• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Rosario Vampire 11

This is turning into a Brave 10 impression, where the only redemming part of it is an image of Mizore.
So, the SUPER Newspaper Club? Really, that's pretty stupid. And of course the Security Council is the big bad here since I guess all high schools have one that is drunk on power. And once again, the funniest bit besides Mizore was the creepy guy drooling over the loli witch in a maid outfit.

mizore or Isanami. either way you can't go wrong. Well as long as they are in the scene. Otherwise, fucking forget it.

Ultimadrago

Fate/Zero 21

nWPf0.jpg

-_- Determination

Man, I have to admit, all those black bars made me prepare for the worst (narrative-wise, not quality).

It all went better than expected!

Kirei and Archer
make for such an interesting team to watch. Puppet and puppeteer speaking to one another on very personal terms. Kirei wants to be a "real boy" and is growing through one of man's most primitive traits
the search for pleasure, a rush of dopamine,

As for
Kariya
, damn son,
as if the man hasn't suffered enough. He strangles Aoi in his blind rage considering the events. The scene is quite something to hear and watch. It is a powerful one. The thrusting as Kariya knows that his ideal relationship with Aoi had been forever torn asunder. One man in the room loses what was one of his primary sources of happiness while another gains.

Kirei's development into the depth of his madness, Berserker playing with some clone jutsu, Rider making it to prepare for another day!

These were all good things, that as usual, set this up for my show of the season (is choosing a show that continued from the last, cheating?)

Oh well, nonetheless, great episode and I desire more!

Though one nagging thought,
Why didn't Saber clear things up with Rider after seeing the absence of Iri? She wasted time and mana with a Noble Phantasm to do what? Make a message of her power? I don't think that could be it. Then why?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Fate/Zero 21

Though one nagging thought,
Why didn't Saber clear things up with Rider after seeing the absence of Iri? She wasted time and mana with a Noble Phantasm to do what? Make a message of her power? I don't think that could be it. Then why?

Yeah, that's the thing that left everyone scratching their heads after this episode.

I'll quote duckroll, though, hoping that he's right:

This leads me to wonder if there is a scene missing on the broadcast version where Saber tries to reason with Rider, but he wants to defeat her so badly he won't let her leave even though she knows they're not involved. If there is such a scene, it would also explain why after failing to kill both Rider and Waver with the attack, she chooses to leave instead of attacking them further. But right now as it is, it just seems kinda odd and poorly set up.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
One Piece 17

nakama nakama nakam- JUST SHUT UP ALREADY LUFFY, YOU'RE ANNOYING ENOUGH AS IT IS

DFOo2.jpg

Yay, a good scene-

7XcNk.jpg

No I guess not.

what a horrible arc, I'm just glad it's finally over.

Rosario Vampire 12
Breakdown Breakdown Breakdown
Everything and everyone pretty much breaks down this episode. It's pretty much like snap we have two episodes left, gotta somehow throw some drama into the mix. The show is still pretty stupid, even more stupid than other high school comedies and I really doubt that this will really change anything. Not to mention, now that everyone knows he's a human, what other pointless stuff is going to happen in season two now.

Brazil

One Piece 17

http://i.imgur.com/DFOo2.jpg[IMG]

Yay, a good scene-

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/7XcNk.jpg[IMG]

No I guess not. [/QUOTE]

I'm disappointed that you fail to understand the wonders of 肉肉肉肉肉肉肉肉肉肉

cajunator

Banned
Rosario Vampire 12

Everything and everyone pretty much breaks down this episode. It's pretty much like snap we have two episodes left, gotta somehow throw some drama into the mix. The show is still pretty stupid, even more stupid than other high school comedies and I really doubt that this will really change anything. Not to mention, now that everyone knows he's a human, what other pointless stuff is going to happen in season two now.

The good parts of season 2.

Mizore is still in it.

This god-tier OP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snrwwGsNpl8

Sadly, nothing else.

Makoto

The Sacred Blacksmith 1-3

Luke Ainsworth is quite the asshole.
Granted, Cecily is no knight but seeing her get rescued day in and day out by Luke was almost insufferable. Are there any strong women in this town? You can't count Aria seeing as she's a sword first, woman second.
Though episode 3
had Cecily getting rescued yet again, I think I was able to empathize with her reluctance to commit murder.
I do find Cecily a bit interesting, maybe because she's a moeblob in armor but I do want to see her rise above the sexism lack of faith her comrades have in her and prove herself worthy.

Ultimadrago

Upotte!! 8

Sensei is a sick deviant for
wanting his all female class to do homework in maid outfits.

Take this man to jail.

Wait, so SIG's really never putting her
top bun thing
back on?

I want my money back.

Also America being the one that likes to splurge money on instant gratification is racist (Yes, to the race of America!) !

Also Long-haired AUG > Eru > Funco. (You beat one of 'em, UK)

All in all,
it's about the male teacher's suffering and coming together with group of girls.

E2WfW.jpg

Get wrecked.

Well, this episode wasn't dull, actually it was surprisingly pretty watchable, but it's nothing to sound the "Come one, come all!" alarm.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Rosario Vampire 12

Mizore makes it all worth it.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Fate/Zero 21:

FUCKED. UP.

The entire scene in the church was just extraordinarily heartrending and visceral, and not in the shitty video game PR speak way. I mean, actually stabbing and twisting your guts and just generally punching you in the soul visceral. That was the kind of scene that makes me wish that I was actually capable of crying at the sight of tragic events in movies/television/books/etc. because I wanted to feel what was happening much, much more than I already was. Just brilliant, devastating execution.

I really want to see what Kariya's last stand will be like now that he has nothing left to live for. His whole existence is a horrifying aberration now--his only chance of victory came at the cost of the person he was trying to protect, he was denied revenge against Tokiomi, and the only person that he ever loved is dead by his own hands. Berserker now has an equally rabid dog of a Master with no path to victory, no more capability for rational thought, and no regard for his own life. I wonder if, with the last of his strength, Kariya is going to forsake the Grail War entirely and turn his wrath upon Zouken. Even with his fresh infusion of mana from Sakura's worm, there's no way that he can hope to defeat three other Masters and Servants in his frail state and using Berserker to kill Zouken and free Sakura is really the closest that he's going to get to fulfilling the desires that he wishes to be fulfilled by the Grail.

I share the same problems that others have with the battle between Saber and Rider. Saber simply left without asking Iri's whereabouts, and furthermore, she was given a clear opportunity to defeat Rider and passed for no discernible reason. I wasn't particularly pleased with how the situation was handled. At least the motorcycle scenes generally looked good even if they became a bit too CG-happy between the magical armor plating and the shots of pistons and gears in the motor. How exactly Saber was causing the motorcycle to accelerate was left unclear, however I assume that she was creating some sort of magical airfoil to eliminate friction.

Still, the important thing is fuck Gilgamesh, fuck Kotomine, fuck Tokiomi, and fuck Zouken. These final four episodes are going to be absolutely brutal.

Rosario Vampire 13
And, I'm done!
Lots of wasted potential here in this episode. The interesting looking lackies are basically knocked out off camera, the final boss is basically a jRPG boss with multiple forms where we basically go from one form to the next. Of course it's not even the power of friendship that knocks out the final boss but just another boring kick. And, hell even the whole he's a human is basically brushed over like yeah, sorry for cheering that you were about to get killed. All in all, what you expect for a terrible series like this. And, I still have season 2 left to go.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

Granted, Cecily is no knight but seeing her get rescued day in and day out by Luke was almost insufferable. Are there any strong women in this town? You can't count Aria seeing as she's a sword first, woman second.
Though episode 3
had Cecily getting rescued yet again, I think I was able to empathize with her reluctance to commit murder.
I do find Cecily a bit interesting, maybe because she's a moeblob in armor but I do want to see her rise above the sexism lack of faith her comrades have in her and prove herself worthy.

If you can make it past the episode with the
sword with the testicle hilt
, you're a stronger man than I.

RIP Manglobe

survivor

Banned
Moyashimon 2-5

brb, dropping out of my CS program and joining an agricultural college.

I really expected this to be like Silver Spoon with focus on different areas of agriculture, instead it's mostly on sake and alcohol. Not bad, but it makes it harder for me to pay attention when the subject topic is uninteresting. Oh well, it doesn't hurt to learn new things. The comedy and character interactions are still fun, but the visuals are still on the meh side for most of the times.

tiff

Banned

Though episode 3
I hear Cecily's actually worth a shit in the manga.

Sacred blacksmithh....I bought that one day on a whim. Haven't watched it yet. Cecily is cute so well, that's always a good start.
That she is. She's the only reason I'm interested in the show.

One Piece 16-17

Finally finished this arc. It was rather boring, and there were some really silly moments (what took the cake was
Kaya somehow stealthily grabbing Jango's weapon despite being several feet away at the time - I didn't know she ate the Gum-Gum Fruit
). At least there were a couple seconds of good animation this time. Hopefully the next character to get added is more tolerable than Usopp. Speaking of Usopp, the multiple flashbacks attempting to make him extra sympathetic were tiring.

Brazil

One Piece 16-17

Finally finished this arc. It was rather boring, and there were some really silly moments (what took the cake was
Kaya somehow stealthily grabbing Jango's weapon despite being several feet away at the time - I didn't know she ate the Gum-Gum Fruit
). At least there were a couple seconds of good animation this time. Hopefully the next character to get added is more tolerable than Usopp. Speaking of Usopp, the multiple flashbacks attempting to make him extra sympathetic were tiring.

Usopp's so much better than he seems in his introduction arc.

Ultimadrago

Yeah, I did get her autograph, though unfortunately her panel yesterday was the same time as the AO panel and I was at the latter. Right now I'm seated waiting for her concert, actually.

Autograph and concert? That's awesome, man!

(Yes, I am green with friendly envy)

Uchip

Banned
DTL doesn't like Usopp because he can't shoot beams out of his eyes. We've already been through that, haha.

judging by his avatar, id say its more because hes weird looking and wouldnt work in yaoi :p
usopp gave rise to some of the best moments in the show
such as
the only straw hat to fight luffy, burning the government flag, he makes the scene where they burn the going merry that much better, SOGEKING!
etc

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I loved the episode but
what was with the sound effects? was her neck made of balloons?

I don't know what it sounds like to strangle someone, but I'm pretty sure that it's not silent.

If nothing else, the sound gives the viewer a sense of just how tightly Kariya is squeezing Aoi's neck.

One Piece 16-17

Usopp starts out as the worst character but ends up the best. It's a gradual process that occurs over several arcs, but if you make it that far and you're able to witness just how much character development he receives, you'll be impressed. He's in the unique position of being the only normal person in a crew of superhumans and has to adapt accordingly.

Ultimadrago

He's in the unique position of being the only normal person in a crew of superhumans and has to adapt accordingly.

Hey, what about lil' ol' Nami?

judging by his avatar, id say its more because hes weird looking and wouldnt work in yaoi :p
such as
the only straw hat to fight luffy, burning the government flag, he makes the scene where they burn the going merry that much better, SOGEKING!
etc

Agreed, some of the series' best moments.

survivor

Banned
such as
etc

Sogeking is fucking awesome. Really loved his appearance when I got to that part.

It's really hilarious reading people's impressions about early Usopp when he is such an awesome character.

Eureka Seven Ep. 37

"Question Limitation"
ik6fzMCWHBets.gif

This whole episode was on the stupid side. Who wrote this?
Aquarion (movie) : Screenplay
Aquarion (OAV) : Series Composition
Aquarion (TV) : Series Composition, Screenplay
Arjuna (TV) : Series Composition, Script
Well, that explains everything.

DTL doesn't like Usopp because he can't shoot beams out of his eyes. We've already been through that, haha.

such as
etc

You all know me too well.

At least in the manga, those scenes were good, but outside of that, I could do without Usopp.

Usopp is better in the most current anime arc.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Moyashimon 2-5

brb, dropping out of my CS program and joining an agricultural college.

I really expected this to be like Silver Spoon with focus on different areas of agriculture, instead it's mostly on sake and alcohol. Not bad, but it makes it harder for me to pay attention when the subject topic is uninteresting. Oh well, it doesn't hurt to learn new things. The comedy and character interactions are still fun, but the visuals are still on the meh side for most of the times.

Show gets better about halfway through.

jbug617

Banned
Kuroko No Basket 8

Still enjoying the show and the freshmen duo have to face the
martial arts trained basketball team
before a potential match up with Midorima. The flashback of from Kuroko's middle school was good.

Hyouka 5

Outstanding. The conclusion to this arc was solid, and the direction spectacular; the variety of camera angles used was very impressive, and the imagery in the flashbacks impressive. Glad to see Oreki beginning to open up, as the lightning in the opening scene made so clear, and I hope that continues. Maybe one day we'll actually get to see him crack a smile? Ah, I'm hoping for too much there.

Usopp starts out as the worst character but ends up the best. It's a gradual process that occurs over several arcs, but if you make it that far and you're able to witness just how much character development he receives, you'll be impressed. He's in the unique position of being the only normal person in a crew of superhumans and has to adapt accordingly.

Character development would be most welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom