• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Just as long as you're the one brushing your own teeth.

Well thankfully at least that's the case.

Its kind of funny that I wasn't interested in Nisemonogatari at all, despite loving Bakemonogatari to death. Maybe its because Senjougahara is fantastic as a character and her introduction and participation in Bake left a huge impression on me that Nise really didn't. althougH I haven't exactly given Nise much of a chance to either.

/XX/

Fanime 2012 - Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean Panel | Lost in America - Anime & More
http://www.lostinanime.com/2012/05/fanime-2012-eureka-seven-astral-ocean.html

What panel was it today? Did anyone ask him about his love for semen yet?
Why didn't anyone ask him about SEMEN? :(
But you could say that a friend of yours really, really wants to know about his experience writing an episode about sperm soldiers! :D
Man, you should ask him on twitter (http://twitter.com/#!/joey__jones). He has been pretty active on it, regularly too.

Jex

[Mysterious Girlfriend X] - 8

Hmm.

mgx82.png

mgx83.png

Did someone say best girl?

mgx81.png

Yup.

wonzo

Banned
I don't know about that. Pretty much every single character in Bake/Nise is a female and they all want to Araragi to...brush their teeth so it seems unlikely.
just wait until arararararagi takes his toothbrush skills on the road. he's gonna brush the shit outta everyone

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Nazo no Kanojo X 8

"I can't just lock myself in my room with my dirty mind on a Sunday morning!"

Wait a second.

Through drool. That's an innovative way to
cop a feel,
I guess – Wait, what's going on here? ... OH SHIT SON.

Dat scene. Hawt.

cajunator

Banned
Nazo no Kanojo X 8

"I can't just lock myself in my room with my dirty mind on a Sunday morning!"

Wait a second.

Through drool. That's an innovative way to
cop a feel,
I guess – Wait, what's going on here? ... OH SHIT SON.

Dat scene. Hawt.

Her scissors look unbelievably dull.

Naruto Shippuden 101 - 104
tumblr_ls2kabJIsM1qhfxyxo1_500.gif

I will miss Bacchikoi Bacchikoi Baby! Three tailed filler arc, though the addition of silly Tobi and Deidara, and Kabuto was welcome, they all have such good voices in the dub. Oh and Kiba too.

Jade Crystal style is a cool jutsu.

Uchip

Banned
Naruto Shippuden 101 - 104
tumblr_ls2kabJIsM1qhfxyxo1_500.gif

I will miss Bacchikoi Bacchikoi Baby! Three tailed filler arc, though the addition of silly Tobi and Deidara, and Kabuto was welcome, they all have such good voices in the dub. Oh and Kiba too.

Jade Crystal style is a cool jutsu.

god that OP is the worst fucking OP in the history of shounen anime

Brazil

Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito 5

That was one hell of a breakdown over broccoli.

The narrator speeches seem to be this show's only connection with reality and common sense.

Savages! And their gibberish makes just as much sense as the rest of this show. But, hey, one of the savages knows human language. And I think her name's Kuiru. Or was it Kuiru? Maybe it was Kuiru.

Oh my. That monster design. And what's with his size? Is he a Nazo no Kanojo X pair of boobs? In one scene he's 5 feet tall, in the next he's 15 feet tall... And in the other he's
a cute little bat.
Alright, whatever.

I don't think they understand what a god is. And then some random guy shows up and Kuiru can't talk anymore. "Seems like we were played for fools again" indeed.

cajunator

Banned
Ghost Stories (dub)

I am actually tempted to track down and buy this legit because of the dubbing jokes on YouTube. It's like a full on out-takes session.

I also want to hear the Gurren-Lagann outtakes COME ON

Oh god. you just sold me on Ghost Stories. The dubbing is very similar to some of my nostalgic favorites. Some of the character voices I can recognize immediately.

the BEST outtakes videos are still the ones from Berserk.

Frosteey

Neo Member
Jazz Show 1

I was really disappointed with the opening song but otherwise it was pretty good for an introduction episode. There were a couple of moments where I didn't hate the main character which is pretty refreshing for the character type. Promising.

Hyouka 1

So much Kyon. Other two characters are pretty good too. Fukube is like high school Yamazaki from Cardcaptor Sakura, pretty good. Chitanda is like YuixHaruhi if I thought Yui was a less annoying character. The actual plot was pretty dumb in a nicely relaxing and enjoyable way.

Looked really good. Oreki even adjusted his pen a little bit when he was spinning it, so realistic! Very promising.

Persona 4 ending episodes

Eh.

There was something in particular I might have really liked I don't remember.

There might not have been.

Uchip

Banned
Oh god. you just sold me on Ghost Stories. The dubbing is very similar to some of my nostalgic favorites. Some of the character voices I can recognize immediately.

the BEST outtakes videos are still the ones from Berserk.

Ghost Stories is only worth watching dubbed
are you going to link us the berserk ones?

god that OP is the worst fucking OP in the history of shounen anime

Its such a funny OP, lol, not to mention the amazing things the fandom has done with it. (Sasuke version is hilarious).

Hunter x Hunter 33
tumblr_m4nywtegpm1rs84cuo1_500.png

Kind of a slow episode however once the drama got in they did it well.

Killua FTW
that killing intent and everything at the last few minutes, was epic, dude got so scared
. Killua is the best aspect of HxH.

Brazil

Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito 6

Have you met a guy? Are you a guy? Do you like guys? This pancake is delicious! Why are your breasts this big? I love how they try to build relationships between the characters by having they talk about random stupid stuff.

But it works, I guess.

So this episode is about a girl who lives alone in an island with a white bengal tiger and can't grow because of "magic". For some reason the girl who likes broccoli is with her. Oh, and she also has headaches that rip the world apart with illusions. But they're not caused by her - they're caused by that bizarre gnome from the library (?). And then she decides to pull a Moses and for some reason
isn't ripped apart by the water's strength when she fails.

Cool, I guess.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Upotte!! 8

Teased about a maid cafe and we hardly see it.
Teased about the greatest makeup of all time and we never see it.
Teased about fish 'n' chips and we never see it.

Well at least L being a sneaky bugger was a highlight.

Brazil

Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito 7

Oh... So that blue-haired girl is a devil that has spawned from Ririsu in the past, and that's why she holds a grudge against her. And everyone's ok with that. Here, Hatsuki, have some tea. Alright.

And she just disappears afterward! She's not even with them in the boat in that scene from the previous episode. Oh, well. At least the "periperi" thing made some sense, I guess.

"Did you just sing?" "No lol" "Of course lol"

Who doesn't like these scenes? It's funny how, according to anime, only the most crazy and obsessed girls do that. The examples are endless.

So they both like each other but can't go full yuri because...?

Bwahaha.

Brazil

Upotte!! 8

Teased about a maid cafe and we hardly see it.
Teased about the greatest makeup of all time and we never see it.
Teased about fish 'n' chips and we never see it.

Well at least L being a sneaky bugger was a highlight.

Wow. I had completely forgotten about that... And I think the author did too. They even showed them preparing the make-up, bwahaha.

I am suddenly possessed by a powerful urge to start collecting Full Metal Alchemist manga

You can never have enough good manga.

you have probably heard this before
but you should probably just watch the original, especially if you like it so far

The style or at least the characters looked kind of different in that one then the current one, like making the series seem more darker and the characters looking older? Its hard to describe. (watched a few clips from the exam arc). Think I prefer the new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom