• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

7Th

Wouldn't it be more of a Ishii work, though? Koike's responsible for much of the directing and visual style, but he's not the one writing the story, the dialogue, the whateva.. What's so restrained about Redline?

The overall direction and visual style in Redline is more... static and "movie-like" than the ultra-stylized, hyperactive anime-like scene composition and flow he used in both Trava and the Redline pilot.

Just watch the Redline pilot, it really has a really different vibe overall: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djk2AsbDa6w

Aquarion Evol 22
tumblr_m4poqlz2sp1r1geyyo1_500.jpg

Good episode and revelation. So hard to choose whos the better lead, Kagura or Amata, Amata always so determined but Kagura always so powerful and happy. His lines are memorable,
"“I can finally kill you! I want to kill you! Bitterly, violently and coldly! I’m going to kill you over and over!”" to both Amata and Mikono, guess he'll get both

I pray
Shrade
doesnt die in the end and for Andy to get back in the plot.

cajunator

Banned
The overall direction and visual style in Redline is more... static and "movie-like" than the ultra-stylized, hyperactive anime-like scene composition and flow he used in both Trava and the Redline pilot.

Just watch the Redline pilot, it really has a really different vibe overall: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djk2AsbDa6w

The show definitely wasn't this crazy all the time. The racing portions were pretty exciting, as expected though.

Will watch, but I agree that the opening scenes of Redline are more static than some of the stuff in Trava. That said: there's also a lot more time for character development in Redline, so it's coming from a different angle (though I've yet to watch Redline all the way through anyway).

The Trava DVDs, btw, are really difficult to obtain IIRC. The OVA was packaged with the Grasshoppa! anime DVD magazine, which isn't easy to get, and even then I don't know about subs from a production like that.

The pilot starts out simply gic, I must add.

cajunator

Banned
Is it? Outside of the OP and ED I can't say any of the BGM during the series has really stood out to me.

Feels so moon.

I love the horn-based stuff in it. It is inspirational, classy background music and it really works well. It perfectly fits the space exploration theme.

duckroll

Yeah, yeah. But while Game of Thrones is a much better (and catchier) title than A Song of Ice and Fire, I don't think that's the case for Hyouka.

Pdot's explanation makes a lot of sense, though. With the different title, they can differentiate the merchandise directly related to the show from the visual novels.

Visual novels? Wut. And no, Hyouka is definitely a much, much better title than "Koutenbu Series". It rolls off the tongue better in Japanese, and it makes much more sense in context of the show. Hyouka is the name of the club's yearly anthology, hence the show's title being Hyouka plays on the series being about the activities of the club members.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Ask them if Medaka Box will be more than 12 episodes.

Man, I'd love to watch an animated version of the Flask Plan arc. Maybe they'll do an OVA series later. :(

Visual novels? Wut. And no, Hyouka is definitely a much, much better title than "Koutenbu Series". It rolls off the tongue better in Japanese, and it makes much more sense in context of the show. Hyouka is the name of the club's yearly anthology, hence the show's title being Hyouka plays on the series being about the activities of the club members.

Light novels*. My mistake.

Hyouka's just the name of the first edition of the anthology, though, isn't it?

Dresden

Hyouka isnt a catchy or memorable name at all though.
Surely they could have come up with a better name for it.
2/6 could work.
Yeah, yeah. But while Game of Thrones is a much better (and catchier) title than A Song of Ice and Fire, I don't think that's the case for Hyouka.

Pdot's explanation makes a lot of sense, though. With the different title, they can differentiate the merchandise directly related to the show from the visual novels.
It's probably just a slip, but not visual novels in any case.

Theonik

Maybe I will watch Avatar one day as well.
Watch Samurai Jack first.

If you're liking it now you'll probably like it throughout. Still need to finish (start in fact) Book 3, but Avatar always seems to glide along the line of being good enough to be enjoyable but never really amazing outside of the odd episode.
This seems accurate to my experience of watching the whole thing.

Makoto

The music in Space Bros is really amazing.
Yup but apparently the first volume of the soundtrack doesn't come out until September. Feels not so moon, bro.

Is it? Outside of the OP and ED I can't say any of the BGM during the series has really stood out to me.

Feels so moon.
Eeeeehhhhh???!!! Personally, I feel the Space Brothers score is the Chihayafuru of this season. The main theme is so glorious.

Rosario Vampire 23
You can barely call that a bishonuen.
Boring episode, pretty silly in just everything. Spend most of the time watching villain of the week wooing all the girls and then some, and what do you do with all of them? Hold a concert!

Jex

It's the name of every edition. That was the whole point of episode five although they've mentioned it before then. Clearly it was so boring that you stopped paying attention :(

duckroll

Light novels*. My mistake.

Actually only Hyouka was in a light novel label. Since then the entire series has been upgraded to a normal novel label by Kadokawa, so you're wrong again! :(

Hyouka is the name of the club's anthology.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
It's the name of every edition. That was the whole point of episode five although they've mentioned it before then. Clearly it was so boring that you stopped paying attention :(

That may have been the case, haha.

Actually only Hyouka was in a light novel label. Since then the entire series has been upgraded to a normal novel label by Kadokawa, so you're wrong again! :(

Hyouka is the name of the club's anthology.

Jesus Christ.

Clearly I'm no authority in Hyouka.

cajunator

Banned
Rosario Vampire 23

You can barely call that a bishonuen.
Boring episode, pretty silly in just everything. Spend most of the time watching villain of the week wooing all the girls and then some, and what do you do with all of them? Hold a concert!

Where is Mizore? I feel cheated by this post :(

Dare...kuuki no tsubo...kuuki...nusumimashita...something...

Take that and shorten it to something Darekuki or something. that could work.

Reknoc

Eeeeehhhhh???!!! Personally, I feel the Space Brothers score is the Chihayafuru of this season. The main theme is so glorious.

I love the horn-based stuff in it. It is inspirational, classy background music and it really works well. It perfectly fits the space exploration theme.

It's enjoyable enough to listen to, it fits the series very well. Maybe I should say it fits the visuals of the series very well which in its self is rather cheap. Space Brothers takes a lot of okay elements tied together by some pretty great characters making it really enjoyable to watch.

I haven't got around to Chihaya yet, so I can't really compare but... Phi-Brain had the best OST of that season.

cajunator

Banned
It's enjoyable enough to listen to, it fits the series very well. Maybe I should say it fits the visuals of the series very well which in its self is rather cheap. Space Brothers takes a lot of okay elements tied together by some pretty great characters making it really enjoyable to watch.

I haven't got around to Chihaya yet, so I can't really compare but... Phi-Brain had the best OST of that season.

Chihayafuru had some incredible music. I guess I'm just impressed by inspirational, beautiful music.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Haiyore

References are still the cheapest form of humour, but for some reason I still enjoy seiyuu in-jokes.

oUvIsl.jpg

Otherwise, eh. But I suppose I was fanboy enough to laugh at this one:
cGhuXl.jpg

And thus ends the first and last time I talk about this show.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Take that and shorten it to something Darekuki or something. that could work.

I think we've found the actual title for Ultimadrago's anime. It'll incorporate all of the best elements of modern mystery anime: Hyouka's level of intrigue, Un-Go's directorial style, and Kamimemo/Gosick's character realism.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
What would a cajunator anime be like?

I actually described it quite some time ago! I'll edit the description into this post when I find it.

edit: okay, here we go:

"...a sequel to G Gundam that takes place in America and gives each state their own Gundam for the once-a-decade nationwide Gundam Fight that determines which state governs the rest of the nation. The protagonist, Alceé Fujibayashi Thibaudeau, is the half-Japanese half-Cajun pilot of Swamp Gundam, Louisiana's entrant into the tournament."

It's extremely loosely-based on you but it works.

Another 0

Man, Imagine if other Misaki was the second protagonist instead of Mei. Would be a completely different show.

Loved the
fakeout with the ferris wheel.
A little confused about the ending though. Did
Misaki just die out of nowhere and was Mei then told on the phone?

Reknoc

Chihayafuru had some incredible music. I guess I'm just impressed by inspirational, beautiful music.

I'm not.

Well, by that I mean I don't hate it but doesn't really stand out to me, or wouldn't be something I'd listen to outside of the series itself.

survivor

Banned
I think we've found the actual title for Ultimadrago's anime. It'll incorporate all of the best elements of modern mystery anime: Hyouka's level of intrigue, Un-Go's directorial style, and Kamimemo/Gosick's character realism.

You want to combine Hyouka and Kamimemo/Gosick into one anime? Are you trying to put even the staff to sleep?

Ultimadrago

Haiyore

References are still the cheapest form of humour, but for some reason I still enjoy seiyuu in-jokes.

Otherwise, eh. But I suppose I was fanboy enough to laugh at this one:

And thus ends the first and last time I talk about this show.

firehawk <3 always willing to give every man
(even the bad ones)
a fair chance.

cajunator

Banned
I actually described it quite some time ago! I'll edit the description into this post when I find it.

edit: okay, here we go:

"...a sequel to G Gundam that takes place in America and gives each state their own Gundam for the once-a-decade nationwide Gundam Fight that determines which state governs the rest of the nation. The protagonist, Alceé Fujibayashi Thibaudeau, is the half-Japanese half-Cajun pilot of Swamp Gundam, Louisiana's entrant into the tournament."

It's extremely loosely-based on you but it works.

Oh yes I remember now. Fucking excellent. Adorable name for a character as well!
HNNNNG/10.

Gundam Age 33

Suspenseful and nice. Kio is alright but I will be so disappointed if by the end of the anime he is the one to defeat Zehearto and the other Vegans.
In what world is he able to take on and get Zehearto to virtually lose in combat in the fortress. That wasn't right. I would want Asemu to take on Zehearto. The conclusion to those two must be reached since it didnt reach it last gen

I also hope Zehearto doesn't lose his position, seems that other dude is lacking faith in him, and Ezelcant seems to have some ulterior motive that I missed.

cajunator

Banned
I'm not.

Well, by that I mean I don't hate it but doesn't really stand out to me, or wouldn't be something I'd listen to outside of the series itself.

I don't know why really. that kind of music just strikes a special cord in me. I love uplifting music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom