• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
You want to combine Hyouka and Kamimemo/Gosick into one anime? Are you trying to put even the staff to sleep?

That may be advantageous if it consolidates a lot of bad staff into working on a single project, thus keeping them from being spread over the industry and ruining multiple series.

cajunator

Banned
Space Bros 09

This show continues to be very highly enjoyable and uplifting.
Mutta
find his brothers will and for the first time really contemplates how dangerous space exploration is and how it affects those you love.
. Following that,
He attends a celebration for passing Exam #3. He discovers the reasons why his competitors want to become astronauts

I sincerely hope this gets licensed. Its a special series.

Makoto

Another 0
ibmFKMrmXDgCD7.png

NOPE
Revisiting the world of Another was fun. I was sold on the relationship between the two girls (I'm so sorry if this is in bad taste), so the
ferris wheel near-incident
left me in utter suspense. A well done sequence I must say. Edit: I would have liked to hear Misaki say "Sakakibara-kun" in that voice of hers one more time though.

Another 0

Man, Imagine if other Misaki was the second protagonist instead of Mei. Would be a completely different show.

Loved the
fakeout with the ferris wheel.
A little confused about the ending though. Did
Misaki just die out of nowhere and was Mei then told on the phone?
Seems that way.

Kazzy

Fujiko Mine 7

b9yDX.jpg

So, Fujiko has morphed into April O'Neil for this episode? It was overall a pretty weak for me, the constant fluttering between time periods just meant that the whole thing felt inconsistent, it's story very much felt like it was being relayed second-hand, and poorly.

Although the series hasn't had one overlying story-arc, I still felt that was some sort of connection between them all, which is why this episode just felt so conspicuous to me. It did nothing with its characters, and basically could have existed as part of any number of series for what it accomplished overall.

And there I was thinking all the talk about the shading was overblown, nope. I was going to catch up in one sitting, but I might just have to leave episode 8 for later now.

/XX/

The way to show your appreciation, then, would be to respond.
Well, that depends on the person it is directed to, right? I've always thought that people show or demonstrate appreciation and affect on different manners and there wasn't one way only, but what I'm sure of is that many are more easily grated by excess than by defect, and I suppose some won't even need/want to see appreciation aimed to them... so I prefer to try not being annoying.

But as I've stated that it all depends on each individual, I'll just say now that I understand your opinion and I'll take it into account.

That is indeed, the key.

How else do you think cajunator vi Britannia has kept the throne for so long?

I believe in you! Question is, will your conscious allow you to...
I'm comfortable with my actual situation so I'm content, really. I'm a simple man without aspirations, ain't I?

Gainax panel was okayish. Nothing super special.
Nothing to highlight of it?

cajunator

Banned
Well, that depends on the person it is directed to, right? I've always thought that people show or demonstrate appreciation and affect on different manners and there wasn't one way only, but what I'm sure of is that many are more easily grated by excess than by defect, and I suppose some won't even need appreciation to be so I prefer to not be annoying.

But as I said that it depends on the person, I understand your opinion and I'll take it into account.

I'm comfortable with my actual situation so I'm content, really. I'm a simple man without aspirations, ain't I?

Nothing to highlight of it?

Unfortunately, Shiranui doesn't exist IRL so Gainax had no saving grace :(

Kimi to Boku 2 ep 9
tumblr_m4r1u3TjjF1qcgu4mo1_500.gif

The best episodes continue to be Yukki Yuta ones and this one was great. "First Fantasy" sounded like it would be a fun game. I liked the first job plotline and only wish they involved the manage more.

Hilarious reactions from the others when he lost his
kiss virginity

Eureka Seven Ep. 43

This was a very well directed episode. There was some very nice animation as well. Looking at the credits, this episode had five animation directors, so it definitely had a good budget. If it were not for the forced drama between Eureka and Renton, it would have been an excellent episode.

cajunator

Banned
Haiyore! Nyaruko-san 08

So many references, so many places.
I really did love the whole high school dating sim setting and the whole Not|Wagnaria. Too bad there was no Yamada or the mythical fifth ending.

Wait, the show referenced Wagnaria? FFFFFFFF. I need to continue watching it.

Another 0

First scene was awesome, poor dude, and then the
Ferris Wheel scene with the bird
was suspenseful. Rest of the episode could have been better though, lots of scenes felt really flowery and girly, I guess, slow and fanservicy.

I did like how it ended tied back to
Sakakibara, which was nice to see one more time

So many emotions from the ED.

Rosario Vampire 26
We got four insert songs today. Four!
But whatever. Show's over, waste of time watching it. It's pretty terrible all the way. Tasteless fanservice, plot that goes nowhere, fights where they make a point of how short it was. So glad to be done with it.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Rosario Vampire 26

But whatever. Show's over, waste of time watching it. It's pretty terrible all the way. Tasteless fanservice, plot that goes nowhere, fights where they make a point of how short it was. So glad to be done with it.

Now on to Yami!

OceanBlue

Of course, Horiguchi's original designs won't look as good in the hands of Silver Link as they do in the hands of KyoAni.
Character design aside, I like Horiguchi's artwork, especially her coloring. It doesn't really show in anime though. Honestly, it reminds me of Sora no Woto and Kishida Mel. I don't think anyone can look at the anime and say that it's a good representation of Kishida Mel's artwork.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Because Kariya is a failure of a human being.

Eeeeeh, I don't know about that. To be frank, he's the only character who up until
the bugs clearly started draining him of all his life and making him go a bit batty-nuggets
who made any sort of sense to me. Like he was the only character who's motives I respected.

I mean, when you think about it,
he grew up in a household of an old man who's clearly fucking evil. Anyone who grew up with that would want nothing more to do with him. Anyone with any amount of self-pride would throw that shit away, so he's definitely not a failure of a human being for that. Really his only failing was falling for the woman Tokiomi ended up marrying. Had that not happened he'd have never known about their kids, and what happened to Sakura. And then he wouldn't have done the rather noble (if slightly impossible) thing in trying to save a poor child rather than leave her to her fate. Which he could have totally done if he were a completely selfish asshole like most of the other characters are. The bugs certainly helped him go insane though, so admittedly his focus temporarily shifted to getting revenge on Tokiomi, but even then it's completely understandable why he'd resent the man and everything he stands for. Granted, none of the Tohsaka's have my respect, so there's that. They're all assholes.

Granted, it's his own damn fault for falling for Kotomine's trap. I'm sure in his mind it was just "speeding up the inevitable" since he'd have to fight Tokiomi anyway if he wanted to win the war, plus he did want to beat him for selling his daughter away the way he did. But even then I wouldn't call him a failure for wanting to do in Tokiomi; again he feels he needs to win the war to save Sakura, so while he went about it the wrong way, I can respect his intentions. I'm not excusing him for killing what's-her-bitch's name, that was him snapping after being royally set up. That was wrong, and I don't forgive him for that. Though in my eyes her dying was divine retribution.

Rosario Vampire 26

The manga is different and the author make this point in a omake when people who watched the anime ask him about fanservice and moe. XD

Articalys

Finally back home. What a long weekend that was. Now to catch up on the ~5 hours of shows I missed.

(btw, one of the Saber cosplayers I talked with at the con brought her computer and paid for in-room internet so she and her friends wouldn't miss F/Z 21. More dedication that I have.)

Solune

One of Them Is My Younger Sister PV2

So who is watching this filth next season?
I've had the pleasure of reading the manga so, probably a skip
Caught up on Fate/Zero (19-21). 19 had some really good music. I mean, the series as whole so far has had pretty good music but 19 has been stand out.
TBH as much as I love Fate/Zero, I've felt the OST to be lacking in S1. S2 seems to hit all the right notes for me though
2/6 could work.

You might have stumbled onto the next KH title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom