• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
i wonder how many body pillows Tomoyo owns with Sakura printed on them

It's NOT Yutaka Nakamura (BONES animator) on Nyarko-san ep8. He says on twitter that he only found out about the credit on that show today. He did not work on it. THANK GOD!
looks like saya really did protect us :)

duckroll

Yutaka Nakamura is one of the best action animators in the industry. For the last 7-8 years he has been an exclusive in-house animator for BONES, working specifically on action sequences. There is no reason for him to randomly work on some random moe show at another studio. Especially since he stated before that he is pretty busy this year on an action project (at BONES) and it would be hard for him to work at other studios anytime in the near future.

Articalys

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia 8

It was a nice enough episode, but I didn't really feel anything from it. I've read that the pacing in the anime is really weird compared to the original story, so maybe that's a part of it? I dunno. When all's said and done I might go give the manga a shot anyway.

Just three more shows to go until I've caught up with the weekend.

/XX/

A Question for Hiroyuki Yamaga
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__ZQmrCd2oM

This is the Yamaga-ness I was talking about! With that straight face talking about others sometimes you don't know if he is deceiving you or being sincere.

It's NOT Yutaka Nakamura (BONES animator) on Nyarko-san ep8. He says on twitter that he only found out about the credit on that show today. He did not work on it. THANK GOD!
But diversification is good, man. Working in what you really want makes you fresher to affront what tedious tasks are necessary to do!

Also... I still wonder about those actions scenes he talked about recently...

Jex

Yutaka Nakamura is one of the best action animators in the industry. For the last 7-8 years he has been an exclusive in-house animator for BONES, working specifically on action sequences. There is no reason for him to randomly work on some random moe show at another studio. Especially since he stated before that he is pretty busy this year on an action project (at BONES) and it would be hard for him to work at other studios anytime in the near future.

You'd almost wonder how such nonsense ever happened!

wonzo

Banned
Smile PreCure! 17

smileprecure17.jpg
smileprecure17a.jpg
smileprecure17b.jpg

well, that was a pretty weird episode. the animation for the fight with the red and blue akanbe was pretty damn good.

duckroll

But diversification is good, man. Working in what you really want makes you fresher to affront what tedious tasks are necessary to do!

Also... I still wonder about those actions scenes he talked about recently...

But working on action sequences is what Nakamura really wants. He stays at BONES because Minami promised him that there would always be new challenges and different sorts of action to work on.

If Zetsuen is indeed a new big shounen series for BONES, he's probably working on that, just like FMA1 and Soul Eater before that.

Jex

Worst character? Absolutely. Single worst thing for me had to be
switching out Toji for Asuka in the Bardiel fight and adding in that shitty insert song in place of The Beast II/Sin from Genesis
, though. Fuck that shit a million times over.
Perhaps I could meet you halfway and say that the character of Asuka was handled kind of poorly throughout the film.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Reacting to Kagami's impressions of Sankarea]
It's fascinating to read an opinion so completely different from every single other person in this thread.
This is a very tactful response.
My brain.
This is not.

cajunator

Banned
I dont think his reactions to Sankarea differed that much from my own impression of the show so far. I was happy when Rea got zombified because her life was totally shit otherwise. Then herl ife actually "started" as a zombie and the show became more fun.

-Minsc-

and he
does drugs
While I haven't read the original novel or the manga adaptation, what I have read up on say the anime tones down the original work in several place. That up there is one of the things it glosses over. One thing a person may fail to realize is WtNHK is based on truth, the author himself is a NEET/hikikimori(sp?).

That makes sense too.
The characters in NHK seem pretty miserable. a far cry from the ones in Genshiken who just accept their nerdiness and run with it.

Different sides of a coin. Both good in their own regards.

Jex

[Arcade Gamer Fabuki] - 3 & 4

Well, that conclusion was certainly in line with the tone of the previous episode. I feel that something like this really works as a short-form story, any longer and I might find myself bored by the hyjinks which all tend to revolve around similar kinds of jokes.

All in all, it's not exactly the kind of show that I would go around recommending to people but it still entertained me throughout.

cajunator

Banned
While I haven't read the original novel or the manga adaptation, what I have read up on say the anime tones down the original work in several place. That up there is one of the things it glosses over. One thing a person may fail to realize is WtNHK is based on truth, the author himself is a NEET/hikikimori(sp?).

Different sides of a coin. Both good in their own regards.

I enjoyed both shows a lot for very different reasons. Both were great additions to the collection. I enjoyed Genshiken more though.

/XX/

So he could be lying about there not being an Eva live action movie?
I think that is true. I was referring more to his comment about Mr. Anno's resolution to make the Rebuild of Evangelion movies. Mr. Yamaga has explained before that GAiNAX passed on the idea of producing those because they were busy, and he personally suggested to Mr. Anno the creation of a new studio to handle the task, but saying now that they weren't interested because they thought Neon Genesis Evangelion was like a thing of the past for them is a little... I don't know how to call it, disingenuous maybe. They showed interest and illusion on the new project since the beginning.

Mr. & Mrs. Kamimura leaving GAiNAX definitely had to hurt them.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Time to continue my journey LTTP in the Spring Season. Thus far I've watched Fate/Zero (best show ever), Lupin (okay) and AKB 0048 (no words).

8Q9HTl.jpg

Queen's Blade Rebellion 01-03:

Have you ever felt like burying your head in the sand and crying? Because thats how I feel right now. Unfortunately I do not live in a beach so there is no sand around me so I shall have to settle for burying my head into my shirt like the "greatest" footballer in the world did as he and his team choked a possible CL title against the greatest club of all time against Chelsea.

This show is a crime against humanity. It is disgusting and crude in so many ways. This feels like a cheap budget hentai series only there are no money shots to be had anywhere. There is still plenty of groping, tentacle action, not so subtle forms of innuendo, blushing, electric whips, octopus action and other forms of fanservice. There isn't an actual show to be had, it's just entirely fanservice. On the bright side there was a loli in a land of naked at least bigger than triple D sized breasted women. She, of course, was the best girl in the show along with her pet mecha meido. Every other character in this show is god awful.

My first foray into the world of Queen's Blade and it shall be my last. I hope you're happy my dear Envelope. I will truly be amazed if there is somehow another show this season that is worse than this dredge. It is somehow even worse than AKB 0048.

/XX/

But working on action sequences is what Nakamura really wants. He stays at BONES because Minami promised him that there would always be new challenges and different sorts of action to work on.
Don't worry, I wasn't serious about that and I'm sure he will pursue those challenges. However, standing on a position where you can choose the things you can do (a position in which he is as one of the most brilliant animators) can also make you try... different things, as well.

People change, man. People change...

And I'm not being serious here, either. Only talking about the possibilities.

Lain

Phi Brain S2 8

Episode wasn't bad, though again this plot point about Freecell's mom doesn't sit well with me, but now they even added Ana's
sister Eve
to the mix linking
her to the Orpheus Order with Mizerka knowing her, making me wonder when she met her, where is she now, why that makes Mizerka hate Ana and his friends and other stuff.
At least next episode should be interesting according to the preview.

I enjoyed both shows a lot for very different reasons. Both were great additions to the collection. I enjoyed Genshiken more though.

What is this Genshiken? Similar?

Satou has an apartment and was talking about paying bills and such, how is he managing to survive like that, and be well enough to get at least those posters and magazine? I guess Im kind of shocked its sort of real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom