that Modnation players are pretty up to date with animu. There's a Nyarko kart in the top 3 for most downloads..

Yay!

Only the craziest are still playing that game, so it makes sense that among them you can find otaku.

They probably watch entire Nyaruko episodes during the loading screens, too.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I've been curious about that game for a long time. How customizeable is it?

A lot. The track creation tools are pretty cool, but the game itself is kind of a mess. The handling is terrible, and the loading screens remind me of Sonic 2006.

Also, most of the "parts" you use to customize your character and karts can only be acquired through paid DLC, which is a shame.

Jex

Even Ufotable reaslie that you can't do GG armour. I suppose they have some shame.

cajunator

Banned
A lot. The track creation tools are pretty cool, but the game itself is kind of a mess. The handling is terrible, and the loading screens remind me of Sonic 2006.

Also, most of the "parts" you use to customize your character and karts can only be acquired through paid DLC, which is a shame.

Welp, there goes that short lived interest.

Skidd

Well I just went back for some lulz, and I swear, they've managed to make the loading times even longer.

On anohter note; I watched the first episode of Eden of the East. Seems really good, but just how should I prepare myself for the rest?

Makoto

Well I just went back for some lulz, and I swear, they've managed to make the loading times even longer.

On anohter note; I watched the first episode of Eden of the East. Seems really good, but just how should I prepare myself for the rest?
By telling yourself it is not and will not be The Bourne Identity.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I'll never understand why you do this to yourself.

It's a neverending quest to see just how deeply the darkness extends.

I have pretty high hopes that the following Summer '12 series will deliver in that regard:

Ebiten
Campione!
Hagure Yuusha no Estelica
La Storia della Arcana Famiglia

Only the craziest are still playing that game, so it makes sense that among them you can find otaku.

Buuuuuuurnnnn. The demo for that game guaranteed that I'd never touch it.

Articalys

I think the guy presenting this panel is the same guy from those "Aniplex guy in Japan" videos. It's just been trailers and such for already released shows so far.

edit: yeah, it's definitely him. He still can't pronounce "Oreimo" properly. They're even showing the Good Smile cafe episode now.

cajunator

Banned
I think the guy presenting this panel is the same guy from those "Aniplex guy in Japan" videos. It's just been trailers and such for already released shows so far.

edit: yeah, it's definitely him. He still can't pronounce "Oreimo" properly. They're even showing the Good Smile cafe episode now.

To be fair, "Oreimo" isnt really a word. Its just shorthand for the shows full name.
Although aniplex did call the boxset that.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Fate/Zero 20:

Catching up on this and a few other series tonight because I was pretty ill for the past two weekends.

Seeing Waver mature as a Master is pretty bittersweet. I personally think that there's a high probability that he dies (Archer vs. Saber makes the most sense for a finale fight from a narrative perspective) so seeing him finally start acting as a worthy partner to Rider at the end is a little sad. Rider saying that he only has enough mana for one more Ionioi Hetairoi even with Waver contributing his own mana is pretty worrisome.

But more importantly, FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKK NOT IRI AND MAIYA ;_; What a shit thing to happen to Iri in her final hours of life. I love Rider and all, but this is decidedly not cool. The Iri/Kiritsugu and Iri/Maiya dialogue was absolutely top-notch this episode. They all have such profound reasons for everything that they do. Iri is truly the best waifu that any man could ever hope to have.

Seeing Kiritsugu use one of his command spells without hesitation was great. Dude's the Terminator.

Also, fuck Zouken a thousand times over. I hope that Kariya/Sakura are psychically commanding hordes of giant centipedes to invade his asshole by the end of the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom