• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned
Welcome to the NHK! ep 1
I haven't watched the anime but the manga was depressing. It's still one of my favourite manga of all time though

I like Kazehaya just because he isn't the typical guy found in Shoujo. He's not cocky, suave, or imposing. He's insecure (as you'll see soon if you haven't already), and has trouble at times expressing how he really feels, not to mention he's easily embarrassed. Being presented with a male lead of this kind was a breath of fresh air. A down to earth guy, who really is down to earth.
I hope his nervousness and insecurity won't delay the romance a lot or create a lot of bad scenarios in the future

It can't help being so :firehawk.
I will never understand what :firehawk mean

Cosmicblizzard already said that, for him, good = enjoyable.

As Geneijin said, that doesn't rule out all discussion. That just happens to be what I personally look for. Doesn't mean I can't point out the negatives of stuff I like, whether it involves writing, pacing, art, animation (to an extent at least), etc. I can also point out why I think the series I listed are good, which I'm still doubtful you have any experience with beyond Ranma maybe.

Gaogaigar 25

I like Mic. Dat engrish.

What is Blood-C if not pandering?
You know what I'm talking about. :p
As Geneijin said, that doesn't rule out all discussion. That just happens to be what I personally look for. Doesn't mean I can't point out the negatives of stuff I like, whether it involves writing, pacing, art, animation (to an extent at least), etc. I can also point out why I think the series I listed are good, which I'm still doubtful you have any experience with beyond Ranma maybe.
Okay, I will fully watch one of those shows you mentioned. You decide which one. It has to be a legit harem show, though.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I will never understand what :firehawk mean
tumblr_m4miqiKshn1qdiktxo1_250.gif

Awesome show. I love the OP personally. I hope it grows on you if you give it a chance.

The Welcome to the NHK OP is one of the greatest OPs ever made. Catchy song from Round Table + attractive visuals and incredibly creative transitions from Masashi Ishihama = pure bliss.

The first season of Ranma is pretty enjoyable, but after it introduces all the principal characters it gets kind of stale. That was the moment where Rumiko Takahashi's creative skill began to drop off.

Okay, I will fully watch one of those shows you mentioned. You decide which one.

Oh damn. I would say Sora no Otoshimono, but I haven't watched the anime and only know the manga is godly. Dresden says the anime is bad, so I guess I'll take his word for it.

SZS might have the most appeal for non-fans of the genre, but that's boring.

Think I'm gonna go with Kemeko DX. I have no clue what you'll think about it and there's a decent chance you'll hate it at first, but ah well. I think it's pretty funny.

Edit: On second though, does Kemeko even count as a harem if there's only 2 girls after him while the rest are just doing their own thing? I mean the OP is definitely haremish, but no listing anywhere has it categorized under harem.

Well then, you choose between that and Kore wa Zombie.

cajunator

Banned
The Welcome to the NHK OP is one of the greatest OPs ever made. Catchy song from Round Table + attractive visuals and incredibly creative transitions from Masashi Ishihama = pure bliss.

The first season of Ranma is pretty enjoyable, but after it introduces all the principal characters it gets kind of stale. That was the moment where Rumiko Takahashi's creative skill began to drop off.

The ending theme to NHK is FUCKING AWFUL.
The OP is pretty decent. Not a song I'd listen to often but tolerable.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Haiyore! Nyaruko-san 8

Hell, they even fit multiple
Haruhi
references in this episode, haha. Amazing.

Great episode. Pure fun.

There's absolutely no way Mahiro wasn't messing up every route by alternating between each potential partner's events. With that said... The surprise ending would've been the best.

Uchip

Banned
One of my favorite animes and manga. I remember when I was similar to a hikkimori a few years back, I truly resonated with the protagnist and the shit he was going through. Thankfully, I am nothing like him anymore, but I will always hold fond memories of the show. Finish watching this goodness!

I can STILL relate to him
maybe not as exaggerated, but I have pretty extreme anxiety attacks
unfortunately theres never an IRL Misaki, and you're left to deal with it

Brave 10 11
Isanami doesn't have any nipples. And Anastasia is being blackmailed to be a ninja? And Kamanosuke deep down wishes he was a girl? Or is a girl? They really didn't explain that dream sequence shit very well... Well it's almost over anyways. Now I'm hungry for some Manyuu impressions.
And regardless of the gender this character is, I find it oddly attractive.

Brave 10 11

Isanami doesn't have any nipples. And Anastasia is being blackmailed to be a ninja? And Kamanosuke deep down wishes he was a girl? Or is a girl? They really didn't explain that dream sequence shit very well... Well it's almost over anyways. Now I'm hungry for some Manyuu impressions.
And regardless of the gender this character is, I find it oddly attractive.

I thought it was more about on the feelings of a type or relationship he would have on/for Saizo rather than desire to be a girl.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
AKB0048 05:

3P1kIl.jpg

This is why you don't ask questions about Sensei-sensei.

This episode was generally what you'd expect out of an AKB0048 episode that completely takes the emphasis off of the singing and mecha and drama. It was a mostly limp and pathetic attempt to give character to the show's stable of moeblobs, succeeding only in producing some really, really AKB0048 vignettes. I still don't know who most of these characters are, and, consequently, I still don't care whether any of them live or die, so protip to the show: acting cute is not a valid form of characterization. Other than the rather out-of-left-field Pheromone Girl, the events of the episode were largely a dozen+ palette swaps of the same character uguu~ing at each other.

Because Jexhius already elaborated on the specific problems with this episode better than I'm capable of, a select couple of observations:

Most of the Akibastar backgrounds are horrifyingly ugly. Not only do they look like they were lazily stolen wholesale from Bodacious Space Pirates, but the fact that most of the structures are simple polygons with flat images pasted onto them couldn't be more apparent:

They're just about on par with the infamous image of a copy-paste sidewalk in Angel Beats! that's been posted here a few times. AKB0048 has never been shy about cutting corners on animation, though this has largely been in the form of its overabundance of CG thus far. Its 2D art, in spite of its overall aesthetic repugnance, has generally been passable. Scenes like these are decidedly not passable.

Out of the actual story content in the episode, the Tomochin scenes were almost certainly the most insane:

It's just what it looks like. It's commendable that they've achieved this through entirely non-incestuous breeding, however I shudder to think what happens to the kids that don't look like Tomochin. There is a dark, dark underbelly to the AKB0048 universe waiting to be explored.

Random observation:

75th-generation AKB members have diamonds in their hair and eyes instead of hearts.

Welcome to the NHK! 2
tumblr_m4rn6unzXY1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Misaki is so annoying, leave Satou alone. But this episode was pretty cool. Kaoru is such a great character, instant fav, gave so many great moments and even that
passion and burst of anger

Though a
hentai game?!
what even, can't wait to see how this turns out.

Jex

AKB0048 05:

It's just what it looks like. It's commendable that they've achieved this through entirely non-incestuous breeding, however I shudder to think what happens to the kids that don't look like Tomochin. There is a dark, dark underbelly to the AKB0048 universe waiting to be explored.

Thats what you think but I am less certain.
AKB0048 05:

75th-generation AKB members have diamonds in their hair and eyes instead of hearts.

Well, actually, if you'd been paying attention certain other people have that as well. For example, their manager, Tsubasa Katagiri.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom