• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

What is this Genshiken? Similar?

Where NHK is kind of about the dark side of the passion, Genshiken is far more about like... I don't know. Nerd cameraderie I guess you'd call it. It's really enjoyable.

Like, I think Madarame is a huge loser, but at the same time he's the kind of loser you can cheer for because he has elements of his character that you see yourself in.

sonicmj1

Revolutionary Girl Utena 15

Well...

leXfe.jpg

This guy is totally wrong for Miki. I mean, look at that mustache! Ick.

The last episode was a really hard act to follow. This episode seems to sketch a pattern for the future of the arc, and it does so well. A lot of the Black Rose stuff lacked the intensity of the last go-round, due as much to familiarity as anything else, but there was a particular piano room encounter that was pretty creepy.

I think it's worth noting that this episode offers a very different take on
Miki and Kozue's relationship, to the point that I was worried I missed something again from earlier. I don't think I did, but it was odd seeing Miki's platonic ideal of their childhood be subverted by Kozue into some weird possessive thing. Can't she just be like a female Touga, and not have her dating habits tied to her feelings about her sibling?

Or does this mean that Touga sleeps around to keep Nanami's attention on him? God, I hope not.

WzBmz.jpg

A blender? Crossed straws? Two butterflies? It probably doesn't mean anything.

Either way, I suspect this sort of subversion will become a pattern going forward through this arc. Whereas each character seeks the Rose Bride individually due to their noble take on how they want the world to be, the Black Rose motivates its Duelists through their most selfish and taboo desires.

Weird thing that's hard not to notice after this episode: There are three older brother-younger sister relationships in this show,
and every single one of them is sexually charged on some level.
Why?

In contrast, there are 0 younger brothers with older sisters.

I wonder why
Touga's voice was added to Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku

Episode preview looks incredibly stupid. I can't wait to stab my eyes out with a spoon watch it.

cajunator

Banned
The best part was that it was random chance. Envelope is just destined to make people suffer.

Satou has an apartment and was talking about paying bills and such, how is he managing to survive like that, and be well enough to get at least those posters and magazine? I guess Im kind of shocked its sort of real.

Genshiken is a show about a nerdy school anime club and its members. Its a lot more up-front about anime culture and the characters don't try to hide it and aren't ashamed to admit it at all.

Where NHK is kind of about the dark side of the passion, Genshiken is far more about like... I don't know. Nerd cameraderie I guess you'd call it. It's really enjoyable.

Like, I think Madarame is a huge loser, but at the same time he's the kind of loser you can cheer for because he has elements of his character that you see yourself in.

Genshiken is a show about a nerdy school anime club and its members. Its a lot more up-front about anime culture and the characters don't try to hide it and aren't ashamed to admit it at all.

That actually sounds interesting and potential to be somewhat funny. Guess I'll add it to my backlog.

duckroll

Wait what? There's an Hells Angels anime? I love the manga and how absurd it is.

Yup. The movie was produced in 2008 by Madhouse, with some pretty talented staff. It never got a proper distributor, and was only screened at the Tokyo International Film Festival in 2009. NTV only managed to get all the rights sorted out this year, and they released it via PPV on their On-Demand site, and the blu-ray is finally coming out in Aug.

Steroyd

Ginga e Kickoff - 08

What a beautiful use of a montage before the kickoff, and the animating of the football took one huge megaton drop in some places but that was understandable in this case.

-Minsc-

Satou has an apartment and was talking about paying bills and such, how is he managing to survive like that, and be well enough to get at least those posters and magazine? I guess Im kind of shocked its sort of real.

There are ways, you shall see. It's not all that hard actually.

I never did get around to buying the second season of Genshiken. One of those things I planned to watched but didn't when I shifted my spending elsewhere.

Ezalc

Utena craze making a comeback again? All these people who never watched suddenly giving in to Duck, Jex, and other's mindcontrol?

Defuser

Zetman ep 9
uhh yeah, a Jin x Hanako isn't gonna work when the show is cutting contents. Why do girls I support for always get the shaft? Poor Konoha.

survivor

Banned
Weekly BD/DVD/CD Rankings for May 21 - 27:

Blu-ray
*1, 43,263 43,263 Nisemonogatari vol.2 Limited Edition
*2, 17,452 17,452 Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon vol.6 Limited Edition
*3, 15,908 15,908 Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 vol.1
*4, 15,877 15,877 Persona 4 The Animation vol.7 Limited Edition
*5, *7,581 *7,581 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai vol.5
*6, *6,549 *6,549 Highschool DxD vol.3
*7, *5,723 *5,723 The iDOLM@STER vol.8 Limited Edition
*8, *5,610 *5,610 Ano Natsu de Matteru vol.3 Limited Edition
*9, *5,578 *5,578 Aquarion Evol vol.2
10, *5,566 *5,566 Berserk Ougon Jidaihen I: Haou no Tamago
11, *4,789 *4,789 Guilty Crown vol.5 Limited Edition
12, *4,770 *4,770 Inu x Boku SS vol.3 Limited Edition
13, *4,662 *4,662 Natsume Yuujinchou Shi vol.4 Limited Edition
14, *4,448 *4,448 Durarara!! Blu-ray Box
15, *4,058 *4,058 Mawaru Penguindrum vol.8 Limited Edition
16, *3,241 *3,241 Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam movies movies Blu-ray box
So this is the first time Durarara gets a BD release? I hope Aniplex will release the BD box here as well

Fuck, seriously what took them so long for it?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Arcade Gamer Fubuki 3-4:

Not bad, but not something I would recommend out the gates.

And LOL at that 6 min special. Terrible.

NeonZ

I'm glad that Arcade Gamer Fubuki is getting some exposure. Its a fun show. Not a great one but undeniably fun. The art style is SUPER-cute.

I really want to know why Sunrise didn't go with something closer to Yoshizaki Mine's art style for their Keroro Gunso adaptation, like Seven of Seven and Arcade Gamer Fubuki did... If they decide to animate more Keroro eventually, rather than just rerunning the show again, I hope they go with something closer to the art style of those shows.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Another victim of Envelaap? :(

But I didn't do anything!

The best part was that it was random chance. Envelope is just destined to make people suffer.

All I did was tell him it had a loli. :(

My first foray into the world of Queen's Blade and it shall be my last. I hope you're happy my dear Envelope. I will truly be amazed if there is somehow another show this season that is worse than this dredge. It is somehow even worse than AKB 0048.

Some people say that the first 2 seasons are better though! You can't write off a whole series after just 3 episodes!

Solune

I think its like the OST for the first Donkey Kong Country; I remember Fear Factory and Aquatic Ambience so I just guess that all of the music is of that quality, but it isn't.

Also I prefer OP2 to OP1.

No mention of Gang-plank Galleon?? I see that makes sense that if a few tracks stand out to you'll be more inclined to say it has a good soundtrack as opposed to a mediocre one. I wasn't really calling you out on saying F/Z had an impressive soundtrack though in case that's how it felt. Just voicing my own opinion since the soundtrack didn't leave any type of distinction on me during S1.

cajunator

Banned
I really want to know why Sunrise didn't go with something closer to Yoshizaki Mine's art style for their Keroro Gunso adaptation, like Seven of Seven and Arcade Gamer Fubuki did... If they decide to animate more Keroro eventually, rather than just rerunning the show again, I hope they go with something closer to the art style of those shows.

Nana Seven of Seven is an underrated little show too.
I hope some animuGaffers give that one a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom