• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came across an excellent observation and realized this is the greatest one episode character appearance the last 10 years or so.

Truth101.png

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I recommend La Storia della Arcana Famiglia cause I'm planning on watching it too and it has the least generic art out of the ones posted

It looks really :DTL. Basically, the main cast looks like a watered-down Noah Family from D.Gray-man and there looks like a high probability of hamfisted yaoi undertones, so it could potentially be another Brave 10 with a lot of leather and bad Italian.

To be fair, "Oreimo" isnt really a word. Its just shorthand for the shows full name.
Although aniplex did call the boxset that.

The only reason that Aniplex shortens the name is because they really want to obscure its actual meaning as much as possible.

It looks really :DTL. Basically, the main cast looks like a watered-down Noah Family from D.Gray-man and there looks like a high probability of hamfisted yaoi undertones, so it could potentially be another Brave 10 with a lot of leather and bad Italian.

I think DTL compared it to Reborn, so take that as you will.

Gaogaigar 21

Probably the most destructive Zonder we've seen. Yet people still don't mention what is probably hundreds of thousands of casualties on a daily basis. Ah well, guess that's par for the course with this genre.

Is that better or worse? I have no idea about both Reborn or D Gray-Man

Could go either way. D Gray-Man had a good start but then became a convoluted mess when it went monthly, while Reborn genre-shifted with an alright arc, then got better, then got terrible, then got better again and is now pretty good.

Shining Hearts: Bread of Happiness 6
tumblr_m4nfpjFrOm1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Rick's bruschetta looked tasty. Otherwise I think it was a nice actiony episode enhanced by Prince Ragna, whom had two great scenes which oddly were cool.
It would be nice if we saw even more of Rick's swordskills in the remaining episodes and he gets back the sword the Prince and Princess are keeping

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Could go either way. D Gray-Man had a good start but then became a convoluted mess when it went monthly, while Reborn genre-shifted with an alright arc, then got better, then got terrible, then got better again and is now pretty good.

I don't think that anyone was actually comparing Arcana Famiglia to D.Gray-man in a narrative sense, though. I think I just remarked that the characters vaguely look like the Noah Family.

Comparisons to Reborn! seem not that far-off since both seem to be battle shounen series that revolve around a fight for the succession to a mafia family.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Eureka Seven AO 6 - Mmmm this was a pretty good episode. There was a lot of neat small touches like AO getting exhausted due to the events of the previous episodes, the wacky anime bullshit was kept to a minimum (thankfully). And those last 6 minutes omgggg. I better prepare myself for the next episode, since I'm not so sure what to expect!

Jex

Eureka Seven AO 6 - Mmmm this was a pretty good episode. There was a lot of neat small touches like AO getting exhausted due to the events of the previous episodes, the wacky anime bullshit was kept to a minimum (thankfully). And those last 6 minutes omgggg. I better prepare myself for the next episode, since I'm not so sure what to expect!

Recentgifs10.gif

Dunno, it sound pretty decent, at least the review for the VN. Considering it is an otome game with tons of fighting and a female protag who is basically a part of the tournament, it has a good chance to be pretty good.

Of course, it could turn out to be a terrible adaptation where people spend all day talking or something, but depending on how much they are trying to milk this, we could get lots of signing or something!

Jex

Gaogaigar 21

Probably the most destructive Zonder we've seen. Yet people still don't mention what is probably hundreds of thousands of casualties on a daily basis. Ah well, guess that's par for the course with this genre.
It's okay, I am sure they all evacuated. Er, somewhere. And there's the dividing driver, of course, so it's all okay!

Branduil

No, instead you insult people's intelligence by wasting their time with pointless debates you have no interest in actually discussing! :D

I don't see the point in engaging in debates with people who are so defensive about their view that they insult anyone who disagrees.

Besides, there's not much to debate about aesthetics. You either think it looks good or you don't.

Jex

It's been as established fact for several months that some people like CG Berserker, some people dislike CG Berserker and most people don't care one way or the other.

This isn't going to change.

jman2050

CG Berserker is pretty ugly at points but you can do far far worse as far as CG goes.

If anything, one should complain about the terribad vehicle CG that's plagued the series since the beginning.
At least it was pretty good this episode when it mattered the most.

Ultimadrago

Let's see if there actually is such a thing as Mad Pierrot hype, shall we?

Watch Un-Go. If nothing else, it is totally unique among anime and you're guaranteed to feel things while watching it. Lots and lots of things. It's the most thought-provoking BONES work in years, and it has a mad sexy ED. What more do you need?

Well, I'm sold!

(*squints* Our friendship is on the line...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom