• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Koikelupin 12

koikelupin12.jpg
koikelupin12a.jpg
koikelupin12b.jpg

This may be a trainwreck but at least it's literally a stylish one. la la la la la la la~

Articalys

Sket Dance 63

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
ROMAN WITH THE EPIC FOURTH WALL BREAKING
That has to be the absolutely most incredible way to deal with those three chapters. Outstanding. Amazing.
Also, Hiroyuki Yoshino and Ryouko Shiraishi did a good job of imitating each other's characters' mannerisms.
Seems like they did some reordering of events to make things work, too.

Anyway, next week is the episode I've really been waiting for.

Holy shit, FLOW I lurv their stuff.

Fighting dreamers!

Jormungand 11
tumblr_m5yskvx9m41qkdl7uo2_500.gif

Apart from trying to imply Koko x Valmet as canon it was pretty intense, and surprised the preview provided no insights into the actual conflict this episode. Hope
Lutz survives, though I had a feeling Koko's crew wouldnt make it through the whole season with no losses :/

Lain

Just saw some anime at a really low price on amazon.it and I'm contemplating getting them, though I'd like to know if some of you have an opinion on them:

Boys Be
You're Under Arrest: The Movie
I My Me! Strawberry Eggs
Shamanic Princess
Magic Users Club OVA
Utena movie -- don't need opinions for this, at 2,61€ it's already bought
Brain Powerd -- no opinion needed on this as well, I know I'll hate myself, but it's 9,99€ for the complete edition on 7 DVDs and I already own the first DVD so might as well grab it

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Just saw some anime at a really low price on amazon.it and I'm contemplating getting them, though I'd like to know if some of you have an opinion on them:

Boys Be
You're Under Arrest: The Movie
I My Me! Strawberry Eggs
Shamanic Princess
Magic Users Club OVA
Utena movie -- don't need opinions for this, at 2,61€ it's already bought
Brain Powerd -- no opinion needed on this as well, I know I'll hate myself, but it's 9,99€ for the complete edition on 7 DVDs and I already own the first DVD so might as well grab it
I My Me! Strawberry Eggs - this is Mrs. Doubtfire goes to Highschool. Other than that, I don't remember it being remarkable in any real way.

If the YUA movie is like the series, it should be okay.

Medaka Box 12 (end?)
tumblr_m5ytay8syD1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Zenkichi with tons of screentime made for a pretty awesome episode. His deductions as well as Akune's were great. The anime really excels when it focused less on Medaka and more on them. Did like all the Shogi stuff too as well as in the last few minutes when my favorite song on the background ost played, I guess its the school's theme, something about it is really memorable.

I guess overally Id give the season a 7 / 10, main characters not named Medaka needed more screentime and to actually do something, but commentary from them never ceased to please, action was cool with Unzen, who needs to return. Biggest criticism is just Medaka, one of the worst shonen leads...too angelic saintlike...its like if Flonne from Disgaea was the main character of an anime. :(

Will buy from Sentai next year and hope season 2 is this October.

Articalys

As usual, I appreciate RandomC more for their preview plot summaries, PV collections, and this visual schedule of the main Summer shows:
more than any of their opinionated content.

Looks like weekends are gonna be busy for me once again.

wonzo

Banned
Woo! Divine came back just to write the summer preview. I must say after reading through the detailed summer preview, it seems like I have to add a few more series to my watch list.
http://randomc.net/2012/06/20/summer-2012-preview/
Kingdom

Studio Pierrot, the production company behind Naruto, Bleach, and other long-running shounen series, is using copious amounts of CGI in the animation for this adaptation. It’s almost a venture project of sorts, and while the end result doesn’t look bad, it definitely shows that most of the scenes are computered rendered.
Chiyo.gif

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

You need to realize that Divine refuses to think anything can be bad. Just look at his/her descriptions for all the generic harem shows. "at first glance, this looks like an average harem show, BUT BECAUSE BLAH BLAH BLAH it will be good!"

madp

The Light of El Cantare
As usual, I appreciate RandomC more for their preview plot summaries, PV collections, and this visual schedule of the main Summer shows:

Tuesay's lineup is going to be hard to beat.

Defuser

This Divine character likes Yuru Yuri, Horizon, and Lagrange, so I can't take his/her opinion seriously, still a decent look at some of the summer series though.

Disclaimer: Regular readers of the site probably already know that my tastes are fairly diverse, but a quick look at MyAnimeList should give everyone else an idea of my seventeen year history of watching anime. With that in mind, please be aware that I’ll often watch mediocre and even controversial series for the sake of variety, or simply so that I can make an informed judgment at the end. However, I would only recommend such shows if you’ve seen something similar, enjoyed it to a certain degree, and know what you’re getting yourself into. I still have my usual genres, so it’s usually not too difficult for me to decide what to watch based on premise, art style, production, and cast (a big one for me) after going through some source and/or promotional material. For the purpose of this preview, I’ll try to identify what appeals to me about each series, in hopes that it will help you determine if it coincides with your own tastes.

That's quite thing to say when you're championing your shit bleach waifu in the manga thread.

Grzi

You need to realize that Divine refuses to think anything can be bad. Just look at his/her descriptions for all the generic harem shows. "at first glance, this looks like an average harem show, BUT BECAUSE BLAH BLAH BLAH it will be good!"

Yeah, although I can't stand that Tenka Seiha guy, he balances out the overly positive nature of RandomC and Star Crossed anime blog.

Sket Dance 63
tumblr_m5ysguL1pN1rszpoio1_r1_500.gif

Some really hilarious parts. I enjoyed the way they did the animation for whenever there was action with Bossun and especially when the eye turned red, and people forgetting about Tsubaki :(

Woo! Divine came back just to write the summer preview. I must say after reading through the detailed summer preview, it seems like I have to add a few more series to my watch list.
http://randomc.net/2012/06/20/summer-2012-preview/

After reading this I'm excited for:
Kingdom
Dakara Boku
Sword-Art

Will check out:
Lagrange
La Storia Della Arcana Famiglia
Muv-Luv
Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Hagure Yuusha no Estetica

Good preview!

survivor

Banned

Looks like even the anime industry knows that Binbougami ga is gonna be the king of the summer season so they didn't even try to compete with it.

After reading this I'm excited for:
Kingdom
Dakara Boku
Sword-Art

Will check out:
Lagrange
La Storia Della Arcana Famiglia
Muv-Luv
Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Hagure Yuusha no Estetica

Good preview!
But Yuru Yuri will be good

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

A first glance it does appear I have been shot, but on the plus side red is so my colour.

Also Tuesday looks to be the best day of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom