• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka ? of the dead 02

obJzll.jpg

What a lucky bear.

Poor, poor Aikawa.

His best friend turns his back on him, he's famous due to the shenanigans of the previous episode, he gets mauled by wild animals in a forest, he has yet another crazy chick who wants his ass (well justified) but this one will share it for the whole world to see, he has a slightly less crazy chick who still wants his ass because of how good he looks in a magical girl outfit and finally he's talking to ghosts (at least shes drunk moe).

But at least he's still got Haruna.

survivor

Banned
Sket Dance 1-2

Not bad. The characters are interesting with their own little quirks and the comedy is decent. Based on the OP, the cast looks huge so I guess it will take sometime before they finish introducing everyone.

The second episode's second segment was the funniest one so far. They need to have more actiony requests rather than ones where they just sit around and talk.

duckroll

Kazuto Nakazawa did key animation on Apollon ep11. Next week's finale is co-written by Watanabe, who is also storyboarding it, and co-directing it.

Woo! Divine came back just to write the summer preview. I must say after reading through the detailed summer preview, it seems like I have to add a few more series to my watch list.
http://randomc.net/2012/06/20/summer-2012-preview/
Muv-Luv

However, I have heard good things about it and would never simply disregard an anime by Satelight that involves mechs, which gives me more than enough reason to give this series a go.
He must really be a masochist. Wonzo, is that you?

cajunator

Banned
Well, let me ask you this: have you ever found yourself moist with tears of shame?

What is this "shame"? I do not understand.

Just saw some anime at a really low price on amazon.it and I'm contemplating getting them, though I'd like to know if some of you have an opinion on them:

Boys Be
You're Under Arrest: The Movie
I My Me! Strawberry Eggs
Shamanic Princess
Magic Users Club OVA
Utena movie -- don't need opinions for this, at 2,61€ it's already bought
Brain Powerd -- no opinion needed on this as well, I know I'll hate myself, but it's 9,99€ for the complete edition on 7 DVDs and I already own the first DVD so might as well grab it

YUA -definitely.
I My Me Strawberry Eggs - cute crossdressing fun. Like somebody said its like Mrs doubtfire. If you can get it cheap, go for it.
Magic Users Club OVA- ABSOLUTELY BUY THIS NOW. Sae Sawanoguchi is fucking adorable. Oy get the OVA though, unless you get the complete set like I did that has the TV series too. Its not very good though.
Utena - obvious

Sexual assault is humorous?

Slipping down a slippery slope slipperylike.

tumblr_m5z0dvj1ob1qbyxr0o1_400.gif

Popcorn.gif anime ver.

All images of Takane are highly appreciated.

Chouyaku Hyakunin Isshu: Uta Koi PV.

I really don't like what I assume is the OP song, but the show itself doesn't look bad. Some exceptionally thick outlines.

Reminds me of Stratos 4 OP style.

More pictures of a goddess eating.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Magic Users Club OVA is what Junichi Satou did on the side while also working as an episode director for the last Sailor Moon series.

/XX/

Go Nagai can't be used as a standard for the rest of humanity.
And because of him pushing the boundaries he was an inspiration on what others could do or were allowed to do. His deviation opened the way for many (and their minds as well)... like a measuring rod to test the waters, a pioneer. Mr. Anno calls him Nagai-sama for a reason, after all:

SantaBla - Entretien Gô Nagai/Hideaki Anno - Page 2 - Forum Go Nagai said:
What was your first memory of Nagai's manga?

Hideaki Anno: It was Harenchi Gakuen.

Of course… The publication in the Jump magazine?

Hideaki Anno: Yes. Of course, the first time it was the erotic aspect that pleased me… I was still young, so I didn't have a hardening penis, oh well… In brief, I was following the manga, and I got to the part of the "big battle". It was something unexpected, and for a child like me, it was shocking.

Gō Nagai: And what marked you?

Hideaki Anno: For example, this scene where a character faced schoolgirl prisoners, who's clothes were torn and were hiding their breasts and the crotch, and he tells them "Hands up !". It's remarkable, like a comical scene. I think it was one of my first memories of your work. But your influence on me is incalculable, impossible to evaluate. After all, even in Evangelion, I couldn't get away from the Devilman influence…

And it is possible that he wasn't trying to be a transgressor or anything like that if eventually, as he says, it was really a... natural... thing for him. A true genius of evil:

SantaBla - Entretien Gô Nagai/Hideaki Anno - Page 2 - Forum Go Nagai said:
Gō Nagai: For Devilman and Mazinger Z, I didn't have the intention of giving them nightmarish faces, but that naturally came to me! (Laughs)
http://gettermario.dynamicforum.net/t974p15-entretien-go-nagai-hideaki-anno

This last quote is a re-post on my part, but the whole interview from the Tabulæ Anatomicæ DEVILMAN artbook is funny and passionate enough (specially for Hideaki Anno, it gives me that feeling) to warrant it a bigger exposure... for everyone that hasn't read it yet of course!

cajunator

Banned
I will. Going to be a little more aggressive with my backlog when the spring season ends.

Lol, I was supposed to be doing that, but between reconfiguring my room that I have been putting off for a year and visiting with parents and getting back into amateur radio a little bit I have watched exactly one episode of Sailor Moon and thats pretty much it since I have been off work.

/XX/

Not sure, but the Negima movie still has the record for most in a production right?
Whoa! eighteen plus chief animation director & assistants, am I reading that right? I knew it suffered from 'SHAFT's hellish schedule™' and all but... that seems really a desperate measure!

Vlodril

I am posting this here since i can't find a generic anime thread. If its inappropriate tell me and i will edit it out.

I was pretty burned out of anime the last few years mainly because most of what i saw was depressing as hell. I watched Toradora recently and liked it a lot. Are there any similar anime out there? I am looking for something lighthearted mostly. Thanks.

DiGiKerot

Whoa! eighteen plus chief animation director & assistants, am I reading that right? I knew it suffered from 'SHAFT's hellish schedule™' and all but... that seems really a desperate measure!

And yet, the five minutes of the Negima movie I got around to watching still looked pretty bad (even by SHAFT standards, and I like SHAFT).

survivor

Banned
Sket Dance 3

That's like the second Bleach reference, looks the author is a big fan.

Sket Dance 4

Haha, I love shoujo manga girl, too bad she didn't get the full episode.

BTW, how is the anime handling the adaptation? I'm assuming when the episode covers two stories, each one is one chapter? So then if the episode isn't divided into two parts, that means it's covering one chapter stretched out or two chapters?

trejo

I am posting this here since i can't find a generic anime thread. If its inappropriate tell me and i will edit it out.

I was pretty burned out of anime the last few years mainly because most of what i saw was depressing as hell. I watched Toradora recently and liked it a lot. Are there any similar anime out there? I am looking for something lighthearted mostly. Thanks.

No worries, all anime talk is welcome here.

As for suggestions, Ano Natsu de Matteru is by the same director so you could give that a shot. Personally, the show did nothing for me but plenty of people seemed to enjoy it so perhaps you might, too.

duckroll

The best part is that the movie went into theaters unfinished. :p

Instro

Well another good romantic comedy is Lovely Complex. As trejo mentioned, the director of Toradora also did the recent Ano Natsu de Matteru which was solid.

Makoto

While it's nothing like Toradora, I think Usagi Drop will satisfy the lightheartedness quota.

Jex

No worries, all anime talk is welcome here.

As for suggestions, Ano Natsu de Matteru is by the same director so you could give that a shot. Personally, the show did nothing for me but plenty of people seemed to enjoy it so perhaps you might, too.

I second this recommendation, like so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom