• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
The full version of the Sengoku Collection OP is the best thing to come out of that show. The B-Side song in the single is pretty neat too.

Remember how
Kurotsuchi defeated him by injecting him with a substance that immobilized his reflexes by making every second feel like a hundred years
? It was a pretty good metaphor for the Bleach viewing experience in general.

Well, at least Kubo's self-conscious.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's a kids show? Whhaaaaattt? I didn't know that. That seems on par with the ridiculousness of classifying Up as a kids movie.
I mean, I basically had my suspicions when they ended every episode with a "cool space picture" for no real reason. Tonally, it feels like a kid's show meant to inspire kids to go into science anyhoo.

survivor

Banned
Remember how
Kurotsuchi defeated him by injecting him with a substance that immobilized his reflexes by making every second feel like a hundred years
Thats the best description of Bleach

Ultimadrago

Remember how

Never thought of it like that...it's perfect, really.

Makoto

I mean, I basically had my suspicions when they ended every episode with a "cool space picture" for no real reason. Tonally, it feels like a kid's show meant to inspire kids to go into science anyhoo.
To me it's felt like a show for all ages. The most recent episode's more mature themes made the fact that it's for kids more surprising.

It doesn't affect how I view the show but that timeslot always made me wonder what was up. Interesting.

Remember how

So basically you are saying it's already too late.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
To me it's felt like a show for all ages. The most recent episode's more mature themes made the fact that it's for kids more surprising.

It doesn't affect how I view the show but that timeslot always made me wonder what was up. Interesting.
Well, many kids shows work for all audiences of course. And the movie is probably aiming at an older audience as well.

wonzo

Banned
Space Bros 9

spacebros9.jpg

what better way to ponder the temporal nature of all things than by pulling a silly face

The full version of the Sengoku Collection OP is the best thing to come out of that show. The B-Side song in the single is pretty neat too.
even better than episode 8?!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Legend of the Galactic Heroes] 024

Sakuga? In my LotGH? It was so surprising it compelled me to finally get off my arse and venture into the realm of gif-making. Ore no Hajimete Giffu ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai:
Yeah, not optimised at all. I'm learning though, thanks to alr1ghtstart's magnificent gif tutorial thread.

Yang is a bit too lenient on foes. I'm suspicious that his humanity will be his downfall. Such a nice guy like him will surely burn in the pages of history.

[Legend of the Galactic Heroes] 025
I smell the NTR coming on!

This episode could be called
"The Rise and Fall of His Excellency Reinhard von Lohengramm" after the shocking(!!) developments Oberstein guided him into. It's a sad affair seeing him and Kircheis fighting for something so silly like two million people dead. They nuked an entire planet and that's all the corpses they burned? Surely that planet wasn't even important, pfft

Lohengramm's position as Yang's foil was more apparent today. They basically solved the same problem through opposite matters: Yang's the pacifist while Lohengramm's descent into jerkness is now inevitable. I suspect someone close to him will die. And soon.

This show also has some real goofy reaction images:

Brazil

Space Brothers 9

Well, last week's preview had already spoiled this for me... But in this episode they touch that subject, with a fitting introduction.

I love the small interactions between characters. Things like Mutta eating the choco burgers that fell on his blanket inside the plane, or his father making impressions, or the little kid telling Mutta how old she is, or even
Eddie waving at Japan from the ISS's window.

What can I say? Another great, intelligent and funny episode. Hell, we even got a nice dosis of Serika-san! That's the good stuff.

Bwahahahaha.

even better than episode 8?!

Different kinds of good, hahaha.

What Shining Hearts: Shiawase no Pan really needs is a suitably hammy English dub that really emphasizes the bread euphemisms.

Oh yes, please.

Jex

Fate/Zero 21

But, back to
Kariya... Hell, why must all the great characters in the Fate franchise suffer so much? There's Kariya, FZ's Lancer...

I think perhaps we have some differing definitions of 'great' characters!

Jex

Fate/Zero 21:

Still, the important thing is fuck Gilgamesh, fuck Kotomine, fuck Tokiomi, and fuck Zouken. These final four episodes are going to be absolutely brutal.
Which reminds me, I think Zouken is just about the worst written character in the whole series. He's really like some comic book, evil for the sake of evil, villain. That his presence is tied into some of the worst content in the show is no surprise.

Dresden

Mad Pierrot said:
fuck

Kirei is one of the best characters in the show.

jsitMl.jpg

I never really got it, but they suggested that his mole had powers
right? or did I read it wrong

Sex powers.

Jexhius said:
Which reminds me, I think Zouken is just about the worst written character in the whole series. He's really like some comic book, evil for the sake of evil, villain. That his presence is tied into some of the worst content in the show is no surprise.
So much protest against pure-hearted
worm rape.

Jex

I guess I sympathize with all of those who hold noble causes.

But, just out of curiosity, who do you like?
Kiritsugu, Archer, Kirei,Tokiomi, Waver, Rider, Ryūnosuke and Caster are all interesting characters who I enjoy seeing interact with one another and the rest of the people in the show.

I enjoy seeing Lancer, Saber, Kariya and Kayneth play off other members of the cast.

Irisviel is boring, and Irisviel talking to Saber is the cure for insomnia.

Natalia has no character to speak of. There are people in one-off flashbacks who are more fleshed out than she it.

Brazil

Acchi Kocchi 8

Kawaii.

And the Io/Sakaki duo is the best one to come out of this season. Shooting dem CG corks like true gentlemen.

Damn, they're totally playing Poitter's Point/Poy Poy! Man, those were the times.

*Insert fan death joke here* The end.

Branduil

Casshern Sins 1

Was not a fan of the first half of the episode. The editing and pacing was really weird, like watching a really-long movie trailer. Second half was substantially better.

Being Casshern is suffering.

Instro

Casshern Sins 1

Was not a fan of the first half of the episode. The editing and pacing was really weird, like watching a really-long movie trailer. Second half was substantially better.

Being Casshern is suffering.

Never seen Casshern? Surprising.

Deadman Wonderland 1 Dub

I love Shiro's voice. Pretty good dub. Can't wait to hear what Minatsuki sounds like.

Happy this got such a positive response in the Toonami thread along with Casshern. Hopefully it's like that elsewhere too.

duckroll

I kinda consider Zouken to be a sort of comedy relief character at this point, like certain Rider/Waver scenes. He doesn't appear often enough to really have a huge impact on the tone of the show, but whenever he does appear it's "fun" to watch in a comic way, like you said. I blame his terrible design... and that laugh. Dat laugh. Lolz. :(

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Fate/Zero 21:

Why is this show so good? It's literally suffering trying to watch other shows this season as they fail in comparison to the greatness that is Fate/Zero.

This episode was no exception.
Kariya
;_;

Branduil

I kinda consider Zouken to be a sort of comedy relief character at this point, like certain Rider/Waver scenes. He doesn't appear often enough to really have a huge impact on the tone of the show, but whenever he does appear it's "fun" to watch in a comic way, like you said. I blame his terrible design... and that laugh. Dat laugh. Lolz. :(

What is with him looking like a character from a completely different work, anyway?

Branduil

Deadman Wonderland 01: saved by group viewing experience.

Casshern Sins 01: Casshern drinking game.

CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN

CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN CASSHERN
I feel intoxicated already.

I hope Australian liquor is weak stuff, for his sake.

Articalys

Today's Koyama panel was unfortunately less interesting, mostly due to technical difficulties and weak questions from the audience. Hopefully his character design panel tomorrow will be better.

Also, the Sailor Moon marathon was timed precisely to include the entirety of S, start to finish. Following it seems to be an eight-hour LotGH marathon, but I'm not staying around to find out what it covers.

duckroll

Today's Koyama panel was unfortunately less interesting, mostly due to technical difficulties and weak questions from the audience. Hopefully his character design panel tomorrow will be better.

Also, the Sailor Moon marathon was timed precisely to include the entirety of S, start to finish. Following it seems to be an eight-hour LotGH marathon, but I'm not staying around to find out what it covers.

What panel was it today? Did anyone ask him about his love for semen yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom