• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
It's hard going from following 16 shows to not having stuff to watch. :(
Ok, sir, I'm going to have to intervene here.

According to MAL, you have not seen:

Ace o Nerae!
Aoi Bungaku
Black Lagoon
Blood-C
Dirty Pair
Crest/Banner of the Stars
Cromartie High School
Dark Cat dub
El Hazard
Garzey's Wing dub
Genshiken OVA + 2
Goldfish Warning
Hellsing OVA
Hidamari Sketch
Infinite Ryvius
Jungle wa Itsumo Hare nochi Guu
Junkers Come Here
K-On s2
Kaiji
Kare Kano
Kurenai
Mermaid Forest TV
My Neighbor Totoro
Ojamajo Doremi
Ouran High School Host Club
Patlabor
Princess Nine
Red Garden
Rumic Theater
Sailor Moon R Movie
Seirei no Moribito
Slayers after s1
Spaceship Girl Yamamoto Youko
Spice and Wolf
Tenchi Muyo OVA
Tenshi na Konamaiki
Urusei Yatsura
Vampire Princess Miyu TV
Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito
You're Under Arrest OVA
Video Girl Ai
Violinist of Hameln

And you're trying to claim you need to watch Horizon to fill time?

Grzi

Didn't you enjoy the first season of Moyashimon? Watch the sequel of that! You don't need to resort to such drastic measures! If there's really nothing that appeals to you in the summer, you can always line up backlog shows. Or even rewatch stuff.

Unless, of course, you genuinely think Horizon looks good.

About seven or eight shows that should at least be watchable + eternal backlog, man.

Yeah, I know, loved Moyashimon, interested in a few shows, but still, although everything seems to point that it'll be crap, I can't help not to at least expect some good battles out of Horizon.

Blame my Shounen Haato.

Jex

Ace o Nerae!
Aoi Bungaku
Black Lagoon
Blood-C
Dirty Pair
Cromartie High School
Dark Cat dub
El Hazard
Garzey's Wing dub
Genshiken OVA + 2
Goldfish Warning
Hellsing OVA
Hidamari Sketch
Infinite Ryvius
Junkers Come Here
K-On s2
Kaiji
Kare Kano
Kurenai
Mermaid Forest TV
My Neighbor Totoro
Ojamajo Doremi
Patlabor
Princess Nine
Red Garden
Rumic Theater
Sailor Moon R Movie
Seirei no Moribito
Slayers after s1
Spice and Wolf
Tenchi Muyo OVA
Tenshi na Konamaiki
Urusei Yatsura
Vampire Princess Miyu TV
You're Under Arrest OVA
Video Girl Ai
Violinist of Hameln

Damn son. Someone just got told. Like, seriously told.
I have to agree with the general sentiment that
Kanna >>>>>>>>>>>>> boring boob alien.

So one bad character is slightly worse than another bad character? That's not particularly impressive.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Yeah, I know, loved Moyashimon, interested in a few shows, but still, although everything seems to point that it'll be crap, I can't help not to at least expect some good battles out of Horizon.

Blame my Shounen Haato.

I can think of a dozen series that would be better to watch than Horizon. And of course, that's just off the top of my head, there's dozens more. Really, there's no need to subject yourself to a horrible show like Horizon unless you're a masochist.

trejo

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia 10-11

This show really does have the whole stylized visuals to hide budget deficiencies thing down to a science and the good thing is that it works more often than not. Shinbo would be proud.

Episode 10 in particular was genuinely gripping in the way it decided to present its story and in the way it decided to frame events. Once the time came to reveal stuff it didn't really pull any punches and I appreciated that, even if it made certain scenes somewhat difficult for me to watch.

At the start of the season, if someone had told me this would turn out to be one of the more interesting shows I would've probably laughed in their face and yet here we are.

Jex

I thought you were going to bring up that time when
Hanekawa talked about "vampire charm."
Actually they
actually talk about that later.
People who don't know the context of this are really going to get the wrong idea.

Yes, but it's a lot more fun if I never tell anyone the context.
You are clearly still alive, unless Jexhius' butler is using your account now. In which case a *wink wink* is in order.

Here's a hint - there was a time when he wasn't.

Geneijin

I can think of a dozen series that would be better to watch than Horizon. And of course, that's just off the top of my head, there's dozens more. Really, there's no need to subject yourself to a horrible show like Horizon unless you're a masochist.
Horizon's great brah.

Ace o Nerae!
Aoi Bungaku
Black Lagoon
Blood-C
Dirty Pair
Cromartie High School
Dark Cat dub
El Hazard
Garzey's Wing dub
Genshiken OVA + 2
Goldfish Warning
Hellsing OVA
Hidamari Sketch
Infinite Ryvius
Junkers Come Here
K-On s2
Kaiji
Kare Kano
Kurenai
Mermaid Forest TV
My Neighbor Totoro
Ojamajo Doremi
Patlabor
Princess Nine
Red Garden
Rumic Theater
Sailor Moon R Movie
Seirei no Moribito
Slayers after s1
Spice and Wolf
Tenchi Muyo OVA
Tenshi na Konamaiki
Urusei Yatsura
Vampire Princess Miyu TV
You're Under Arrest OVA
Video Girl Ai
Violinist of Hameln

Horizon is better than all but maybe 5 of those.

Grzi

Ace o Nerae!
Aoi Bungaku
Black Lagoon
Blood-C
Dirty Pair
Cromartie High School
Dark Cat dub
El Hazard
Garzey's Wing dub
Genshiken OVA + 2
Goldfish Warning
Hellsing OVA
Hidamari Sketch
Infinite Ryvius
Junkers Come Here
K-On s2
Kaiji
Kare Kano
Kurenai
Mermaid Forest TV
My Neighbor Totoro
Ojamajo Doremi
Patlabor
Princess Nine
Red Garden
Rumic Theater
Sailor Moon R Movie
Seirei no Moribito
Slayers after s1
Spice and Wolf
Tenchi Muyo OVA
Tenshi na Konamaiki
Urusei Yatsura
Vampire Princess Miyu TV
You're Under Arrest OVA
Video Girl Ai
Violinist of Hameln

Yeah, but backlog and weekly following is different, I always like to have a variety of shows I can watch weekly, without neglecting the backlog too much.

I do thank you however, for filling the old backlog with the bolded shows, the rest of your list was already on it. :)

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Yeah, but backlog and weekly following is different, I always like to have a variety of shows I can watch weekly, without neglecting the backlog too much.

I do thank you however, for filling the old backlog with the bolded shows, the rest of your list was already on it. :)

So.... watch one of your backlog shows weekly? Still better than watching Horizon!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer

Maybe you should look into Yawara too, because this post is entirely judo.

Articalys

Sakamichi no Apollon 11

Have I mentioned how much the music adds to the atmosphere of this show?

Because it really adds to the atmosphere of this show.
That guitar when he opens the door to the roof...

Kagami

Horizon is pretty decent.
Started out meh but got good later.
Wound up as my second favorite 2011 fall show behind Haganai.
Horizon's character designs are a little too goofy for me to truly love.

Not going to try to compare it to everything on Hito's list, as that's a big mess.
Although there's definitely a few things on there I'd unquestionably take over Horizon, like K-On and Infinite Ryvius (BD box plz).

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia 10-11

At the start of the season, if someone had told me this would turn out to be one of the more interesting shows I would've probably laughed in their face and yet here we are.

Oh, I was about to drop it after ep 4, so now I'll probably follow through. Thanks.

Jex

[Dusk Maiden of Amnesia] - 4

It's must be embarrassing to be at SHAFT right now. This production is even SHAFT-ier than, say, something like Nisemonogatari, it really pulls out the SHAFT stops every single episode.

Despite the creative and interesting visual style the show actually have some visual problems. Firstly, I'm not a fan of some of the filters they use. Secondly, I don't the colour pallet works very well and finally the lighting can looks a bit off sometimes.

trejo

Aquarion EVOL 25

Lilac
Zessica is looking mighty fine, I must say. Best girl is now bestest girl.

So, holes are getting filled, CG mechas are getting Gattai'd and shit's about to assplode. I wonder if this mountain has at least one more lesson to impart before it's done.

Question. Is sexual aggression okay when it's between
mechas
?

Well, that's pretty much what I both want and expect from a brief indie short. What did you think about it, hosannainexcelsis?

Good stuff. The rough nature of the character designs and animation is very appealing to me - certainly it works very well with the action - and the constant slight camera shake keeps even the non-action sequences in motion, unifying the whole product. The narrative is a little confusing -
I assume we're seeing the girl's imagination as she hovers between life and death?
- but it's not like straightforward stories are what I watch indie shorts for.

Why is your name so long anyway?

Just Hosanna is fine.

Kagami

Is sexual aggression okay when it's between
mechas
?
qX8hq.png

Narag

Lupin III A Woman Called Fujiko Mine 12

What a clusterfuck.
Most of the episode was reiterating the obvious so it felt like a damn recap ep as they tried to bind the previous episodes into some sort of coherent whole. It's disappointing. If it'd been handled with more subtlety, it would have been grand. As it were, I had secretly hoped the drug effects would have a larger influence on stuff such that I might be able to rewatch previous episodes and have particular scenes make more sense or take on a different tone but I think I was simply expecting too much there. An amazing job of cheapening Oscar's episode was managed too.
Maybe the last episode can save this.

The rollercoaster sequence was better than this deserved.

Blame my Shounen Haato.

Horizon definitely has good battles. It also has some not so good ones, but they're tolerable at least.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Mahou Poni Twilight-Chan

The zerg invades ponyville! For some reason Pinkie Pie recognizes them even though there's not a copy of starcraft to be found in ponyville.

Seriously, why was pinkie pye the only one who knew what they were? It makes no sense. Also, how are they going to rebuild ponyville? Hopefully next episode is all about rebuilding a devastated town from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom