• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Nah; Brown has the
dog/wolf girl
as love interst and Black has the shota wolf. Only the main character has feelings for Cheza.

I was just trying to counter an illogical statement with another illogical statement!

I would watch Wolf's Rain reimagined as a reverse harem

Jex

The only problem with finishing Gintama is having no idea what to watch next. It filled up a timeslot in my schedule for so many months!

duckroll

Fujiko #12:
Script - Mari Okada
Episode Directors - Nana Harada, Akitoshi Yokoyama
Storyboard - Akitoshi Yokoyama, Sayo Yamamoto
Animation Directors - Hong Shen, Yukiyo Komito, Shinichiro Minami, Haruo Sotozaki

A bunch of people worked on the key animation for this episode, including Masaaki Yuasa and Hiroyuki Imaishi!

Jex

Fujiko #12:
Script - Mari Okada
Episode Directors - Nana Harada, Akitoshi Yokoyama
Storyboard - Akitoshi Yokoyama, Sayo Yamamoto
Animation Directors - Hong Shen, Yukiyo Komito, Shinichiro Minami, Haruo Sotozaki

A bunch of people worked on the key animation for this episode, including Masaaki Yuasa and Hiroyuki Imaishi!

And yet I still wont be watching it for some reason.
So how long would you tell someone to give before dropping it if they aren't enjoying it?

I dunno, 4 or 5 episodes perhaps? The budget improves as things go along but the Gintama's style of humour is present from the beginning.

If it was a TV special, then there wouldn't been so much of a ruckus getting the thing made. I'm willing to believe that TMS has been working on the next TV special this whole time, which makes sense.

Jex

The results of the latest SaiMecha poll is in and shockingly we have a tie. In fact, we have two ties:

Turn A Gundam vs Black Getter (66.67% vs 33.33%)

TIE: Gouf Custom vs GP-03 Dendrobium (50% vs 50%) Sudden death results below.

Gunbuster vs Gao Gai Gar (58.59% vs 41.41%)

Escaflowne vs Kshatriya (43.93% vs 56.07%)

The tie between the Gouf and the GP-03 was resolved in a neutral fashion leaving the Gouf as the winner. A good result for good mecha!

-------------------------------------------------------------------
BONUS ROUND: Would’ve been better with mecha…

THREE WAY TIE! FUND THEM ALL!

K-ON: K-00n Gitah Memories
(25.51%) Kimi ni Todoke: Kisama ni Todoke (6.12%) vs Prince of Tennis: Aim for the Ball! PuriTeni! (25.51%) vs Hidamari Sketch: Super Dimensional Fortress Hidamarisou (17.35%) vs Maria-sama ga Miteru: Mecha-sama Watches Over Us (25.51%)

Since we're talking shounen, who's the best shounen MC ever?

Oh man, that's a tough one. My first instinct is to say Joseph Joestar, but I'd have to think about it. Then there are classics like Yusuke who started a trend of non-idealist delinquents being the protags. I also like Oga, who was basically Yusuke taken to the extreme.

Other choices include:

Staz
Adam
Kucabara
Mio
Recca
Ginji
Narumi
Akira Kongou
Kurohime

Jex

Just look at how awesome this poster is:

uN1rH

All you need to do is post some of the music as well and you're set.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
One Piece, obviously.

I don't think that I could handle Jex savaging One Piece. Just let it remain forever a mystery to him, we all benefit in the long run.

Oh man, that's a tough one. My first instinct is to say Joseph Joestar, but I'd have to think about it. Then there are classics like Yusuke who started a trend of non-idealist delinquents being the protags. I also like Oga, who was basically Yusuke taken to the extreme.

Other choices include:

Staz
Adam
Kucabara
Mio
Recca
Ginji
Narumi
Akira Kongou
Kurohime

A meaner person would quote that entire list of characters and say "yeah, that one's the best shounen protagonist for sure!", but I am not that person.

Jex

Your "endorsement" of Iron Man broke my sarcasm detector.

Wolf's Rain can really be either. If some was inclined to see it as European literature it does feel like a fairy tale. If they're inclined to see it as animu, there are a bunch of furries and a chick with purple/pink hair.

Which raises the question: what is anime, I mean, really?
Is Wolf's Rain that bad? I've had friends recommend it to me so it's been on my to-watch list forever.
Who has said it's bad? Point them out to me!
My opinion is that it's a series with a lot of strong points that unfortunately lurches ever further off the deep end as it goes on and
culminates in one of the most unsatisfying endings in any anime
. I wouldn't outright recommend not watching it, but at least know what you're in for..

I think Wolf's Rain has one of the best endings in any anime. Can you explain your problems with it?

survivor

Banned

Other choices include:

Staz
Adam
Kucabara
Mio
Recca
Ginji
Narumi
Akira Kongou
Kurohime
I only know one person from that list. My shounen level is far too low :(

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I think Wolf's Rain has one of the best endings in any anime. Can you explain your problems with it?

Not a bad ending, simply unsatisfying.
The characters didn't deserve their fates

In honesty, though, I might not actually know what I'm talking about as I haven't watched Wolf's Rain in seven or eight years and, well, the way that I evaluate anime has changed drastically since then. I try not to automatically consider any opinions invalid that I formed before I started taking anime seriously, but I don't discount the strong possibility that I just couldn't look past the fact that
it was a really downer ending
back then.

A rewatch is probably in order for me at some point over the summer.

You don't even know who half those people are!

I don't know who any of them are!

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu 20
It's an athletic festival! And then a cultural festival!
So, coming off from Endless Eight feels weird. It's pretty much back to the cast doing school related things so besides random remarks from Kyon, this episode was pretty uneventful.

1stStrike

Banned
It's more memorable than all of Summer Wars.

B-But I liked Summer Wars. I watched it twice! D:

Then again, my liking of The Cat Returns over Whisper of the Heart seemed to send duckroll into a fit of nerd rage, so maybe there's something wrong with my tastes in anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom