• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
That's quite thing to say when you're championing your shit bleach waifu in the manga thread.

Wait, Envelope participates in the manga thread? And he reads Bleach? The hell is this?

I'm so confused by this show. It looks like some light-hearted slice of life show with a gentle lesbian theme, but then there's a rape scene or something? Does not compute.

"gentle lesbian theme" is a phrase that needs to be used more often.

Medaka Box Fin

Meh. girl reminded me of yuriyuri for some reason.

But meh.

Whole season felt meh. Wasn't a fan of the little amount of fighting in the last few eps. Do all the baddies talk bullshit for like 80% of a chapter?

Season1: 5/10

Defuser

I don't know, is it?

pKsU7.gif

Shining Hearts: Bread of Happiness 9
tumblr_m5yy8pdhuM1qbxqfpo1_500.png

The entire thiefing sequence was one of the most memorable parts of the anime thus far. I liked it as well as the
awakening of the machine character
. That wasnt nice that they all spent time at the beach while Rick was left to bake and cook in the kitchen all day alone.

Kagami

Woo! Divine came back just to write the summer preview. I must say after reading through the detailed summer preview, it seems like I have to add a few more series to my watch list.
http://randomc.net/2012/06/20/summer-2012-preview/
Originally I took one look at the main woman's character design for Natsuyuki Rendezvous and wrote it off as something I wouldn't like, but this link inspired me to look into it a little more, and after reading a few other sites and threads, I may have to at least give it a chance.

/XX/

Does someone here remembers the argument about the stiff looking and unpractical designs of the characters from the new Lupin the Third series?

Seeing Hiroyuki Imaishi's work on this latest episode is a good example and demonstration that you can retain the sense of similar recognizable details of the designs by Mr. Koike while being able to 'move' them dynamically the way he likes it.

Narag

Does someone here remembers the argument about the stiff looking and unpractical designs of the characters from the new Lupin the Third series?

Seeing Hiroyuki Imaishi's work on this latest episode is a good example and demonstration that you can retain the sense of similar recognizable details of the designs by Mr. Koike while being able to 'move' them dynamically the way he likes it.

I'm looking forward to seeing this later tonight.

Lupin III: Fujiko 12
I guess I'm still watching this terrible show to see how low it can get, and at this point I'd rather watch Black Rock Shooter TV than this.

Defuser

Sket Dance
oh god, I need to prepare my heart for next week episode, hnnnnngzawa's dere dere is gonna get me high. I can't wait.

Cool.

Maybe it would help me a lot if you guys posted impressions of Fujikoike more often, just so you know. I know there are folks on Anime-GAF (you and Narag in particular) who like the show for whatever reason, but I'm always gunning it alone.

sonicmj1

VF5 and Dragon's Dogma have driven me from this thread.

Lupin III 12

Totally stupid, but at least it looked good doing it.

I wish this show had the slightest bit of respect for the intelligence of its audience. Everything that happens is so crazy that it can't be taken seriously, but that insanity is only used for the most literal of metaphorical storytelling, while characters continually state and restate the clear relationship between those metaphors and the "story" being told.

It's just gotten worse and worse since episode 8. The more these owls show up, the more I hate every single character that willingly involves themselves in this stupid farce. This show violates "show, don't tell" so hard that at one point in this episode, two characters literally go on a
carnival ride through Fujiko's past, while Fujiko talks about her past.
It's totally hamhanded.

I was enjoying this show a ton when they kept the focus on episodic antics that occasionally gave hints at the personalities of the characters (ep 6 possibly being the pinnacle of this). The intrusion of the main plot has thrown almost everything I liked away. It's incredibly disappointing.

At least I'm not bored.

That doesn't sound too good. I liked ep 10 and all, but keeping things at a more realistic view-point would have been a much-better idea for this episode. I'll go and see it.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Medaka Box 12 (end?)

Zenkichi with tons of screentime made for a pretty awesome episode. His deductions as well as Akune's were great. The anime really excels when it focused less on Medaka and more on them. Did like all the Shogi stuff too as well as in the last few minutes when my favorite song on the background ost played, I guess its the school's theme, something about it is really memorable.

I guess overally Id give the season a 7 / 10, main characters not named Medaka needed more screentime and to actually do something, but commentary from them never ceased to please, action was cool with Unzen, who needs to return. Biggest criticism is just Medaka, one of the worst shonen leads...too angelic saintlike...its like if Flonne from Disgaea was the main character of an anime. :(

Will buy from Sentai next year and hope season 2 is this October.

You'll love S2.

/XX/

Cool.

Maybe it would help me a lot if you guys posted impressions of Fujikoike more often, just so you know. I know there are folks on Anime-GAF (you and Narag in particular) who like the show for whatever reason, but I'm always gunning it alone.
Funny you say that because I was precisely asking for your impressions (and duckroll's) some hours ago (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39088742&postcount=12550)! I can't comment on it because I'm only seeing selected fragments and opinions about these later episodes without spoiling me too much. I'll check them out completely in a couple of days.

Sorry, you have to stay strong against all the haters alone. I'm rooting for you...

duckroll

Fujiko 12

This show sure is awful. This episode was like 20 minutes of walking through a strange crowd while being spat and jeered at, and half way through they start throwing oranges and half eaten food at you, and when you get to the end of the path, some guy is waiting there just to piss all over your face. What an unpleasant and repulsive experience.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I remember a time when I thought Go Nagai stuff was bad like a proper human being. What happened to me :(
All that obscure manga made you realize there was far worse out there than Go Nagai and he is normal in comparison?

Branduil

Lupin III: Fujiko 12
I guess I'm still watching this terrible show to see how low it can get, and at this point I'd rather watch Black Rock Shooter TV than this.

VF5 and Dragon's Dogma have driven me from this thread.

Lupin III 12

Totally stupid, but at least it looked good doing it.

I wish this show had the slightest bit of respect for the intelligence of its audience. Everything that happens is so crazy that it can't be taken seriously, but that insanity is only used for the most literal of metaphorical storytelling, while characters continually state and restate the clear relationship between those metaphors and the "story" being told.

It's just gotten worse and worse since episode 8. The more these owls show up, the more I hate every single character that willingly involves themselves in this stupid farce. This show violates "show, don't tell" so hard that at one point in this episode, two characters literally go on a
carnival ride through Fujiko's past, while Fujiko talks about her past.
It's totally hamhanded.

I was enjoying this show a ton when they kept the focus on episodic antics that occasionally gave hints at the personalities of the characters (ep 6 possibly being the pinnacle of this). The intrusion of the main plot has thrown almost everything I liked away. It's incredibly disappointing.

At least I'm not bored.

Fujiko 12

This show sure is awful. This episode was like 20 minutes of walking through a strange crowd while being spat and jeered at, and half way through they start throwing oranges and half eaten food at you, and when you get to the end of the path, some guy is waiting there just to piss all over your face. What an unpleasant and repulsive experience.

Okada-bot strikes again!

flawfuls

He read Mysterious Girlfriend X soon after. Everything makes sense now.

Mysterious Girlfriend X is by for the most normal and family friendly thing that mangaka has ever done. Look up the Yume Tsukai manga if you want to see some real weird shit.

Devilman Lady
, right?

How does that end compared to the anime?

I haven't seen the anime, but from random youtube clips I've seen I'm pretty sure the anime is completely different from the manga.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Fujiko 12

That's a shame. Haven't seen the ep yet, but at the very least we got a decent ED theme from the show.

*puts 'Duty Friend' on repeat*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom