• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

Sadly, Mai Aizawa's concert was super short, only two songs, but she was full of energy and really upbeat so my day's a bit better now. And even though it's not her character, she bid the audience "selamat pagi" at the end.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Rick's Bread's ED single is out today, guys.

Oh yeah.

EjEgQ.jpg

madp

The Light of El Cantare
well tbh, shes more of a pirate than luffy
knows how to sail/read maps, steals shite :p

Nami is an anomaly as the rest of the crew evidently thinks that piracy is some kind of cheerful anarchism instead of, y'know, the usual plundering and killing. They're only so combat-oriented because they all support Luffy's goal to be the Pirate King.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
After all this talk... Yeah, fuck Yami to Boushi. I'm off to watch some One Piece.

I'm with you the second this season ends. I have a year's worth of episodes to catch up on. The pacing is so bad that I just wasn't able to watch week to week any more and the anime is currently in the middle of my least-favorite arc (outside of Davy Back Fight) anyway, so I'm also glad to have the advantage of being able to blow through half or more of it in quick succession.

For those up to date with the manga, in a few weeks the show should just about be at the point where
Hody Jones gets his shit wrecked
which is about as great a place as any to pick the show back up.

Makoto

The Scared Blacksmith 4

I reaaaaallly do not like how easily Cecily is willing to give up her possessions as well as her body just to make things right in the world. It's a good thing she was offering herself to Luke instead of just any other man.
I guess Luke being a more frustrating male lead than Mahiro from Nyaruko is good for something but I think that's more a testament to how awful of a character Cecily is rather than Luke.

The Sacred Blacksmith 5

Gaahh, I really liked this episode. An episode dedicated to Lisa being adorable was what it was. It was totally slice of life and I enjoyed every minute of it.
I did not however enjoy that severely minor display of dere from Luke. For how much of an ass he is, I require much more gratitude for a girl who is basically his servant.

I especially liked the scenery and backgrounds. I'm a real sucker for dawn and dusk shots, so the use of purple during the initial minutes of the episode resonated with me. It evoked this feeling of being familiar and other-worldly at the same time.

If you can make it past the episode with the
sword with the testicle hilt
, you're a stronger man than I.

RIP Manglobe
I... don't think I've hit that episode yet but I will keep an eye out for it.

I don't think I should have typed that.

Sacred blacksmithh....I bought that one day on a whim. Haven't watched it yet. Cecily is cute so well, that's always a good start.
You should take a peek. At least up until episode 2.

I hear Cecily's actually worth a shit in the manga.
I've heard the same. It's a shame there's plot in this show. Episode 5 demonstrated to me that it would probably work better as a slice of life with some hints of plot, a la Rick's Bread.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I will just watch an AMV of the fight.

By nature (read:
the first appearance of Gomu Gomu no Red Hawk and punching an island-sized ship into smithereens
) this particular fight should have some really fantastic animation unless they cut corners to the extreme, so regardless of what I or others may think about the arc itself, I expect a treat for the eyes.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I'm with you the second this season ends. I have a year's worth of episodes to catch up on. The pacing is so bad that I just wasn't able to watch week to week any more and the anime is currently in the middle of my least-favorite arc (outside of Davy Back Fight) anyway, so I'm also glad to have the advantage of being able to blow through half or more of it in quick succession.

For those up to date with the manga, in a few weeks the show should just about be at the point where
Hody Jones gets his shit wrecked
which is about as great a place as any to pick the show back up.

I remember my days of waiting an entire week for each new shounen episode. It's terrible indeed.

Brave 10 9
So now they finally decide to explain what's going on. It only took them 9 episodes. For being an anime where everyone bleeds profusely every episode, Ana seems to be immune to it. It's like her fights are on the SNES version or something.

Ultimadrago

Aim for the Ace 4-7

jUzez.jpg

She's a gal of many, many faces. She may be pink, but she's really dangerous, etc, etc.

Well, the ear bleeding sound effects are still around for those meddlesome school antics!

Also Otawa
got beat by Hiro, the worst tennis player on Earth.

*points and laughs*

The
lost racket!

*gasp*

Ochoufujin is truly a role-model for all female bullies
or ex-bullies, whatever

Also sweating sparkles.

Hiro took too many balls to the racket, etc, etc.

XUW22.jpg

Say no to drugs, kids

Munakata coach is still the best character. "You'll know what her true ability is...in the future."

Sure, you've heard many others say something similar in anime, but for real...what a boss.

Also,
traitors
!
Traitors
everywhere!

But real bosses don't take freebies from cowardly
traitors
!
If you haven't been able to tell, this show is about bosses (and non-bosses)

w6KBm.jpg

Don't not believe yourself in front of Coachee...

Not good enough, Hiro.

Get better.

Makoto

Space Brothers 9

A very sobering episode yet one of the funniest ones.
The realization that there is an end to everything
was a strong theme here. The way the show has utilized it's visuals has been nothing short of clever as well as reflective of the internal hopes, happiness and anxiety we humans experience.

I've seen the trailer for the live action film and (spoilers)
if that truly spoils the fact that Mutta will become an astronaut then I'm fine with that. The journey is what matters and the journey Space Brothers has presented is a grand one.

On a separate tangent, how does a show like this get aired in Japan at 7AM?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Best Student Council 07

oK9w7.png

This episode was surprisingly decent. I actually found myself laughing at some points (Sayuri trying to show off some sex appeal was awkward and hilarious). It was also nice to see the student council handle a matter seriously for once, as I was pretty convinced they were just going to pull some more shennanigans and whip out the youth cannon or some other absurd plot ending device.

Best of all, this episode was focused on Mayura who in my opinion is the best girl in the student council with Rein following at a close 2nd.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Space Brothers 9
A very sobering episode yet one of the funniest ones.
The realization that there is an end to everything
was a strong theme here. The way the show has utilized it's visuals has been nothing short of clever as well as reflective of the internal hopes, happiness and anxiety we humans experience.

I've seen the trailer for the live action film and (spoilers)
if that truly spoils the fact that Mutta will become an astronaut then I'm fine with that. The journey is what matters and the journey Space Brothers has presented is a grand one.

On a separate tangent, how does a show like this get aired in Japan at 7AM?

I don't think that's the important thing that the movie spoils.

And, it's a kids show!

*sniffle*

She did me proud.
If only she DDT'ed a goat in order to get her BL back?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
After a hundred episodes of
Szayel Aporro,
I just couldn't handle it anymore and stopped watching the show. Never came back.

Remember how
Kurotsuchi defeated him by injecting him with a substance that immobilized his reflexes by making every second feel like a hundred years
? It was a pretty good metaphor for the Bleach viewing experience in general.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Fate/Zero 03
have I told you about Kiritsugu yet Kiritsugu is so nice I wish I were Kiritsugu because Kiritsugu is like the best and sometimes I dream about Kiritsugu and I dream Kiritsugu and I wish I were Kiritsugu and Kiritsugu will get into my pants I will feel like a Kiritsugu
It's funny because it's outdated.

The last time I watched an animu so enamoured with its own verbiage was Bakemonogatari. At least this doesn't have any borderline illegal antics yet. Oh wait,
worm rape
. :I

In more uplifting news, I convinced my imouto to check Kids on the Slope and she loved it! She watched every episode released so far in one evening.

Remember how
Kurotsuchi defeated him by injecting him with a substance that immobilized his reflexes by making every second feel like a hundred years
? It was a pretty good metaphor for the Bleach viewing experience in general.

As well as the reading experience of Bleach!

That fight was around the time that I really started to completely turn against the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom