• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Suikoden Demon Country
Was kind of nodding off on this OVA. I was probably the only one
who was fooled by Miyuki when we first saw "her".

Idol Fighter Su Chi Pai
This was actually enjoyable, if only for the NEW YORKAH Android.

Arcade Gamer Fubuki 1-2
Videogames? Ridiculous special moves? Yuri
goggles
? Winner.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I hear the New York Times thinks differently.

Some quarters of AnimeGAF had even more unfounded and ambitious expectations for the show than even the resident anime "expert" at the New York Times.

I suppose that Lagrange is just the kind of show that forces people to make unreasonable hyperbolic statements about its potential.
I still thought it was awesome.

Dresden

I'll probably watch just for delicious lanservice.

Admittedly that's what I said last season and I ended up only watching two or so episodes, but still.

Jex

Some quarters of AnimeGAF had even more unfounded and ambitious expectations for the show than even the resident anime "expert" at the New York Times.

I suppose that Lagrange is just the kind of show that forces people to make unreasonable hyperbolic statements about its potential.
I still thought it was awesome.

I thought the shows main problem was it's lack clear focus. No-one knew who it was for and subsequently no-one bought it. Why they're pouring more money into this is beyond me.

Strangely enough, if they did go in up to their armpits in serious business stuff at the very least the show would have a clear focus and tone (even if there serious stuff was some of the worst parts in first season). Somehow I don't think they're going to do that though.

Yeah. Galilbro shows a true connection with his 'raifu'.

Also, the next one is certainly the best joke from M14 & Mr. Tennōji. All that 'speculah', gone on a whim:

This is a direct reference to an answer from the author:

Twitter / kitsunetennouji: @ArgentMaddie M16のオレ
http://twitter.com/kitsunetennouji/status/201488597973602305

A very good job you have done with this edit, kind /a/non!

The orange thing was nice trolling from the mangaka. But I'm not a person who needs deep explenation for all these things, sometimes is a sky just blue and not more.

Ultimadrago

Mysterious Girlfriend X 8

g7Wiz.jpg

Bizarro Tsubaki: Mayne Urabe, fuck you AND your emphasized autonomy bullshit!

Have I said that "this whole spit thing" is stupid?

Yeah, "this whole spit thing" is stupid.

Later on: Mah boy, this is what all true warriors are made of! *pats Tsubaki on back*

The friendly rivalry
between Oka's relationship and Urabe's
makes some strides due to the
groping
that happened that day. Oka is still superior in my heart for not having Ueno "jumping through all [her 1000] hoops" - Jive Guy

Though Tsubaki isn't getting it as bad as he used to either. His relationship with Urabe is growing ever still with more
shared autonomy
through mouth gunk and all that. Urabe leaving herself open changed her and she seems happier with Tsubaki for it. Good for them.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito 9

Oh, so the girl looks like Eve because the comb "is there"? Huh. And what did the fox girl want with the princess? She was after her, and when she did find her, she didn't know what to do? Er...

And Hatsuki is too much of a badass. She's way too good with that sword... And she doesn't even know why. "Why are my techniques not working on you?!" "As if... I know?!" Bwahaha. Geez. If that wasn't enough... It's bizarre how apparently she's the best person in the world and falls for every single girl she meets in the books, while in her own time she's seen throwing gifts in the garbage like a villain.

What does that witch want with Gargantua, again? He looked like Yami? Hm.

Brazil

Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito 10

Another fox (who lives in a world with connections to many others because of... Well, she admits that there is no reason), another Mariel, and then... What? Space? Legendary girl? And this Leila chick got extra biscuit from the teachers! Isn't that nice?

Oh, and so is this her mo–JESUS

Jex

Aitakatta YES - Episode 5

This is a very dangerous anime. Proceed with caution.

...so you're saying it might be the Most Dangerous anime?

I would claim that this kind of post makes me 'hyped' for episode five, but in reality I always excited for the next episode of AKB0048.

Casshern Sins 01ish
Hey, I recognize that guy from Tatsunoko vs Capcom!
Besides that, I have no idea where this will go and not really compelling enough for me to follow.

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
Just a random episode of whatever was shown. Not bad, I feel like I should watch Brotherhood. I enjoyed the original series, just not sure why I never bothered.

Brazil

Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito 11

Leila almost died, but the guy... Was already there waiting for her. Alright.

Poor Lala. This arc wasn't bad, actually. Pretty bittersweet.

But now we're back to the main "plot". And oh boy.

*Grabs pop corn*

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I thought the shows main problem was it's lack clear focus. No-one knew who it was for and subsequently no-one bought it. Why they're pouring more money into this is beyond me.

Strangely enough, if they did go in up to their armpits in serious business stuff at the very least the show would have a clear focus and tone (even if there serious stuff was some of the worst parts in first season). Somehow I don't think they're going to do that though.

Yeah, I think that it's always been clear why it didn't sell. It wasn't mecha enough for the mecha fans, wasn't moe enough for the moe fans, wasn't yuri enough for the yuri fans, and was overall just really really inconsistent in tone to the point that it was on a constant and violent back-and-forth between pandering and alienation. The "balance" (if it can really be called that) that the show was trying to achieve clicked with me personally, but I understand why it's not popular.

I can only agree that going full-tilt into a serious narrative would be sacrificing enjoyability for consistency. I could easily live without the interplanetary power struggle looming over the narrative and some of the first season's worst moments were instances in which they doubled down on this aspect, most notably for me when
the loli oujosama came into the picture
. Diluting the amount of time available to the core cast for things that virtually no one would ever care about like bog-standard political intrigue and vague rambling about the true nature of the Vox was a bad idea, and with the second season by necessity throwing all sorts of "revelations" at the viewer, it has the potential to get much worse in this respect.

I can't wait for this to be ruined by excessive fanservice, school comedy, poorly forced drama, and characters who don't know what intelligent thought is. At least there might be some decent mecha animation.

Lagrange's series composition is handled by Shôtarô Suga. You people should have known what you were getting into.

survivor

Banned
Mysterious Girlfriend X 8

So Tsubaki didn't even know where Urabe lived? What a doomed relationship.

Man, Tsubaki why did you
turn into such a rapist? I'm disappointed in you son. Also I never knew kids these days were into earsex. I'm so out of touch with reality

cajunator

Banned

Delicious. I hope Lan is ok though :(

Arcade Gamer Fubuki 1-2:

This was so insane that it was actually genuinely enjoyable. Basically, it's Kinnikuman with arcade games instead of wrestling and a ton of the gratuitous-but-vanilla fanservice you'd expect from a turn-of-the-millennium anime. Something like this really couldn't exist today, and I suddenly find myself softening toward the experimental comedies from the early digital age that Fubuki is emblematic of.

The show also has Mine Yoshizaki character designs, which is always a plus. In spite of the enormous number of pantyshots it's pretty innocent fun, and I recommend giving it a try if you can handle just how bizarre it is. It's not entirely clear in the show at first, but it ends up being completely self-aware about its weirdness, which saves the production from simply feeling extraordinarily animu.

As I said before if youl ike this art style, watch Nana Seven of Seven. same voice actors too.

Brazil

Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito 12

What the fuck? What is going on? Why... Er, what?

WHAT?! NO!

So they're just going to be immortal together? I... He was never your drinking buddy! Are you making fun of me? And the orc and Mariel are actually marrying? AAAAAAH

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OH MY GOD WHAAAAAAAAAAAT

T5lIw.gif

I've never been trolled so hard before in my life.

Acchi Kocchi 08
JKGEA.gif

So cute you would want to hide in between some blankets out of embarrassment.
Really fun episode, I did like the showcase of festival games which made it fun to watch them pretty much dominate each game they came across. So much adorableness too this episode. Just so much.

Sayah

Can I be recommended an anime? Need something to watch.

My favorites to give an idea of my tastes:
Fullmetal Alchemist
Monster
Death Note
Deadman Wonderland
Now and Then, Here and There

No need to recommend:
Kaiji
Code Geass
One Outs

It's preferable if there is English dubbing available.

Sorry if I come off as picky or something like that.

Dresden

Fullmetal Alchemist
Monster
Death Note
Deadman Wonderland

No need to recommend:
Kaiji
Code Geass
One Outs

Baccano should be good for you.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Tsuritama 07:

ktCj0l.jpg

Worst excuse ever. EVER.

Natsuki needs a swift kick in the balls, several times over. Regardless of your problems with your father, you don't fuck up everyone's good time and you sure as hell don't make your little sister cry/potentially worse.

How I perceive an episode of Tsuritama depends largely on my mood while watching it, but this felt like it may have been the best-looking episode yet. There were more complex background compositions that weren't dominated by the sky or the sea, there were generally a lot of characters interacting at once, and there were some really fantastic uses of color like the yellow-green reflection of the sunset on the sea and all of the neon lights in Akira's base.

I have to mention that there was one scene that bothered me in its execution, though. The near-collision between the two ships toward the end of the episode felt much too sudden as there was no transitional scene between Ayumi breaking up the fight between Natsuki and his father and the ship having to evade. I understand that there wouldn't be a lot of time to react between sighting a fast-moving ship and scrambling to avoid it, but the mood shift from drama to action was too rapid. A few seconds of awkward silence before Misaki pointed out the ship probably could have alleviated this.

I'm hoping that conflict doesn't come to dominate the second half of the show, but this episode pretty easily balanced the serious elements with the usual SoL/fishing so I have no reason to be concerned.

Congrats, it's a girl!

Fullmetal Alchemist
Monster
Death Note
Deadman Wonderland

No need to recommend:
Kaiji
Code Geass
One Outs

try:
Eden of the East
http://youtu.be/etwptEQT_O0

duckroll

Most hentai won't spend 28 chapters on the gangrape of a single woman.

You know, the worst part of it was really that it was just so badly paced. Other than being gratuitous and just off-putting, it also meant that they stretched what was a single night over 30 FUCKING CHAPTERS. Just because. Really awful.

Fullmetal Alchemist
Monster
Death Note
Deadman Wonderland

No need to recommend:
Kaiji
Code Geass
One Outs

Blood-C (No English release, though.)

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Last night I watched Sword of the Stranger on Hulu. It was pretty cool. Characters/story were nothing special but the fight sequences were quite good I thought.

Is Jin-Roh any good?

madp

The Light of El Cantare

Fullmetal Alchemist
Monster
Death Note
Deadman Wonderland

No need to recommend:
Kaiji
Code Geass
One Outs

Try Basilisk, Darker than Black, and Gungrave.

Bleach
Naruto
Fairy Tail
One Piece
Toriko
Hunter x Hunter (2011)
D. Gray-man

cosmic is going to KILL YOU.

Theonik

School Days 01
lKwxI.png

Thanks for the information Sekai!

Nothing really interesting so far, apparently
Makoto seems to be into this girl from his school he saw on the train and can't bring the courage to talk to him but wait! A female friend(?) Sekai, finds out and is willing to help him! What luck!

IkSm8.png

What are you looking at Sekai?
FWPk2.png

What's on your mind?

So then Sekai invites the girl for lunch together with Makoto, as that's a natural way for them to bond, almost choking on her terrible cooking, with Sekai leaving them alone for a long "bathroom break", they talk to each other and a very awkward conversation ensues.

mgwWS.png

I'm not sure that's what you wanted to say to Sekai, Makoto.

So the episode ends with him confessing his love to her and arranging a date and wouldn't you know it he's thankful at Sekai, and even offers to pay her back and what does she ask? Why a kiss of course! because it makes perfect sense to help a guy you like to get hooked with another girl and then go back and make things really complicated for everyone.

sUVHG.png

Being Sekai is suffering

Not much to comment on other than that, except for some "interesting" camera work that seems to be used quite frequently. And what seems to be either a director's choice, an effort to save money on drawing background characters or both.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Congrats, it's a girl!

nono, that's episode 13, not 12. 12 is ogre marriage.

What the fuck? What is going on? Why... Er, what?

WHAT?! NO!

So they're just going to be immortal together? I... He was never your drinking buddy! Are you making fun of me? And the orc and Mariel are actually marrying? AAAAAAH

T5lIw.gif

I've never been trolled so hard before in my life.

Welcome to Yami.

11514-animated_gifchat8etf.gif

Jex

Does Golgo 13 get less Mary Sue as it goes on? I've never seen anyone so not enjoy sex.

No, it doesn't. How else would it survive so many decades?

Also, I don't think it's right to assume that the Duke doesn't enjoy sex. He just doesn't show it like normal people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom