• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reknoc

All I did was tell him it had a loli. :(

Oh wait, you're right. It was Cosmic that chose the magic number.

No mention of Gang-plank Galleon?? I see that makes sense that if a few tracks stand out to you'll be more inclined to say it has a good soundtrack as opposed to a mediocre one. I wasn't really calling you out on saying F/Z had an impressive soundtrack though in case that's how it felt. Just voicing my own opinion since the soundtrack didn't leave any type of distinction on me during S1.

Well I will admit, I didn't do any sort of S1 catch up ready for S2. I may watch the whole series some time after it's finished, so it's possible I'll change my mind hearing it again.

Of course I remember a lot of chanting and I love chanting *listens to some Halo music*

(Gangplank Galleon starts really good but I don't care for it when it gets all rocky. Do regret not mentioning Credit Concerto though).

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Oh well, that's too bad. But thanks for the clarification.

No problem. I have weird tastes when it comes to everything, and since today is my first day back at work after a much needed week vacation, I've been a bit snappier than usual. Pay it no mind.

Ultimadrago

Didn't really work for my analogy. All of the soundtrack is godlike.

You are a great man.

No problem. I have weird tastes when it comes to everything, and since today is my first day back at work after a much needed week vacation, I've been a bit snappier than usual. Pay it no mind.

Speaking of, have you caught up with Fate/Zero? How's it going for you now? Similar to before (in it for the visuals)?

duckroll

Kondo (head of Ufotable) announced that the key animation art from the OP/EDs in both seasons of Fate/Zero will be on display at the Ufotable Cafe. Here's a sample from season two's ED: https://twitter.com/hikaruufo/status/207475124163715073/photo/1

wJEp6.jpg

RurouniZel

Speaking of, have you caught up with Fate/Zero? How's it going for you now? Similar to before (in it for the visuals)?

I'm caught up. I usually watch it later than everyone else here and by the time I've watched it I have nothing much to add to the overall impressions.

duckroll

As I've mentioned before, that was the creepiest part of the whole episode. The girls seemed to treat the whole situation as if it was a little 'quirky' rather than 'incredibly disturbing'.

Maybe because there are much more disturbing revelations installed for us, and this is just the tip of the iceberg! I hope!

Jex

Weekly BD/DVD/CD Rankings for May 21 - 27:

Blu-ray
*1, 43,263 43,263 Nisemonogatari vol.2 Limited Edition

This is the figure that immediately stands out to be, but it's completely expected. What's more interesting, for me at least, is:
Weekly BD/DVD/CD Rankings for May 21 - 27:

Blu-ray
10, *5,566 *5,566 Berserk Ougon Jidaihen I: Haou no Tamago
Aren't those pretty bad numbers for a movie based on a popular manga? Was it released at the end of the week or something?

survivor

Banned
Ginga e Kickoff 7

Reika, why won't you transform already? This little charade has to end already.

You know something that has bothered me for a while but in elementary schools they allow both genders to play on the same team? I thought they had separate boys and girls tourneys at that point. Maybe in Japan it's different?

cajunator

Banned
I guess today I will catch up on several shows. Gotta go get lunch first though.
Been behind on Sankarea, Nyaruko-san, Accel world, Dusk Maiden, and Sengoku.

Lain

Yup. The movie was produced in 2008 by Madhouse, with some pretty talented staff. It never got a proper distributor, and was only screened at the Tokyo International Film Festival in 2009. NTV only managed to get all the rights sorted out this year, and they released it via PPV on their On-Demand site, and the blu-ray is finally coming out in Aug.

Check out the trailer (for example, here I posted it http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=37344479&postcount=4967). People were waiting to see this, and now at last it is released!

Woah, that's great.

Mysterious Girlfriend X 7-8

Oka really is the best girl. Although Tsubaki and Urabe were pretty hot together in episode 8. The erotic sensibilities of this show continue to be handled in a very appealing manner.

Next week: Yamauchi. Whoo!

Air and Kanon were.

I am well aware of that. But I think it would be fair to say that KyoAni has changed as a company since those shows. And it's not like their adaptations included any of the explicit material.

survivor

Banned
Ginga e Kickoff 8

The coach is a hack, he has no idea what he is doing. This match also displayed kids playing soccer more accurately. Just scrambling around the ball like chicken.

That weird creepy guy is annoying. I wonder if he is the coach of some other team or if he has a bigger role to play.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Perhaps I could meet you halfway and say that the character of Asuka was handled kind of poorly throughout the film.

Don't get me started. I try to forget that Rebuild 2.222222222222 exists as much as possible.

I still don't think "worst character" is apt but god damn...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHRBFTWSguY

I'm with you on this one.

:(

This might seem, well, kind of strange to many of you, but when I watched Evangelion for the first time as a young lad, I was screaming and crying for the entirety of the
Bardiel/Toji/Unit 03
battle. It was genuinely horrifying to my unspoiled mind and left a huge impact on me, so imagine my reaction to the changes that were made in Rebuild, especially considering that the changes to this particular scene coincided with
all the terrible shit done to Asuka's character
. Disappointment doesn't begin to describe it.

Jex

Or maybe everyone who saw it in theaters went blind. That wouldn't exactly inspire people to buy the home video release.

That is a distinct possibility. I can't say I feel bad that it's selling poorly, considering that it's covering material that's already been animated and it looks terrible.

duckroll

That is a distinct possibility. I can't say I feel bad that it's selling poorly, considering that it's covering material that's already been animated and it looks terrible.

But it's selling pretty poorly relative to what the cost of the production probably was!

The Is This a Zombie eng Dub cast was revealed, dont ever recall a memorable voice for Austin T
Main Cast:

Austin Tindle as Ayumu Aikawa
Cherami Leigh as Eucliwood Hellscythe
Jad Saxton as Haruna

Supporting Cast:

Anthony Bowling as Orito
Brittney Karbowski as Yuki “Tomonori” Yoshida
Caitlin Glass as Saras
Emerick Jade as Kanami Mihara
Eric Vale as King of the Night
Erica Harte as Taeko Hiramatsu
Lindsay Seidel as Kyoko
Monica Rial as Head Teacher
Morgan Garrett as Seraphim
Mark Stoddard as Kerberos Wansard

Jex

This might seem, well, kind of strange to many of you, but when I watched Evangelion for the first time as a young lad, I was screaming and crying for the entirety of the
Bardiel/Toji/Unit 03
battle. It was genuinely horrifying to my unspoiled mind and left a huge impact on me, so imagine my reaction to the changes that were made in Rebuild[...]

I don't think it's particularly strange to have that kind of reaction to that sequence in Evangelion, it's one of the most powerful moments in the whole franchise. If features lot of 'taboo', line-crossing imagery which is likely to scar a young mind.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Smile Precure 17:

ZbG20l.jpg

Hipster Wolfrun was fighting the Precure before they were cool.

Somewhat ironic that an episode about comedy would be one of the least-funny, but a.) you kind of have to avoid every Manzai act joke in existence for legal purposes and b.) I get the feeling that most of the humor in this episode was untranslatable. This joke was used about ten times in the episode:

Like, unless he can literally make his face larger like Emporio Ivankov from One Piece, I don't get it.

fake edit: what the shit, Fujiwara is a REAL comedy act? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fujiwara_(owarai)

b8Zxq.jpg

I thought that they looked too realistic for Precure. These bastards did the impossible and broke the 2D/3D barrier.

They also came tantalizingly close to
breaking the Precure reverse glass ceiling
, joining the elite club of
Ban-kun from Heartcatch
. I don't care what the show claims,
Cure Fire and Cure Gorilla will always be canon to me

The Akanbe battles have had flashes of good animation lately, but none of these action sequences have been prolonged enough to look truly great, especially since most of them have been zoomed out and have used simplistic character art. This episode was no different.

Akane's stage fright face is the best thing.

I'm actually surprised that they didn't play up the Kansai aspect of the comedians more as there's the stereotype that all people from Kansai are natural comedians and whatnot. Akane was certainly the focus of the episode, but all of the girls knew who Fujiwara were and were fans except for Reika, whose strict life has apparently not only precluded her from recognizing famous people but from understanding the concept of humor altogether. I've really gotta pick up Doremi again, I miss Aiko's hardcore Kansai-ben.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
what in the hell is this abomination? and who is this girl?
She looks like a ghost!

It's the future face of the music industry. You would know if you are watching the best show of all time.

Also this Blood C preview is taking far too long to load for some reason. This is so not going to be worth it.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Smile Precure

Megaton! There's a new Precure member!

http://i.imgur.com/v6O5ol.jpg[IMG]

(And of course they're a real comedy act, Mad Pierrot!)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I thought it was really obvious from the preview last week that they were a real comedy act.

RurouniZel

That was a nice set of boxes back then too.
Still got those. I guess I will settle for two copies of Utena.
wheres my blurays Nozomi? Let's go three for three!

They were very nice sets, I was used to CPM tapes/disc having shit video, but Utena was the exception. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom